TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite attraction never made?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like either Disney's Animal Kingdom Mine Cart Coaster or IOA's Raptor Dueler would have been absolutely awful and probably both torn down and gone at this point. The turn of the Millenium was a very mixed bag for wooden coaster design, and with the unprecedented operational requirements that would have been placed on those coasters, yeah, they would have been hopelessly rough. I mean, Hulk just got an entire rebuild due to track wear. Very glad neither was built.

Beastly Kingdom or Discovery Bay are probably the two biggest losses out there. But because they weren't built we got Paris Discoveryland, Dueling Dragons, and Big Thunder Mountain (and developing parts of Disneysea's Volcano, and the space for Star Wars land at DL), so maybe that's a wash.

I would say all in all, my number 1 attraction would be the Shwartzkopf figure eight loop. Someone should build one. fig8loop.jpg

My vote would be the proposed Knott's Theme Park in Old Sacramento next to the railroad museum. Here is the proposal submission:

http://www.records.cityofsacramento.org/ViewDoc.aspx?ID=s6tFBnt4W+L9MlKqmrwNazJGh8NfYh5t

3548151900_e200441014_b.jpg

Source: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/robinshall/sets/72157618509002338/

Edited by invisibleinthedark

Great thread!

I still remember following Heide-Park's failed Giga-coaster project as a kid in the early 00's. It's a pity it never became anything, it was on/off until Desert Race was announced in 2006. The sketch strongly reminds me of Intimidator 305.

Speaking of that one, I made a recreation of it on NL2. It's not finished and it isn't accurate (that picture was the only reference I could find), but it serves to get a general idea:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It would have been amazing. Taller than Millennium Force and it fixes all the things people usually don't like about it (mainly the airtime). Shame it wasn't build...

Can someone refresh my memory of the differences between MK's proposed Fire Mountain coaster and DAK's proposed Dragon Tower (?) coaster in Beastlie Kingdomme?

It seemed like after Beastlie Kingdomme got the heave-ho that plans to build Fire Mountain heated up (no pun intended) in the late 90's/early 00's... which was about the time that Lance Hart started up Screamscape and it seemed like there were even rumors of survey markings in Adventureland. How close did we get to it being built, and what killed it? Was it an invert or a suspended?

These were two projects that still hold a great deal of interest to me...

As does MK's once-proposed Villain Mountain (rumors of which surfaced around the same time as Fire Mountain... I think...)

I remember seeing a blueprint of a Super Tilt-A-Whirl. It seems like it may have been an auction item at one of the Stark Raven Mad events but I can't say for sure. It may have been featured in an article in the magazine that Charlie Jacques(sp?) of Pennsylvania published for a number of years(the name of the magazine escapes me at this moment). I remember that it had twice the number of cars compared to the current models now in use at amusement parks today and it had a track design like the Whip rides in existence today(rectangular shape with round corners). I didn't try Google images to see if it exists on there or not. Also, I remember seeing a drawing or a blueprint of a prototype called Super Zipper that Chance Rides never built as far as I know. It was twice as high as the current models in use now and featured twice the number of ride vehicles too. Does anyone on here know more about either of these rides?

Can someone refresh my memory of the differences between MK's proposed Fire Mountain coaster and DAK's proposed Dragon Tower (?) coaster in Beastlie Kingdomme?...)

I "believe" from what I read in the past, was Fire Mountain was going to be based on the Fantasia film, which included "Night on Bald Mountain". With Chernabog. That thing coming out of the mountain (see below)? Bent on destroying the world, I guess. But He was destroyed. Eventually.

That's what Fire Mountain was all about, I believe. Dragon Tower, was bats hauling cauldrons to get gold from a greedy Dragon.

That's all I remember, from what I read, years ago. Hope it helps.

IMG_9427.JPG.0c6bda328ee10fcc24601d02ebd97f49.JPG

Chernabog's up there. Checking out how his deodorant is doing. :p

DLPR Story Book Canal Boats. Sept.23-2015.

^ That's actually what I forgot Fire Mountain was going to be, coaster wise.

I knew Dragon Tower was supposed to be the original suspended cars coaster.

But Fire Mountain? Not a clue.

Stratosphere Tower was going to have an Arrow-built coaster that would have dropped right out of the tower and gone up a 415-foot tower across the Las Vegas Boulevard. It was never built due to complaints from neighboring properties.

If built it would have been the tallest coaster in the world by a long distance and would have likely kept that record to this day. The second tower alone is as tall as Dragster.

Edited by cookiex

^ Arrow?

As recent as 2001 even. Just before Arrow went bankrupt.

Didn't they go bankrupt because of both X being way more expensive than they charged, and the fact that they got ahead of themselves with the R&D and other investments for this Stratosphere project assuming they would get approval.

This would've been an awesome coaster! Sad it was never built. Sure, it is Arrow, but Tennessee Tornado was built around that time and is extremely smooth, and this has just straight track. It would've been awesome!

Stratosphere Tower was going to have an Arrow-built coaster that would have dropped right out of the tower and gone up a 415-foot tower across the Las Vegas Boulevard. It was never built due to complaints from neighboring properties.

If built it would have been the tallest coaster in the world by a long distance and would have likely kept that record to this day. The second tower alone is as tall as Dragster.

1235574910_giphy(3).gif.f7218187fe76259b09e854289764499b.gif