TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Park Pet Peeves

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was thinking back to some annoying things that happened at Cedar Point this year, and here they are.

1.) When you are at Cedar Point do NOT eat sunflower seeds, and spit them all over the ground. RAWR. That annoys the pi$$ out of me.

2.) When you are in line for Top Thrill Dragster do not say stupid things like "OMG Did you hear about how this coasters brakes failed and it crashed and killed like 30 people?" Ugh... I hate stupid people.

3.) I hate when people are all freaking out... "OMG I CANT DO IT... ITS TO BIG.. IM GOING TO DIE." all that nonsense drives me insane.

I prefer when I am waiting in line not to have to hear everyone around me and their "stupid talk" I guess thats why I get annoyed when I go to parks now.

~Matthew

lets see......these are the biggest ones I have and how I deal with them

1. When I'm with a group and after a few hours, they say they are tired, bored, or something equally lame.

I do not go with those people any more.

2. Line jumpers! (I have yet to see rules enforced for this one)

This is when the park "ejection" rule should consist of a real "ejection" cannon to purge them from the park. So I spend my time in the queue thinking of how to build such a device.

3. When there are long lines.

I am usually at SFOG and since I always have a season pass, I leave and do something else and go back another day.

4. When operators take too long to let the people off of rides.

I am not talking about something that is understandable, I mean lazy idiot that cannot perform a simple task too long. I pretty much have to use the thrill of the ride to overcome this one.

5. When people walk ridiculously slow in front of me

It is one thing to meander through the park by not being in someone's way, but having a group spread out in a line so that everyone is forced to walk at your slow pace should be punishable by torture. I usually end up getting furious and mentioning something to them about it and how inconsiderate and selfish they are for thinking of only themselves and not of the other hundreds of patrons at the park that might want to do something different from them like walk at a different pace.

6. When someone smells like they have not bathed....ever.

These people are the worst to me. All of can think of while waiting is how horrible they smell. How someone loves and has a relationship with them. I have actually left the queue before just so that I did not have to be attacked by their pungent aroma. I have thought about bringing cans of lysol to spray on them, just to see if current cleaning products can even clean them.

So I was thinking back to some annoying things that happened at Cedar Point this year, and here they are.

1.) When you are at Cedar Point do NOT eat sunflower seeds, and spit them all over the ground. RAWR. That annoys the pi$$ out of me.

2.) When you are in line for Top Thrill Dragster do not say stupid things like "OMG Did you hear about how this coasters brakes failed and it crashed and killed like 30 people?" Ugh... I hate stupid people.

3.) I hate when people are all freaking out... "OMG I CANT DO IT... ITS TO BIG.. IM GOING TO DIE." all that nonsense drives me insane.

I prefer when I am waiting in line not to have to hear everyone around me and their "stupid talk" I guess thats why I get annoyed when I go to parks now.

~Matthew

You hit the nail on the head! But I'll add some, it may have been said but one time at Disneyworld, a couple came right in front of us in the Fastpass queque for Tower of Terror, and started making out and held up the line for TEN minutes!!!! We tried to go around but were accused of line jumping, until we explained and were allowed to keep our place in line.

Also, when I am in a group, they get bored or get tired and want to leave. So now I fly solo at parks. Problem solved. And while I'm at it, I hate those who say a bunch of stupid things like, in the quote, OMG did you know that a train on Timberwolf jumped the tracks? Or...(a friend said this) "My dad was on the design team for Patriot and drew up the plans." Mmm...see my point? I live in northwest MISSOURI not SWITZERLAND where B&Ms are designed!!! My friends are all born and live their whole lives in MISSOURI (except one from Turkey) The person who said this, his dad has never been outside of the Midwest and he lives in a trailer park. No offense but how many roller coaster designers do you know that live in trailer parks? If you do I'd like to meet him.

This feels so much like the Rant Thread.

1. Check your kids height at the entrance! If he is a foot too short to ride dont bring him through the line hoping he will ride, and then get mad that we wont allow him to ride.

2. Dont get mad at the operators because you are too "fluffy" to fit in the seats, its not like we shrank the seats just to embarass you.

3. Dont smoke in line, I dont handle inhaling smoke very well as it makes it hard to breathe.

4. try to make up your mind as to whether you are going to ride before getting in the seat, its great that you are trying new things but when you hold up the ride for 10 minutes because you still havent decided. Thats when its time to step aside and get back in line if you do decide you would like to ride afterall.

• 2 years later...

-My Park Pet Peeves (In no particular order.)..

1.People being Annoying (In General)

2.Chavs, and People who act like they are "gangsta"

3.Line Jumpers are horrible.

