TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Lagoon & Salt Lake City

It looks like fry sauce might be ridiculously easy to make (basically mayo and ketchup) so I am going to make up a batch to try sometime. Although I will be probably be adding some type of hot sauce & seasonings to it just to give it a little kick.

Now...back to your regularly scheduled program.

Is fry sauce anything like Cane sauce?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God and Adam are not the same person.

Well, with all due respect, I didn't say that you believed it.

I can't believe you went through an entire report of Utah without mentioning Fry Sauce.

Dang it! I intended to mention that!

Fry sauce is one part ketchup and two parts mayonnaise, and seems to exist everywhere in the region that french fries do.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the TR. I always worry when I post something so wide in scope.

...Fry sauce is one part ketchup and two parts mayonnaise, and seems to exist everywhere in the region that french fries do...

Damn! Well, I thought it'd be more "exotic"... with the 1000 Island and all.

And ~ DON'T WORRY! ~ your reports are great ~ and this one was especially awesome!

Can't get enough of those Mormons, y'know?

The best fry sauce in the state is at Crown Burger. A close 2nd is Red Robin.

That would go to Arctic Circle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL. Sure....

Arctic Circle was the first to serve it and that was 20+ years before Crown Burger came to be. Additionally, the Fry Sauce by Basic Convenience Foods, as well as most Traditional Fry Sauces, are based on Arctic Circle's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just a few notes from somebody in Utah:

Joseph Smith started the practice of polygamy, not Brigham Young.

The "building where god is buried" is the entrance to the temple. They check your ticket and you leave prohibited items in lockers there, then proceed underground into the temple where you are led through a series of themed rooms. It's a big walkthrough attraction. I've never been on it but I hear it's not that great.

If you find yourself in the area again you might like to check out the alpine coasters at Park City and Snowbird, various things at Thanksgiving Point, and Gilgal which is a tiny sculpture park in SLC seemingly made by a crazy person.