TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Please help TPR's Jack Crouse!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that they will be able to help with the stomach acid and the blood in the stool issues so that he can continue on his path to recovery.

I myself have been battling a really nasty flu bug for the past five days and while I appear to (hopefully) be on the upwards climb, it's terrifying to know how something that seems as simple (if not annoying) as a cold or flu bug can turn into something really serious in a matter of minutes, hours or days.

I admit that being 44 years old and in decent health that getting a flu shot wasn't in my top list of priorities. But after seeing what has happened to Jack as well as another co-worker of mine that is currently in ICU battling pneumonia resulting from a flu virus, I am now going to make this an annual priority moving forward. They might not be foolproof, but they definitely can help with severity if infected.

These recent strains of flu viruses are very scary!

Jack Crouse's fund is nearly at $20k! Thank you to everyone who has helped! Can someone bring the campaign up to this milestone? If we could get a number of people to donate just $10 or $20 that would help a lot!

https://www.gofundme.com/jackcrouse

2111352072_ScreenShot2016-03-22at22_44_25.thumb.png.2e2bce287e3e6adeb956cef6398166d4.png

Update from today:

Tonight's update...

Jack has had all his test done and they still haven't found where the blood in his stool was coming from.

They have had him off of heparin (blood thinner) for 2 days and right now his bleeding has subsided.

Now though his lungs are not allowing the ventilator to expand them like before. So we have to try and get more fluid out of them.

Chest X-ray was still not good. What little improvement was there is not anymore.

Maybe due to the extra fluids and blood he was getting to combat his mysterious bleeding.

Later in the day today Jack was having some oxygen level problems so they adjusted his bed and that seem to help. Now hoping for a restful night for him.

That being said, the doctor informed us that it is still only day 7 on the Ecmo which is still early in the treatment and they hope to know more by Friday.

Thank you again for all your words of encouragement. It really means a lot to my family and I

Jacqi Crouse

I'm embarrassingly late in getting to know this, and very saddened to hear of what has come of Jack. I donated to the fund and will spread it around where I can. I hope his conditions turn out for the better soon, and wish his family the strength they need to get through this situation they're in.

I am sadden to read this! I have never met him but love the photos he posted. I wish I had money to donate to his family but with no work for 1 year and savings running out, i am in a jam. I did post for prayer at my church for Jack and his family. I believe in the power of prayer and I encourage everyone to just say a little prayer. What ever god you pray too, ask him for a speedy recovery and strenght for his family.

Stay strong!

I did post for prayer at my church for Jack and his family. I believe in the power of prayer and I encourage everyone to just say a little prayer.

I believe in the power of practicality. While I get that for some people, "praying" is their way to deal with a situation, but in a practical world, it does nothing for someone. If you don't have money to donate, that's fine...sharing the GoFundMe on your socials and helping us spread the word is 100% free of charge and will do a lot more to actually help the family than "praying."

Thanks.

www.gofundme.com/jackcrouse

I did post for prayer at my church for Jack and his family. I believe in the power of prayer and I encourage everyone to just say a little prayer.

I believe in the power of practicality. While I get that for some people, "praying" is their way to deal with a situation, but in a practical world, it does nothing for someone. If you don't have money to donate, that's fine...sharing the GoFundMe on your socials and helping us spread the word is 100% free of charge and will do a lot more to actually help the family than "praying."

Thanks.

http://www.gofundme.com/jackcrouse

WOW! I am sorry if I offended anybody with my prayer comment (I guess Robb put me in my place)! I should know better to mix Religion & Politics! I will continue to pray and hope they get enough $$$ to help out!

I did share the link to a few a my friends.

Jack get better soon!

WOW! I am sorry if I offended anybody with my prayer comment (I guess Robb put me in my place)! I should know better to mix Religion & Politics! I will continue to pray and hope they get enough $$$ to help out!

I did share the link to a few a my friends.

Jack get better soon!

You didn't offend me with your praying thing, you offended me because that's ALL you said you were doing. If you had said "I'm going to pray for Jack and share this with as many people as I can" that's something different.

And if you don't have the money to donate, that's fine. Sharing information is free. Just like prayers. One can actually help, and one can do....who knows what...

That's all.

Edited by robbalvey