4.Know-it-all GP

5.Bad Parenting (Funny to watch though)

6.Just seeing a really good park go down the drain in general

7.Marketing that's targeted at teens/adults made to be family friendly. (Jedi Training Academy sucks, maybe I wanna fight Darth Vader )

8.Overpriciness.

9.Bad Operations* (Pacific Pier at Santa Monica is a mess, someone flipped off the camera on the roller coaster and they didn't black it out.)

*The only execption to this is when someone is scared, I admit, I won't go on everything.

1. Single train ride operations....I can't stand waiting for half an hour when there are only like ten people waiting for each row. It drives me crazy. I would rather have a slightly longer line that moves!

2. Rude G.P. and employees....Its hilarious yet so annoying when you are standing in line behind people that have no clue what they are talking about. I was waiting in line for Superman: U.F. at Great Adventure and the people in front of me were talking about how there were apparently many deaths on that coaster. They ended up scaring some lady out of riding it.

3. Lines to Get Food....We waited long enough to go on the coasters and now we need to wait twenty minutes for lunch!

4. Slow Dispatches....Batwing takes about twenty minutes a dispatch...Enough said.

Bad customer service. At a hotel at 11:30 am, ready to head to SFGAdv, I called to speak to a real person to ask about their policy of park closure (it was raining at the time)

Response: "We will not close as long as some rides can operate. We do have about 7 coasters running now" That seemed fair enough, so after leaving the hotel (and hitting up some confusing signs and traffic, I arrived at the park at 1:30. Well, Kingda Ka was not running, no shocker there. But, I could see El Toro cycling trains! So, with my ticket ready, I head to the park entrance, which, strangely, the gate was down.

They had closed due to rain.

Actually, they were closing at 2PM, so I tried to be able to get inside, to hopefully be able to get in a ride on El Toro. When I asked the information staff if I could do this, the response was "come back tomorrow". Well, that is not so easy if you flew in from California!

My response: Well, I can't exactly do that, I am from California, and I will be busy during my entire stay

Staff: So, why can't you come back?

This story does have a happy ending, though! I was able to find an extra day to be able to make it inside! Though, now that I have all the credits, I really hope another US park builds a prefab, so I never have to set foot in this place again. Since most of their visitors are local, it feels like they can treat people however they want.

1. People who wait in line and don't ride: I'm talking about those people who are there just to talk to there friends. Honestly they're just making the line that much longer.

2. People who don't pay attention in lines: I hate when people aren't watching and leave a 2 mile gap in between them and the person in front of them.

3. People who don't listen in line: I mean if they ride ops are saying don't bounce the ball or don't sit on the top hand rail I'm pretty sure they are talking to you.

4. The amazement of a launch coaster: I think this explains itself, but why do people act like a launch is the most incredible and the scariest thing in the world.

5. People who ask you in line if the ride is scary: First of all I don't want to talk to you. What does scary even me? I'm not that person I don't know what is scary to them. This why I give them the best answer...NO! I'm not scared of rides.

6. People who go on indoor coasters not knowing what it is: OMG!! I'm so tired of getting asked what this is and then people debating when I say a roller coaster or they all of a sudden get scared.

7. People who can't buckle a seat belt: This doesn't need any description

8. Strollers: I don't know how many times I was run over by a stroller at Disney World, but it was annoying. Half of those kids are what.....4 and under. They probably don't even know who half of the characters are besides mickey and the toy story gang.

9. People who try and take your seat: Why is that people assume your not riding the ride if your putting your bag in the bin.

10. Wood to Steel: People are always saying they should make this ride wooden ride "metal". I always tell them that it will lose its effect if its steel, but I'm always told but wood hurts, its old, and its going to break

In no particular order:

1) People who litter... that is just disrespectful. Especially in a Cedar Fair park as you are either standing next to, in front of, or on top of a garbage can already.

2) People who yell in line to someone outside the line, for several minutes. Chances are you both have cell phones, stop screaming and use them.

3) Unless you are very attractive and female, I don't really want to talk to you stranger. Instead use your eyes! You should be able to figure out if the ride goes upside down or not.

4) Screeching... please stop.

5) Line jumping. Don't pretend like we didn't see you. You're 12 and sporting a Justin Beiber haircut... you're not a ninja.

I'm sure there is more, these were just off the top of my head.

1. Crappy fake rock like on Nemesis Inferno. Especially when it has holes in it, and chewing gum stuck all over it.

2. People who start screaming as soon as the ride starts moving.

3. People who start screaming before the ride has started moving.

4. People who take their shirts off. You're not hench, so put a shirt on.

5. People who talk about other theme parks whilst in a competitor theme park. Eg. Standing in Alton Towers and talking about how you prefer Thorpe Park

6. Line jumping. Saving spaces. All the same thing.

7. (Only at Alton Towers). People who stand there and try to prove to you that Rita goes at 100mph...

