TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of thread bumping, but they just announced the name of the ride. It will be called Ednör.

The ride statistics are a bit off, but it's like they want people to see it as a real sea monter. Just look at the physical dimensions and you'll get a good laugh !

See the link here !

The whole story is crazy and confusing. They were building a roller coaster. They got attacked by Ednor. Now the roller coaster is actually Ednor? What? Does anyone understand it?

Hey look its I-305: Canada version. Lol.

46836827_Screenshot2010-04-15at1_10_39PM.png.d57e99fc466fd448976d1f9c933b6963.png

fail

Edited by acq10uaz

Ednor l'Attaque is a word play on La Ronde. Its basically "Ronde" spelled backward. I looked at the media website and the press release mentions a preshow and special effects during the ride.

Edit: I forgot... something about a "soundtrack", so possibly on board audio as well!

The stats are like really off. I mean, even the GP will notice the thing is not 305 feet when they are in front of it. Let's hope they can fix the 305 feet and put 30,5 meters instead.

As for the name, it's not bad but I blame the PR team for not making up a better name. It's not like Ednör is catchy or menacing at all.

I am guessing that since the ride is a clone and La Ronde already has an invert (a good one!) they are trying to do an X2 and throw random FX around the layout like flames, fog and of course audio. Anyone knows if they are getting the new generation SLC trains on this?

The website no longer displays I305's stats

However, it is pretty damn elaborate for a Six Flags storyline. I really wanna see them implement this kind of story line into other future rides (as long as the attraction itself continues the story).

The website no longer displays I305's stats

However, it is pretty damn elaborate for a Six Flags storyline. I really wanna see them implement this kind of story line into other future rides (as long as the attraction itself continues the story).

For the stats, I told the park via Twitter to change them. It's maybe because of me !

As for the storyline, I think it's not THAT bad, but it could have been better. It's kind of elaborate, but didn't go as viral as they wanted it to be.

http://www.sixflags.com/national/footernav/sixflagsblog.aspx

Cryptozoology is the study of animals that have not officially been recognized by mainstream biology and it’s also an excellent word in Scrabble. And with the discovery of Ednör at La Ronde, cryptozoolists and coaster enthusiasts finally have some common ground to end all those awkward silences.

If you remember my blog post from way back in February, I mentioned a nameless coaster that was ready to debut this summer at La Ronde. With 70,000 views, most of you have probably seen the teaser video of the mysterious creature emerging from the Lac des Dauphins. Well the sea monster is finally ready to make his official debut on May 22nd along with the launch of Six Flags’ newest coaster.

Ednör is La Ronde’s first ever totally-themed rollercoaster with a pre-ride show highlighting the legend of sea monsters and a geyser coming up from the lake. With 2,171 feet (Ok, fine, Canada 662 meters) of track and 5 inversions, this promises to be the premiere attraction in Montreal. For more info on the ride and some awesome videos, check out the website.

And as a special incentive for Season Passholders, you can be the first to check out the new ride with exclusive previews on May 15 and 16. So, if you haven’t picked up a Season Pass, I’d do it now. First official ride leaves the station at 11am.

For you state-siders, check back Friday for a preview of opening weekend for Chicago’s Great America.

• 3 weeks later...

They have been testing the ride. Here is a video of the offical Test Run from there offical Youtube page.

ADMIN EDIT: I have updated the link to include an embeddable version of the clip.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I think that beep at the start was to alert people that the Lift Hill was starting up again, as the train appeared to have stopped before starting. And also, it flew straight through those brakes at the end!

Is there going to be a preshow for this ride?

This is a quote from the Six Flags Blog that should answer your question

Ednör is La Ronde’s first ever totally-themed rollercoaster with a pre-ride show highlighting the legend of sea monsters and a geyser coming up from the lake

I also love how a geyser now equals total theming

That's great that it's being themed! Still not the best SLC ever, though. New trains would definitely make the ride worthwhile though. I feel like I've ridden this before though... maybe at every Six Flags park in existance (w/o a Batman)?

P.S. Best SLC = Great Nor'easter with its new trains.