TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney World AP question

Hilltopper39

So we are planning on purchasing Disney annual passes this this year but might make a trip this weekend that is going to be a last minute thing. I know your are supposed to allow 10 days for the Magic Bands to ship to your house but if you purchase the AP online, do you immediately get some kind of voucher or access code that you can use to make fast passes and redeem for a ticket at the ticket booths?

Can you purchase Annual Passes at the ticket booths at the park? I've never bought a Disney AP so I was just curious what the process was.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One you purchase your AP you should be able to start making FP+ since it's all tied to your MDX account and your ticket is just part of that. All you need is a valid ticket within the system to start making FP+, you don't need the actual card or the band itself.

Not sure about buying the AP online, but I know that you need to redeem it at a ticket booth regardless.

EDIT and EDIT AGAIN: I see Robb's post above, and he is right (See my newer post below). Wish I could help you out more about that. I bought my pass before MyMagic+ was implemented and it's always been linked on my account

You can buy an AP at the gate, so no problem there. Do you know what level of AP you are going to get? Know that they all include free parking, but you won't be able to get free parking the first time (unless you have another means of getting free parking, Hotel, CM, etc).

As you are FL resident, you can use the monthly payment program, where you have a down payment of $112, and then make monthly payments for the remainder. See more info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/passholder-program/

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to help out where I can.

Edited by bbomser

Thanks for the response, we're probably gonna go with the Silver level pass, my daughter (and parents) have the gold pass so we can get the Photopass Photos through her account. We would get the Gold pass if we lived a bit closer or our kids were older but we're far enough away (2 hours) that we usually have to come down and stay for the night and the blackout dates on the Gold Pass are days we probably wouldn't want to go anyways.

I'm not really that concerned with making Fastpass+ reservations in advance for the first day we use the passes we'll just take whatever is available the day we go no big deal. I just wasn't sure if you could buy passes at the gate or if you bought online if you had to wait until the bands arrive but it sounds like wherever you purchase the pass you can get a Hard ticket at the gate if the bands haven't shipped yet.

Also, does anyone know if the passes are good for a year from the day you purchase them or from the day you first use them? I couldn't find that anywhere, the website says "one year from the date of issuance" what ever the hell "issuance" that means.

When you get the pass (in-person), you'll get a hard ticket (RFID Enabled, similar to Daily Tickets). That ticket will be used for Merchandise Discounts, Free Parking, and most anything other than Park Entry and FP+.

I'll also add that I found this on the FAQ (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/magic-band-customization/):

"Once you link your Annual Pass to your Disney account, you can start making FastPass+ selections—you do not need to visit Walt Disney World Resort or wait to receive your MagicBand."

So just make sure you purchase the pass through your MDX (or My Disney Experience, or MyMagic+, all the same thing) account, and you should be able to make FP+ selections.

I would assume that Issuance means when you first go to the ticket booth and get the actual pass (Hard Card). That's at least my thought on it. But again, I've never bought a pass online. Plus, who knows what issuance means since you can book FP+ once you buy the MagicBand. If you book FP+ for a day, but don't receive your ticket (or go) until after that day, not only is that stupid, but did you screw yourself out of a few days, or just someone else from those FP+'s?

Best advice may to be to call them and ask for Passholder Services.