TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

• 10 months later...

La Ronde announced it's new Vekoma suspended coaster today. Here's the press release.

La Ronde announces the launch of a thrilling new suspended roller coaster over lac des Dauphins, for May 2010!

MONTREAL, Sept. 24 /CNW Telbec/ - La Ronde announced today the debut for May 2010 of a new, awe-inspiring, half-suspended roller coaster over lac des Dauphins, made possible by a major investment by Six Flags Inc. To mark the start of construction, La Ronde is launching a promotion as thrilling as the new roller coaster itself: visitors who buy a 2010 season passport as of today will be invited to be the first to experience this new extreme sensation, by boarding the ride before it is opened to the general public!

What's different about this ride is that half of its twisting 689-metre course is over water. Towering at 33 metres, the new roller coaster will include five inversions and zoom along at close to 90 kilometres an hour. Featuring two trains with a capacity of 20 passengers each, the ride promises to deliver an extraordinary experience.

Work on the coaster has already begun near the Jardin des Étoiles and an observation deck will allow guests to view the progress of La Ronde's latest thrill machine. In the coming months, La Ronde will unveil the new ride's name and other details on its Facebook page and web site at http://www.laronde.com.

The roller coaster manufacturer, Vekoma, is well-known in Montreal, having designed three of La Ronde's most popular rides: Super Manège, Boomerang and Grande Roue - the latter two are celebrating their 25th anniversary this month.

The announcement comes just a few weeks after fans chose The Monster, La Ronde's signature ride, as the number one roller coaster in The Tournament of Thrills on Facebook.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^It seems every park labels a moved coaster as "new', we should expect this by now.

I take excpetion with the fact that they mention their stupid facebook contest that Le Monstre won. The fact that LeMonstre won should be considered an absolute embarrassment to Six Flags.

Personally, I've had no problems with SLCs, but that's just me. I've always wondered why Vekoma just couldn't call their version of an inverted, "inverted."

Off-topic, looking at that map, I wonder if you can get anything to eat at "Entrée Village?"

Eric

At least it is official now. I wonder what is going to happen to the Batman clone now or is the park just going to keep it?

Seems they're going to keep it, unless thats something they didn't want to announce yet...

Six Flags just continues to defy all logic lately. I really just cannot understand at all the point of La Ronde adding an SLC.

Guys, seriously... Think about it from a GP perspective; the rides look totally different. 2 vs. 4 across, very different looking layout, and guess what, A DIFFERENT COLOR!

That's pretty much all it takes to fool most people! (Especially French Canadians!!!)

Guys, seriously... Think about it from a GP perspective; the rides look totally different. 2 vs. 4 across, very different looking layout, and guess what, A DIFFERENT COLOR!

That's pretty much all it takes to fool most people! (Especially French Canadians!!!)

Good point, the GP will more then likely not notice or care as much as enthusiasts will.

Or they'll just appreciate Vampire even more...

LOL Elissa thanks you

While it is unusual that it will be at a park that already has an invert, it should still be a hit with the crowds. Remember, Great America had three inverted coasters (including two shuttle coasters) at one point. All three were popular, and hopefully this can achieve the success that Vampire has.

As for the ride itself, I'm not a fan of the colors, but I do like the location. I wonder if the ride will be similar to Infusion and X2 and have fire and water effects, as that would certainly differentiate the ride from Vampire.

^^^^Well if the Great Escape really needs an SLC, they can still get T2 as I'm assuming it's time at SFKK is running out soon. As for La Ronde getting the SLC, not that strange. If a park can have 2 multi-inversion B&Ms in the same park, I don't see why not 2 Inverted coasters.