TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at La Ronde, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

September 11th, 2005 - New roller coaster coming to La Ronde (SEE BELOW!)

October 26th, 2005 - Goliath announced

November 18th, 2005 - Goliath track installation begins

December 2nd, 2005 - Goliath station and brake run installed

December 13th, 2005 - Goliath lift hill vertical construction

December 21st, 2005 - Goliath lift hill complete!

January 11th, 2006 - Goliath initial drop nears completion

February 11th, 2006 - Goliath construction update

February 15th, 2006 - Goliath first airtime hill rises

March 2nd, 2006 - Goliath continues at a rapid pace

March 19th, 2006 - Goliath turnaround complete

March 24th, 2006 - Goliath trains arrive!

April 20th, 2006 - Goliath begins testing

May 13th, 2006 - Goliath opens

May 3rd, 2007 - La Ronde implements Lo-Q system

November 20th, 2008 - limited time "Mummy" will be open June 19th -September 7th 2009

September 24th, 2009 - Park announces "new" Suspended Looping Coaster (from Astroworld)

February 28th, 2010 - SLC construction photos posted

March 10th, 2010 - Terminator X laser battle coming to La Ronde for 2010 season

March 24th, 2010 - SLC construction continues

April 1st, 2010 - SLC viral campaign begins

April 15th, 2010 - SLC name "Ednor L'attaque" revealed

April 22nd, 2010 - Ednor details revealed

May 8th, 2010 - Ednor test run video

July 27th, 2010 - Restraint pops open on Boomerang

January 20th, 2012 - 'Vol Ultime' star flyer announced for 2012

July 6th, 2012 - Worker struck by Vampire in restricted zone dies

October 31st, 2012 - End of season trip report including Ednör photos!

December 19th, 2012 - Guests no longer allowed to bring food into the park

August 29th, 2013 - Demon announced

August 28th, 2014 - Maison Rouge, year-round haunted house announced

September 3rd, 2015 - For 2016, Vampire to run backwards and the addition of two flat rides: Phoenix (Flying Scooters) and Gravitor

September 1st, 2016 - Titan anounced (Giant Frisbee)

May 27th, 2017 - Pitoune, La Ronde's 50 year old flume to be removed

August 30th, 2018 - Chaos (Larson Loop) announced for 2019

ORIGINAL POST

For those who doesn't know it yet, Six Flags La Ronde (Montreal, Canada), is getting a new coaster next year. The coaster will be revealed late october.

Strong rumors about a B&M hyper are on the net but nothing is quite sure yet... the best is yet to come !

Here are some construction pictures from Thrill Zone Forum, La Ronde Capoté member.

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=thrillzone&act=idx

869195170_pa0803403pj7ro1.thumb.jpg.ec368cb53eabaeb436ef9d0ef145d20b.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

That would be pretty cool if they got a Hyper. I haven't been to this park since 1986 and I've been looking for a reason to get back there!

Thanks for posting the pics! Feel free to post or link to new ones when you have them!

--Robb

I can't wait to ride this coaster. I am going to La Ronde next year, and I will be able to ride a note worthy coaster other than Monstre. I have heard it will have a similay layout to Nitro, Silver Star, or Raging Bull. Whatever it will be like in the end, I'm sure it will be a good coaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah it's gonna be big

Media invitation - La Ronde introduces the only attraction of its kind in Canada!

MONTREAL, Oct. 25 /CNW Telbec/ - La Ronde invites you to the unveiling of

its biggest construction project since the Monstre in 1985. Come and find out

the name and specs of this brand new extreme thrill ride. Those interested

will be able to visit the construction site with the project manager after the

announcement.