5. People who talk about other theme parks whilst in a competitor theme park. Eg. Standing in Alton Towers and talking about how you prefer Thorpe Park

It dosn't really matter. Alton Towers dont care since Thorpe park is their sister park since both are run by Merlin.

So whichever theme park people go to they still get money. And they are the best in the country and most popular so people won't stop going.

1.) People who let their badly behaved pets out in a park without a leash- you know, the ones with the dirty faces and sticky hands- they are called 'children'

2.) 'Guests' who cannot help but find some way to break a basic rule of conduct: Standing on the rails in lines, abusing the handicrapped access (This one REALLY pisses me off: "I've got bad ADD, so I need to abuse the ADA laws..."), throwing crap off of moving rides, or trying to get little Billy onto the coaster by having him stand -extra straight- to fit into the rides' height restrictions

3.) Parks with dreadfully slow operations on key rides (SFA, anyone?) where it can take 4 minutes to load a 45 second dispatch ride. (And I'm handicrapped, mind you- and I'm STILL faster getting onto/off of a ride than the GP is...)

4.) Food service outlets that are dirty, have trash piled on trays waiting for cleanup, out of condiments, or park food that is COLD. (See also: DorneyPark, Cedar Point a few seasons back, and the aformentioned SFA).

5.) People who don't look where they are walking. Yes, it's a beautiful Schwarzkopf coaster you're ogling, but LOOK WHERE YOU ARE WALKING, PLEASE. There are other people in the park OTHER THAN YOU.

6.) Please, please, PLEASE go to the loo before getting into queue. That Bean, onion and Pepper burrito is NOT something the rest of us standing near you want to experience. Use the can before going in line.

7,) If you're not feeling too peaky, don't ride the 10 inversion inverted wood shuttle coaster with LIM Launch. We don't want our day slowed down by your losing the aformentioned Bean, Onion and Pepper burrito all over the platform.

8.) People who bitch about the weather on a rainy/cold/hot day. You knew what the weather would be that morning, and if you didn't, you shouldn't be allowed unsupervised in public. Ever.

9.) Unless I know you, I don't care about your three cars, your house, etc. Shut up. If I want to talk to you, I'll give you a topic. I also don't care about your opinion on a parks' operations. If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

10.) People who -SWEAR- that JLo was in the park today, or that Eminem just gave you the finger waiting for Batman. Really, folks? Come on now. 1.) The celebrity you're now saying is in the park probably wasn't there- and 2.) They'd like to enjoy the park without you pointing them out.

(I know, I'm a grumpy park guest... but I think I've got reason TO be as of late.)

1. When signs, ride ops, maps, etc. give wrong information to the GP. (ex. "Welcome aboard The Top Fuel Dragster"-CP Ride op)

2. When people break the park rules!

3. Line Jumpers. I really wish I could take care of this myself but I leave it in the hands of park employees to assure I don't do anything illegal or against the park rules.

4. Long Lines. Something out of my control but it still tends to ruin my time at the park.

5. Bad Music. Every time I go to Cedar Point I get Rick Rolled.

6. Sticky Grab Bar(s) on Coasters!

7. Swearing. Yes I have dropped the F-Bomb on a few Vekomas but when your waiting in line and the person in front of you is cussing up a storm it gets annoying.

I have more or less the same amount of pet peeves.

1. The worst is line jumpers. At Canada's Wonderland it seems to be a MASSIVE problem. The signs saying you will be ejected from the park are not enforced whatsoever. Also, since I am not an adult when someone line jumps me and I try to stop them I get nowhere. Line jumpers just ignore me and walk right past. I really hate it

2. People who break the park rules. While there actually are no signs saying you cannot take videos/photos on rides at CW I am not surprised the amount of people that take videos/photos. Once I was going up the lift hill of Minebuster, the ride op saw someone taking pictures so they stopped the lift hill. The man taking the video refused to delete the footage or give the camera to the ride op. We were sitting at the bottom of the lift hill for 15 minutes. This is just dumb. You should COMPLY with the rules if someone tells you to do so. Its not optional.

3. GP- This has been mentioned many times but honestly they can be annoying. I was filming some off ride ride footage of Windseeker. Someone asked me if I worked for the park. I said no obviously because 1. I am not in a uniform and 2. I am not old enough to work here. It can be annoying overhearing people in line for rides saying "OMFGG did you here about the guy who fell out because he didn't put on a seatbelt", but whatever, I guess thats what you get for eavesdropping.