TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Am I the only one happy it's not a clone and that it actually looks more fun than SFOG's?

-Cal

you really think so? I tend to favor SFoG' more because it does more than just out-turn-back. SFoG has several turns, a pretty impressive looking helix, and water sections...but then that could just be me...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it would have been anything other than superman colors...

screamscape seems to wonder if a name change is in the making but I dont think the park will go thru the trouble of naming it then renaming it again!

^If La Ronde does get the SF name, they will probably change the name to Superman:...

This coaster looks great. Sure it does not go 80 mph, but this coaster can provide a lot of air time. It looks like a lot of fun, and that is what matters.

NITRO at SFGAdv was originally to be named Superman Krypton Coaster and was probably going to have that paint scheme. Right before the steel was painted Six Flags made a paint scheme and name switch as there would already by other Superman coasters on the East Coast and would confuse the public. However, the "confused public" idea was thrown out the window when Superman Ultimate Flight was built in '03... NITRO would've been a pretty damn cool Superman and would have fit GADV's Movietown nicely.

Hey, doesn't nitro have a sort of a looney tunes/cartoony type theming, because it's in the Looney Tunes seaport?? Well that's what the map says anyway. I like the colours of Nitro, and if it's meant to have a cartoonish theming, I reckon that's really cooly unique for a hyper or any large-scale coaster.

Hey, doesn't nitro have a sort of a looney tunes/cartoony type theming, because it's in the Looney Tunes seaport?? Well that's what the map says anyway. I like the colours of Nitro, and if it's meant to have a cartoonish theming, I reckon that's really cooly unique for a hyper or any large-scale coaster.

Yep nitro is the first kiddie hyper coaster...it rides like one...

• 2 weeks later...

The colors don't go with the name, but since La Ronde does not have Six Flags in the name, it can not be called Superman.

This might not be me, but I would thought they would build it about as fast as Goliath(SFOG) since it can get cold up there. Maybe there is more ground work to be done, and that is taking a lot of time. I know that most coasters do not go up as fast as the other Goliath, but with the parks location, I thought the workers would try to build Goliath quickly.

^La Ronde is built in an artificial island (in the middle of the St-Laurent river) and it's already cool here. Plus, the ground at La Ronde is not very solid so they have to do special footers (deeper than normal)...So yes, there is more ground work to be done.