TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forceless coaster?

In the family coaster world, on Avalanche at Kings Dominion I felt nothing. I know family coasters are not supposed to be intense but I just felt Avalanche was extremely forceless even for a family-oriented coaster. Even Pepsi Orange Streak which is a Zierer family coaster I felt a little something at one point; on Avalanche I felt nothing. Like I said I know it's a family coaster, but I know bobsled coasters could be done much better like Flying Turns at Knoebels was. Avalanche just fell way flat for me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MF is a decent ride. Raging Bull is far more (less?) forceless.

With the exception of what might be the best first drop on any B&M hyper (and many steel hypercoasters in general) if you're riding in the back row. That goes a long way towards redeeming the rest of it's fluffy layout

Forceless means lacking in force

Forceless coaster means a coaster lacking in forces

Of course, every coaster has some forces, but people tend to exaggerate.

For example, if I was to say that a person has no common sense, of course that person probably has "some" common sense.

This. I think people tend to exaggerate way too much. Silver Bullet, while being a weaker inverted coaster, still easily pulls 4Gs in some spots. I just rode it last week in the front car and the loop and helix are very intense.

That being said, I also just rode Batman yesterday in the front car and it kicked my a$$. It is definitely more forceful, but that doesn't exactly mean the alternative is forceless.

The pullout of Millennium Force's first drop causes me to grey out every single time and once it gets going it delivers a lot of airtime. It's not I305 intense by any stretch (though it's a better ride) but when I think of forceless I don't think of Millennium Force.

Just quickly, here's a list of some of the most forceless coasters I can think of (obviously not small coasters, coasters with impressive stats that should be forceful but aren't). And to clarify, some of them are still very good rides. Millennium Force is more forceful than all of these and it's not close...

- Intinimdator at Carowinds

- Steel Force

- Hydra

- Dragon Coaster (Rye)

- Actually every floorless coaster in America except Dominator and Rougarou (but especially Hydra)

- Silver Bullet

- Wild Eagle

- Intimidator at Carowinds (I already said this one but I can't stress this enough... still fun but holy crap do something).

- Fahrenheit (really the only forceless adult Intamin I can think of... this includes Skull Mountain. Skull Mountain blows Fahrenheit to hell and I'm not even joking).

I actually like all of those rides, but they're all forceless as anything.

PS: I'm tempted to name a few more but they were saved by forceful helixes on otherwise forceless rides. Goliath at Magic Mountain and Nitro come to mind here but again... both are very good rides.

Haven't ridden Fahrenheit in the back seat, have you? I agree with most of the others on the list though.

It is definitely more forceful, but that doesn't exactly mean the alternative is forceless.

All coasters have forces, but when I say forceless, I mean that comparatively a coaster has no forces. I think this is what most people mean when they say forceless.