TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Please help TPR's Jack Crouse!

^^^ And more and more corporations in the US are going to the low premium/high deductible options of health care - meaning that you don't pay a lot up front, but your max out of pocket before you start receiving 100% coverage can reach $10,000 per year (that's what mine currently is). Keep in mind that there are primary ($5,000) and secondary (10K) deductibles that you have to meet before you hit that 100% coverage.

That is why lots of employers started "offering" HSA's (Health Savings Accounts) which is basically a glorified savings account that you put money through payroll deduction so that you have it in the event of an emergency. I figure that I need at least 10K in there at all times to cover any type of catastrophic event...but then again, it's still 10K max out of pocket PER YEAR!

It really is insane on how awful our health insurance is here in the States, although I am glad to hear that Jacqi has a decent health plan through the school. My partner is a retired teacher and the insurance/medical coverage that he receives just completely blows mine out of the water.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's update is a bit more positive. Also, please note if you haven't seen already we are selling one of Jack's amazing roller coaster photos. I'd highly encourage you to pick one up if you haven't already. Thank you!

1830224328_ScreenShot2016-04-02at01_44_18.png.454e67dcb2c90ca7ad155e053ad821fd.png

Order the photo here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=213

Phoenix_store-X3.jpg.23c4c83c14d2d0fa22865ba2f5dc7824.jpg

Robb and Elissa, thanks for continuing to post updates through email, social media, and TPR. We can tell from your updates that Jack and his family are very close to you and your family! Our thoughts and prayers are with Jack and his family during this difficult time.

I've gone ahead and donated $25 to start. As many of you know, I am in the process of clearing out room in my house and am selling a TON of amusement park merchandise, KNEX, LEGO, and miscellaneous items. What I'm able to do is donate 20% of my eBay sales to Jack's GoFundMe page for orders from TPR members. This way, members who have already donated can contribute a little bit more by purchasing items for their coaster collection.

When ordering an item through the Amusement Collection eBay store, please send me a message stating that you are a TPR member so that I know to mark your order for donation.

We feel that this is a great way to continue adding to Jack's GoFundMe page, while also clearing out room in our home as quickly as possible!

Jack's GoFundMe Page: https://www.gofundme.com/jackcrouse

Amusement Collection eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Amusement-Collection

Tell Kristen that's a really cool and heartfelt idea!

I also hope Ellen takes note of this, and starts something rolling.

Continued healing thoughts for Jack and his family.

Kristen loves Ellen and suggested weeks ago that we do this. I honestly held her back because I see this as a 'one in a million' chance and I realize that there are horrible things happening to many families all over the country. It was selfish of me, because I didn't want KT to get sad when nothing happened even after she put in the effort. In the end though, it really made KT happy to just write the letter and send it off (especially after she saw Jack in person yesterday for the first time since all of this happened).

I'm glad Jack is awake and making real progress.

So awesome to see him awake and sitting up. However briefly.

And awesome idea from KidTums to write Ellen. True humanitarian.

Dream big and anything can happen!

Edited by robbalvey

WTG KT on writing to Ellen! You never know - if nothing else, it shows how incredible she is to write a heartfelt letter like that. It's great to see the pic of Jack sitting up today! I grabbed one of the last castle prints - thanks Robb for the opportunity and it's great to be able to help Jack's fund as well.

Donation made.

I hope that Jack and the family can take strength from the fact that they have complete strangers wishing nothing but the best outcome at an extremely stressful time for everyone. Hopefully it gives that extra boost knowing that the community that you are part of (the coasterworld in this case) cares this much and he obviously has had an effect on the people that know him, and in my case...read about him.

As an aside, I also can't imagine the stress coupled to the financial side of things...I have lived in the UK, Australia and Canada where healthcare is covered through taxes and nationalised healthcare. My son was born three months premature and I can't imagine what the bill would have been for his hospitalization! The US system has always confused me somewhat....but I hope this fund goes someway towards alleviating a tiny amount of the stress at this time.

To Jack and his family, Love from Canada from 3 complete strangers who are wishing you ALL the best.

Bruce, Lesley and Torran Donaldson