When: Wednesday, October 26 2005 at 11:00 am

Where: The Jupiter at La Ronde on St Helen's Island

Directions:

From the Jacques-Cartier Bridge: Parc Jean-Drapeau exit

By metro: Jean-Drapeau station

Parking available on the site

RSVP:

Geneviève Ferron, Public Relations Coordinator,

Telephone: (514) 397-2000, ext. 2704

E-mail: gferron@laronde.com

For further information: Anne-Marie Desautels, Public Relations Manager,

La Ronde, Member of the Six Flags Family, (514) 397-2001, ext. 2703, Fax:

(514) 397-7762, amdesautels@laronde.com

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/releases/archive/October2005/25/c5758.html

La Ronde announces the construction of Goliath, Canada's tallest and fastest roller coaster

MONTREAL, Oct. 26 /CNW Telbec/ - La Ronde announced today the construction of Canada's tallest and fastest roller coaster. The exciting new steel roller coaster will be called Goliath in tribute to its enormous size, supreme speed and awesome height and will be ready to welcome its first high-thrill seekers as of spring 2006. Goliath is without a doubt La Ronde's biggest project since the Monstre was built in 1985. It will be La Ronde's 11th thrill ride.

La Ronde's phenomenal new steel giant will measure over 53 metres(175 feet) in height, making it 13 metres (43 feet) higher than the Monstre and 21 metres (69 feet) higher than the Vampire! After an initial drop of over 52 metres (171 feet), the intrepid passengers will take a 1,231-metre (4,039-foot) route at speeds reaching 110 km/h (68 mph) for over three minutes!

Passengers will have to be at least 1.37 metres (54 inches) tall to ride the giant.

The exhilarating new Goliath will have two 36-passenger trains, each with nine cars with a capacity of four people across. To enhance this amazingly smooth and thrilling experience, the wagons will be open on the sides and the safety device will attach from bottom to top, giving passengers the impression that they are flying far above Sainte-Hélène Island. A significant feature of the unbeatable Goliath is that its expansive twisting track will whisk guests outside the park, to the eastern point of Sainte-Hélène Island, before rushing them back into the park, over a series of quick hills and drops and finally to a smooth ending in the station house, located near Tour de Ville.

"I'm proud to confirm that in 2006, La Ronde will further bolster its

position as a world-class theme park with the construction of Canada's tallest and fastest roller coaster! Indeed, as of spring 2006, La Ronde will answer high-thrill seekers' expectations by offering them the astonishing Goliath, custom designed to provide them with extreme thrills they will never forget," said Len Turtora, La Ronde's Vice-President and General Manager. "I invite all Quebecers, Canadians and tourists visiting our beautiful city to come and see for themselves how La Ronde continues not only to evolve but also to offer the most complete family entertainment on the market."

Goliath was custom-designed for La Ronde by the famous manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard of Monthey, Switzerland, a company known in the industry for the quality of its thrill-producing rides. Bolliger & Mabillard also designed La Ronde's popular Vampire ride, installed in 2002.

Goliath will cost $18.7 million, the largest investment for a single

ride since the park opened in 1967. Construction has already begun on the

giant roller coaster and will continue throughout the winter in order to be

ready for thrill-seekers when La Ronde opens. Building this first-ever ride in Canada, will take close to 100 specialized workers, 300 pilings, 150 cement foundations, 106 columns, 1,750 m(3) (61,800 f3) of cement and 850 anchor bolts.

As of October 26, updates, videos and pictures of this large-scale

construction project will be regularly posted on www.laronde.com to share the excitement with La Ronde's visitors.

La Ronde is owned and operated by Six Flags, Inc. the world's largest

regional theme park company, which owns and operates 30 parks in North

America. Six Flags Theme Parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.

So is 'Goliath' the new 'Batman' for the Six Flags parks? Everyone gets one!

Too bad SFMM already has a crappy version!

Now why can't we all get the Walibi World Version!

Yay for Canada, this should look pretty interesting at that park!

It's really sloooowwwwwwwwwwww.....

The picture i posted is the only one that they have on the website and the video is impossible to download...

I'll try to upload the video somewhere else, but i have only 8%of it right now (1 hour left!)... damn ! 46mo is a little big !

I finally got the video to download somewhat, it's very slow. The video isn't of LaRondes Hyper though it's SFGADv Nitro.

I happen to like SFMM Goliath Mrs. Alvey

LaRonde/SFOG Hyper jr. Looks to be major Airtime Machines, I just hope B&M doesn't feel the need to slap trims all over the place.