TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey Talks Theme Parks on the Jeff Rubin Show!

jeffrubin2.jpg.222b04d5401389abd9f82a05c0252a4f.jpg

My third time talking theme parks on the Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin show! We talk about parks all over the world! Check it out:

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/international-theme-parks-explored/

Let us know what you think and be sure to SHARE the link on your Facebook, Twitter, and other socials! Thank you!

and if you like that episode, check out the other two episodes I'm featured on:

Water Slides with me and Shane Huish from Cowabunga Bay:

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/117-water-slides-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know/

Roller Coaster Design and Stuff:

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/12-roller-coaster-design-and-criticism/

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great interview, this was a really interesting listen. Thanks for sharing.

On the topic of the show, something I particularly enjoy about 'international parks' is the situational aspect.

Like how often can you do a park on the edge of a cliff, opposite the central train station of a capital city, up a mountain etc.

I love this podcast. I can say that I have been to several parks around the world as well. I love Disneyland Paris and also Europa Park. I love the attention to detail at Europa Park though their audio animatronics are very far behind Disney, the atmosphere in the park is really very cool and the people that work there seem to enjoy their job. I was also fortunate to be in Germany during Oktoberfest and got a chance to ride Olympia Looping and loved that. I also got a chance to ride several other "mobile" coasters. I'm now back in the states, living in SoCal, transplant from Tampa Bay, and looking forward to hitting more of the parks here. It's been a while since I've been anywhere out here though I have hit Knott's Berry Farm several times now. Looking forward to all this and more.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this podcast. I can say that I have been to several parks around the world as well. I love Disneyland Paris and also Europa Park. I love the attention to detail at Europa Park though their audio animatronics are very far behind Disney, the atmosphere in the park is really very cool and the people that work there seem to enjoy their job. I was also fortunate to be in Germany during Oktoberfest and got a chance to ride Olympia Looping and loved that. I also got a chance to ride several other "mobile" coasters. I'm now back in the states, living in SoCal, transplant from Tampa Bay, and looking forward to hitting more of the parks here. It's been a while since I've been anywhere out here though I have hit Knott's Berry Farm several times now. Looking forward to all this and more.

Thanks! This is the third time I've been on his show and I love the format. And not only for the theme park episodes I'm on, but for all the other random stuff he talks about, too!

Just listened through the whole ting and I must say I really enjoyed it. Even though I've been following pretty much every trip report you have done, it's still fun to listen to your various experiences around the world. Makes me want to travel, and my desire to visit Tokyo Disney Resort definitely didn't become any less when listening to someone talk about it with such enthusiasm!

Oh, and I will definitely listen to the "Robb Alvey versus the Blackfish weirdos" podcast...

Thanks for sharing this Robb, I really enjoy listening to a knowledgeable person geek out about sh*t they love talking about.

What was the Chinese shuttle coaster you talked about when he asked you about sketchy rides and parks? Any video?

What was the Chinese shuttle coaster you talked about when he asked you about sketchy rides and parks? Any video?

Yes. Although it's really hard to tell what it's doing in the video. You can sort of hear it make a weird noise though....

FYI - The ride has since been closed.

Edited by robbalvey