TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Am the only one who thinks La Ronde gets dumped on a little too much? It has basically become a park meme with Six Flags America, but all three of my visits have been fine. It is relatively pretty and relatively well kept physically. The layout is weird, but whatever I think complaining about walking is a little weirder and I have a bad foot. I really, really love Goliath and think it is maybe the most underrated coaster I have been on and their Batman clone absolutely flies through the track noticeably faster than any other of the clones I have experienced. Monstre is so bizarrely paced that I found it charming too and well the rest isn't great, but I don't think it is all that worse than a bunch of other parks I have been to.

Of course, and I am very sorry to whoever I am about to offend, but you do have to deal with the... locals... But I will just leave that as alone as I can other than acknowledging it. I will say it is downright funny to watch youtubers try to address the subject as they review the park, so there is that at least.

I think La Ronde was better off on its own, at least in the 80s when it used to be run and owned by the city of Montreal. The park bought great rides at that time. The Boomerang was the 2nd or third one built in the world. Le monstre was and still is gigantic and was getting a lot of attention back then. They had lots of new rides on a regular basis. And then the late 90s were not really kind to the park. SF came in and made some good investment on some new rides but in the last few years not so much. I think the park lacks major rides and better operations. And the park is beautiful but way too small for the city it serves.

Am the only one who thinks La Ronde gets dumped on a little too much? It has basically become a park meme with Six Flags America, but all three of my visits have been fine. It is relatively pretty and relatively well kept physically. The layout is weird, but whatever I think complaining about walking is a little weirder and I have a bad foot. I really, really love Goliath and think it is maybe the most underrated coaster I have been on and their Batman clone absolutely flies through the track noticeably faster than any other of the clones I have experienced. Monstre is so bizarrely paced that I found it charming too and well the rest isn't great, but I don't think it is all that worse than a bunch of other parks I have been to.

Of course, and I am very sorry to whoever I am about to offend, but you do have to deal with the... locals... But I will just leave that as alone as I can other than acknowledging it. I will say it is downright funny to watch youtubers try to address the subject as they review the park, so there is that at least.

I absolutely loved La Ronde, on my trip in 2019 where this park was grouped with Great Escape and Canada's Wonderland, I surprisingly had the best day at La Ronde. The park was not busy whatsoever, Monstre was open, there were fireworks, and the operations were not bad! I love their collection of coasters and flats, I LOVE Titan and Vertigo, and Goliath and Super Manege (rip ) were awesome coasters. I'm really bummed they didn't put Vipere ANYWHERE else in the park because there were other options on where to put it (i.e Cobra's old plot, empty show building next to Cobra's plot, old sky ride[?] station), but I'm sure Vipere will be a way to get more guests in.

I absolutely loved La Ronde, on my trip in 2019 where this park was grouped with Great Escape and Canada's Wonderland, I surprisingly had the best day at La Ronde.

*Does not compute*

Oh wait... you've been drinking the water at Darien Lake based on the username. Never drink the water at Darien Lake

I could see how crowds play a factor but never in a million years would I hear anyone say they enjoyed La Ronde over CW. Granted I haven't been there since Goliath opened, but not a whole lot has changed from what I can tell. I know operations were ridiculously horrible when we went, and Bill has told some wonderful stories of the place, so I'm glad you had some decency there.

Goliath's equivalent is Behemoth, and I will say I do love the B&M invert clones, but other than that, I just don't get that place other than the names of everything being fun to say

Hey, a park is a park... I guess.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Vonni said:

Where exactly is Vipere going? Did they remove a superior ride or something?

It will be installed where Super Manège used to sit, between Le Monstre and Chaos (Larson Loop).  I posted a pic of what the construction site looks like a few months ago.

As for "Are they removing a superior ride", I guess that's a matter of opinion 😆.  Personally, I wasn't fond of Super Manège, I did not ride Green Lantern at SFMM but I'm aware of its reputation...  I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until I get to see it for myself.  Hopefully they fix it and it runs like the Zacspins in Europe.

green-lantern-site.thumb.jpg.b9830435d7d02930576e7bd267223910.jpg

IMG_20200808_165445.jpg

^I think the main complaint is that they removed another coaster when there was already space available elsewhere to build it (Cobra's old spot, near the Batman clone if you're not familiar with the park).  Imo this location is a good move because Super Manège was a rough, dated ride, it looked horrible in its last few years and it sat in a very busy part of the park, whereas Cobra's old location is tucked away in a corner where nobody went.  So they get to fix an area of the park prime and center that really needed some TLC in the process.

^Yes, I believe they also received all of the track, supports and cars, and they already started to repaint the track.  At this point they might as well finish the project when they'll have the funds, instead of leaving an unfinished concrete slab over there. 😆

One of the problems with La Ronde is that the park is too small/not enough rides for the size of the city and suburbs.  Other parks around are far.  And now they've  removed 2 major attractions so it can't be good!