TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Coaster Layout

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really say what the best layouts are without listing my favorites. I mean Skyrush and Maverick have a little bit of everything, but I always felt that Skyrush could be a bit longer. In reality SLCs and Boomerangs probably are the right answer here because of their compact sizes and amount of installations around the world.

Millennium Force definitely doesn't get a vote from me. I love the ride, and it's definitely historic, but I've been on a lot better. The layout is so repetitive and could have been more forceful. My opinion really doesn't matter, I mean look at how much success the ride has had, but EGF and Superman are far superior and they didn't need the height or speed records to do that.

(edit: and I highlighted that phrase in the post because I want to make that clear. Definitely not a MF hater or anything like that. I still enjoy the ride, but I'm just more of an airtime and forcefulness guy over speed and turns. This holds true for out and back woodies vs twisters for me.)

Best layout doesn't mean the most insane or varied, just the one with the best aesthetic flow and self interaction.

I guess it just depends on what your personal definition of "best layout" is.

Layout: the way in which the parts of something are arranged or laid out

It's not my personal definition, it's actually defined as how the elements are arranged. If this definition isn't being enforced, then this quickly becomes another "favorite coaster" thread, which from my understanding wasn't the purpose..

Not a huge deal either way though hearing about what coaster has peoples favorite elements to ride is fun too!

I'd have to say that one of my absolute favorite layouts to date is Bashee. Every single element is just so massive and flows perfectly into the next. The coaster as a whole just feels "right," IMO.

I've never rode Banshee but its kinda cool that it has no trims or brake run. It feels like how an old school gravity power roller coaster should feel. Just throwing element after element at you until the end of the ride.

I'd have to say that one of my absolute favorite layouts to date is Bashee. Every single element is just so massive and flows perfectly into the next. The coaster as a whole just feels "right," IMO.

I've never rode Banshee but its kinda cool that it has no trims or brake run. It feels like how an old school gravity power roller coaster should feel. Just throwing element after element at you until the end of the ride.

Exactly. And it hauls some serious a$$ throughout the entire course.

What layout will you all pick for Valentine's Day?

Obviously Top Thrill Dragster.

I mean it does kind of resemble a giant penis and all.

Gross

Does anyone have a Valentine Layout that doesn't have to do with anything shown above?

I don't even know what you're asking. This entire thread is about "favorite coaster layouts." Do you know what Valentines Day is about in modern American culture? His response was probably the closest to what you're actually asking in all honesty.

Schwur des Kärnan, Love how it starts out as this mini darkride going into this very tall ride into a low to the ground speed monster and then has a surprise at the end. Also love it when a coaster is partly indoor like Kärnan and have the fun start inside and continue when you re enter the building.

Also it's valentine's day and there was asked for it, this ride even has a huge heart shaped element.

What layout will you all pick for Valentine's Day?

Obviously Top Thrill Dragster.

I mean it does kind of resemble a giant penis and all.

Gross

Does anyone have a Valentine Layout that doesn't have to do with anything shown above?

I don't even know what you're asking. This entire thread is about "favorite coaster layouts." Do you know what Valentines Day

is about in modern American culture? His response was probably the closest to what you're actually asking in all honesty.

I actually ment what layout would you choose for Valentines Day.

For me, my favorite layout is Racer at Kennywood. An old school racing coaster that is actually a single circuit. This means you finish the ride on the opposite side from which you started. One thing that impresses me the most is how consistently close the two trains finish. its not the biggest or fastest just a fun wooden coaster all around.