TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Screaming on Roller Coasters

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you move next to a theme park that was already there and then complain about it being noisy then you're an a**hole. It would be like moving to the desert and then complaining that it was too hot and demand someone do something about it.

Unless it's a brand new park then parks should never have to make concessions in regards to noise, height or anything like that (unless the height issue is in regards to the FAA). If you're bothered by the sounds of people having fun then you should move to somewhere that sucks where everyone's miserable all the time. You shouldn't have moved next door to an amusement park.

Unless it's a brand new park then parks should never have to make concessions in regards to noise, height or anything like that (unless the height issue is in regards to the FAA). If you're bothered by the sounds of people having fun then you should move to somewhere that sucks where everyone's miserable all the time. You shouldn't have moved next door to an amusement park.

For the record, I agree. It is like people that move near airports and then complain about the noise of the planes.

Or the review I read on tripadvisor recently when someone complained that he could hear the noise from Islands of Adventure when he stayed at the onsite hotel. Quite amusing really in a sad way.

I've said it before, Yes if you move into a development next to a pig farm, don't expect the area to smell like a bakery. (true case in fla where people sued over the smell, sheesh) Or people living near BGT, who fought against Falcons Fury because they didn't want to hear the screams all day and night. (to be honest, you cannot hear any noise from it out side the park ,even in the the parking lots, other than the drop machinery) You moved there, you knew it ! I can see exceptions ,like Illegal activities, say you find the house next door you moved into is a crack house. Then one has a legit beef.

Sadly, that reminds me of this nearly identical story out of California concerning a high-thrill ride.

I'm not sure about crazy rules other than that; just the usual measures like scream shields on the former Maliboomer and excessive tunnels on Gold Striker (hmm, both also in California). Wild Waves is close to residences, and they have some mattress-like material on parts of Timberhawk's solid handrails.

Am I the only one who checked the date after seeing names in the article like Big Sheep and Hugh Bone?

Am I the only one who checked the date after seeing names in the article like Big Sheep and Hugh Bone

I was a bit suspicious but there actually is a park called "Big Sheep"...and the surname "Bone" is fairly common in England.

I wish it was an April Fools.

Having read the info page on the park...I don't think it is quite in Disney territory just yet.

Locals complaining about screaming roller coaster riders is a common problem to German Theme parks too. For example the first drop of Germany's highest rollercoaster, SilverStar, is equipped wit noise reduction barriers. Hanna park's rollercoasters are partially inside buildings (which might be because of theming too, but putting a hypercoaster inside a building is mostly a missed opportunity for great views to me.) Best is phantasialand, which designed the rock work for their new coaster taron in a way to trap the noise, at least I remember reading that somewhere.

If you move next to a theme park that was already there and then complain about it being noisy then you're an a**hole. It would be like moving to the desert and then complaining that it was too hot and demand someone do something about it.

Dorney Park struggle. This is why we'll never see a GCI where Dino's Alive is. The people in the apartments that are about 50 feet away from the parks border (Where the Zephyr goes) complain if you use the horn on the Zephyr. Can't imagine they'd be happy with a wooden coaster roaring away.