TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

I'm actually quite excited for this, mainly to see if they can get this right. I mean I never thought that it was that bad at Magic Mountain, just dull. I never got any flips and I always managed to just be tilted on my back the entire time. I actually do think the coaster fits in well with the La Ronde lineup and it's nice to see something new there. Plus Super Manage just looked hideous.

• 3 months later...
Any news on Vipère? Any vertical construction or anything? (Please lord don't let anybody say something like "it's Six Flags, vertical construction won't start until April.")

I haven't seen it for myself, but my brother crossed Jacques-Cartier Bridge recently and told me that they started digging a big ditch for the foundations of the ride. I'll try to get some pictures eventually but it'll have to wait a bit as the sidewalk on the bridge is closed during the winter, and it's pretty much the only good spot from which we can get pictures of the construction outside of the park itself (and anything interesting will probably be covered in snow anyway).

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty sure I am the only person in the world who actually liked Green Lantern and thought it was one of the most insane, crazy, holy-sh*t-what-just-happened coasters ever built. Yes, painful, but I'd take it over some boring, predictable coaster any day. I'm actually a little sad it's gone.

But then again, most people who hate it rode it only once or twice. I rode it probably 15-20 times over its 6 years of operations at SFMM and had a healthy mix of good, bad, and OK rides on it. Not gonna lie, I'll miss the darn thing.

• 1 month later...
As someone who is not familiar with the park, is this going on the site that used be be where Super Manege was? (Apologies if I spelled that wrong)

That is correct, Vipere will be built on the former site of Super Manege.

• 4 months later...

I got to go to La Ronde yesterday for the first time this year (and it will probably be the only park I will visit this year considering the Canada/USA border is closed indefinitely), so here's a small update for the park, although if you follow Screamscape, very little of this will be new to you

The COVID measures are the same as in other Six Flags parks and very similar to other non-six flags parks as well, so there isn't much to discuss on that matter. Many rides are closed this year due to COVID related reasons: Minirail, Spirale, Aqua Twist, Catapulte, Dragon, Bateau Pirate, Monstre and two kiddie rides. If Screamscape is to be believed, Spirale might never reopen, which honestly wouldn't surprise me at all as it's been more closed than open in the recent years, I don't think it even operated at all in 2019.

Vipère is postponed to 2021 and its construction hasn't continued since the last pictures I posted here in March.

IMG_20200808_165432.thumb.jpg.7480cdfdc7cf5e77effab26827cd671a.jpg

IMG_20200808_165445.thumb.jpg.ea4a8021b6dac6dcff1c0cd21fd2cd0a.jpg

They also started to repaint the track pieces in lime green and they look fantastic. They are in a restricted area so I don't have any pictures of them, but there are a few on Screamscape. So if the coaster's issues aren't fixed and it ends up sucking as much as it did at SFMM, at least it'll look a lot better than Super Manège .

It will be time for them to put in a major ride or good coaster!! I think Supermanege was better than the one they are building! But with Covid around nowadays I think guests will have to wait a VERY LONG time before any major investment is brought into the park.

Super Manege was such a surprise to me, that first small hill after the drop was ejector! Surprisingly smooth too, it's sad they chose the spot for Vipere to be there, I mean theres tons of other spots it could've gone in (ahem, Cobra).

Yes but they wanted to get rid of Supermanege. La Ronde is funny they dont bother trying to sell the rides to other say small parks. Nah. Instead they justs crap them. Cobra had the same fate a few years ago. I think itwas still very good for another park.

• 1 month later...

Green Lantern haters rejoice, looks like Vipère won't be opening in 2021

119144825_10157952183188742_2912834651852737401_n.thumb.jpg.3d4a6f8eb14703750c8a215c58840ca1.jpg

They only posted the message in french on their Facebook page, but it says (roughly, translation by me):

La Ronde delays Vipère's opening date, the first free-fly coaster in Canada, which was planned for 2021.

Because of COVID impacts, the construction of the ride was delayed. Taking into account the current situation, the ride will open at a future date.