TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How much do park model Star Flyers costs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the 8th page of the technical factsheet here (PDF Warning) a funtime starflyer costs 1,125,000 euros with the platform or 1,049,000 euros without. Comes out to around 1,138,880 USD give or take a few and 1,221,395 respectively.

Out of curiosity I checked the price on Windseekers as well, and wikipedia reports those cost 5,000,000 USD for the first 4, and 6,500,000 USD for the next two.

I would assume that's just the cost for the ride itself, and does not include construction costs.

Checking the citation on wikipedia, I believe the windseeker numbers were reported by the park, so that might be total cost including installation. I can only find information straight from Funtime for the Star Flyers, so those might just be the unit cost sans installation.

Kind of crazy how much more Windseekers cost, considering how much they breakdown and how much they generally suck compared to Star Flyers lol

All about that lighting package, man. It's gotta be sexy, otherwise you don't eat.

I had found an article that was for a proposal that was shot down in OKC. Someone wanted to put one up in their Bricktown area. He said it was 2.5 million for the tower and installation for a 220 footer, that's the 70 meter version. The ride itself was a bit under 2 million. So I'm figuring the big boys are between 3 and 4 million in dollars . The base requirements seem to be the same. I'm sure the theming on top adds much more to them. The Tivoli one is blinged out. I'd love to know what that one cost.