Photo TR: Phantasialand

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys

On Sunday on August 7th I went back to Phantasialand, especially because of Klugheim. I went there with my friend Yannis. We arrived around 8:45am in the park and as soon as it opened, we went straight to Klugheim. Because we were there so early, we were able to go on the first train of the day. After the ride I was so disappointed because it wasn't as forceful like everyone says at all, in fact, we only got floating airtime on the twisted camelback, where you normally get insane ejector Airtime!! In the afternoon and evening it went faster because it has run itself warm. BUT it still wasn't that forceful like everyone says. Yannis and a few other Phantasialand fans said that the ride had a reduced launch speed on this day, but I don't know why! So I've never experienced Taron at it's full speed!

We still had a great day and were able to stay seated 10 rounds on Temple of the Nighthawk. Otherwise River Quest had a 90 min and Chiapas a 60 min waiting time! I actually wanted to ride those, but didn't want to queue that long, so we went to buy a quick pass, but they were all sold out :/

Now I have a few photos:

image.thumb.jpeg.9974a7668d41c61de4b9d89beea3e6b6.jpeg

Wohoo, ICE Front Row :D

image.thumb.jpeg.e1e38fdeb8d32144bd0145deeb7f8dbd.jpeg

Raik Q Line

image.thumb.jpeg.1e2048178636b6790af2adf937a498f2.jpeg

Klugheim

image.thumb.jpeg.c76c010a0664fc87dd0e112c6b0a79e3.jpeg

And launch

image.thumb.jpeg.b38bef15e6c1db67e5c80b895087f146.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.29867fe85f8c3756a3651403beece140.jpeg

Yannis and me with Quetzal

image.thumb.jpeg.1152866058d99965d6e05171d7ffe74a.jpeg

Btw, if you sit on the left side, you feel the waterfall

image.thumb.jpeg.270c8437f1ce9148932de014dcc85705.jpeg

Looks great

image.thumb.jpeg.dcc9f0fe2992e4f3b9fe72f01d0030e9.jpeg

And I got a new T-Shirt from Yannis

I hope you liked this Photo TR, even if it was pretty short...

After the ride I was so disappointed because it wasn't as forceful like everyone says at all, in fact, we only got floating airtime on the twisted camelback, where you normally get insane ejector Airtime!! In the afternoon and evening it went faster because it has run itself warm. BUT it still wasn't that forceful like everyone says. Yannis and a few other Phantasialand fans said that the ride had a reduced launch speed on this day, but I don't know why! So I've never experienced Taron at it's full speed!

I feel so sorry that you couldn´t experience it in its full glory

This is a topic that has been discussed on German boards as well, and there is still no one who can tell - but I also noticed that from the beginning till the middle of August the ride ran a lot slower and less forceful than it did before (I go there every other weekend or whenever time permits as I bought the season pass to ride Taron until I think it´s boring).

Luckily, this seems to be over, or at least Taron was back to it´s old self when I rode it last weekend. The ejector air is back, the very first camelback has wonderful airtime, the speed is the same..but thats just my personal subjective thinking.

I guess they are still figuring out how to deliver the same experience for every rider, no matter what the weather is like, how late in the day it is etc.

• 2 months later...