TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

The park was completely mobbed today so I only got 1 ride in the back row of Goliath. I thought the ride was blast, just pure fun.

They had the stupid VR going on it but they were doing 1 train of VR and one train of non VR. I got to skip a decent portion of the line cause most were waiting for the VR.

Operations were still terrible and with the place being mobbed I had to leave after that. When we left the line getting into the place were insane.

If I was in the area again I would definitely go back to ride Goliath some more.

Just curious, did the line look something like this? That took me an hour and a half to get through in my one and only visit to the park

1266564969_LineEnteringPark1.thumb.JPG.b9a6ad57c0526ed06de3e25d97125fd8.JPG

This can't possibly be the line...

1078416986_LineEnteringPark10.thumb.JPG.8de623da00d95d1336c48062dc5fe1ca.JPG

And the line ends in a free-for-all for the 3 metal detectors that were open.

2009267565_LineEnteringPark2.thumb.JPG.495c950d2899c6ecaf02d06e04eec29d.JPG

Maybe these people haven't bought tickets yet...

1316995250_LineEnteringPark3.thumb.JPG.d95161c7c1eb2edeaed7314ab36c4183.JPG

Oh they all have tickets...

1050091330_LineEnteringPark6.thumb.JPG.c15b492ba375eea549c0a989058993b4.JPG

WTF and why is that switchback so long?

759200963_LineEnteringPark7.thumb.JPG.1627e71a4db2f2f6ce997fb32dde7419.JPG

There's really more coming (and not the Cedar Fair RMC tease)

298434688_LineEnteringPark8.thumb.JPG.959bbab7f99abd26949e77c257ee08c1.JPG

Oh Canada...

1385529245_LineEnteringPark9.thumb.JPG.267f0eb7774d9fbfa0545bb326683ddc.JPG

Enough with the switchbacks! I know I did this in Roller Coaster Tycoon, but this is cruel and unusual punishment.

• 1 month later...

NOOOOOOOO

From Screamscape:

Is La Ronde preparing to remove Cobra, the park's old Intamin Stand-Up coaster? Cobra was added to La Ronde in 1995, purchased from Skara Sommarland in Sweden where it was first ran from 1988 to 1994 and was built as a near-clone to Intamin's first stand-up coaster, Shockwave that opened at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1986. Currently Cobra has now been removed entirely from the list of rides on the La Ronde website, and is only seen on their park map, which is still listed as the 2016 edition. It is possible it could be time to retire the old ride, and a conversion to Floorless isn't likely as this is isn't a B&M product.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/la_ronde.htm

NOOOOOOOO

From Screamscape:

Is La Ronde preparing to remove Cobra, the park's old Intamin Stand-Up coaster? Cobra was added to La Ronde in 1995, purchased from Skara Sommarland in Sweden where it was first ran from 1988 to 1994 and was built as a near-clone to Intamin's first stand-up coaster, Shockwave that opened at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1986. Currently Cobra has now been removed entirely from the list of rides on the La Ronde website, and is only seen on their park map, which is still listed as the 2016 edition. It is possible it could be time to retire the old ride, and a conversion to Floorless isn't likely as this is isn't a B&M product.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/la_ronde.htm

If it happens, I'm calling a Tony Hawk Big Spin to go in for one year, before it's also quietly removed & replaced by the park's second Boomerang in 2019.

I know it hasn't officially been confirmed, but is there any chance of Le Cobra being relocated? I mean, I'm sure La Ronde is near the bottom of Six Flags list, but maybe Six Flags Mexico or The Great Escape could acquire it.

Of course I wouldn't be upset if it showed up at Six Flags Great America. (I can dream, right?)

Did Cobra run at all towards the end of the 2016 season? During my only visit on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, Cobra was closed all day with no one working on it and that's not a weekend you'd typically want a coaster down.

I'm bummed I missed out on Cobra since I've never tried an Intamin stand-up but by all accounts it doesn't sound like a great ride and the park can use this plot for something new.

I'm not sure if the location is already known or not, but someone on the La Ronde forum pointed out that this could be the location of Titan

This would be rather surprising, because removing it during the canadian winter wouldn't be an easy task, plus they would also need enough time afterward to install the new ride for the start of the season; I believe Titan has higher chances of being installed on the former Go-Kart spot next to Vampire's entrance.

Well I don't know about Labor Day weekend, but the people on this board seem to mention that it was closed alot during 2016, also it was removed from their site in June it looks like

http://xtremelaronde.forumactif.com/t812p25-avenir-du-cobra

Being removed from the website probably wasn't a coincidence if it was indeed down that often. Well while I missed that stand-up, it looks like I saved myself from a headache.