TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Television Advertising: The best & the worst

I've recently seen new adverts on TV and felt a lot to be desired. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe TV/budget restriction have burdened the fun.

Also cross continents we do not get to see other advertisements. So if you have a favourite, or least favourite, then feel freeto comment and add the below:

My personal favourite from the UK from over 20 years ago:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alton and Thorpe can be top contenders, because they make the creepiest sh*t but it really gets you interested! The editing is awesome! One perfect example of this was for Th13teen, with the Hall of the Mountain King in the background and the creepy girl...

That Efteling commercial is absolutely gorgeous!

I do not think any other amusement park commercial in America will go down in history as being the most memorable more than jolly Mr. Six dancing to Vengaboys:

I noticed that there's not as many hit licensed songs used in TV Adverts nowadays.

One of my favorite modern "cheesy" jingles to date is the ever-so-catchy Ravine Flyer song. The commercial was also filmed with the help of TPR back in May of 2008. Unfortunately, jingle has been put into the vault in favor of the more annoying, but less catchy, jingle for the new wave pool.

But us Erie-ites still continue to sing the annoyingly catchy song when visiting the park or mentioning the coaster in conversation.

My personal favorite would be King's Island's original Beast commercial from 1979. It's so timeless and a perfect representation of the ride. Plus as a bit of an animation geek, I appreciate the dedication to all the (what look like) hand-drawn frames that make up the video.

Also, as racist as this Six Flags ad campaign may have been, I still found it hilarious. Still not as good as dancing Mr. Six though.