TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Nah, I'll write my own PTR Saturday when I come back from the park ! ...

The photo part of it will be a couple of days after because I don't have any good digital camera, so I'm going to buy a cheap camera at the drug store to take some pics.

Okay i got to page 8 and got REALLY bored so sorry if this has been mentioned but WHY IS THERE NO PRE DROP?!

It hasn't been discussed, but maybe there is no pre drop because there isn't much stress on the chainlift...

I don't know, just guessing !

Well, let me make the first review

This morning, I got up at 8 and I checked the weather outside, and guess what it was ...POURING RAIN !!!!! So I was a bit confused about wheter or not to go, but I went anyway ! I arrived at La Ronde at around 11:30 and the park was really empty but all the rides were running even with the pouring rain ! I saw a Goliath train from the entrance, so I rushed to Goliath to realise the best thing ever..... NO LINE and WALK-ON ON GOLIATH !!!!! Yes, you read right, WALK-ON on Goliath ! They were running 2 trains on top of that ! So I got in line (or whatever you might want to call it) and headed for the last row and seated on the right seat. The ride op really pushed my lapbar too much so I couldn't have much airtime on my first ride, so at first it was "bleh". After my first ride, I went to ride again, this time in the first row ! The rain was starting to be more and more heavy. I sat in the left seat, they locked my lapbar but this time, I had it a bit loose. We climbed the lift hill and when the first drop came, I couldn't even see the bottom of it ! It's so steep at 70 degrees ! Arms up, ready to go ! First drop = airtime, 2nd drop = airtime, 3rd drop= airtime, and I think you get it . What a great ride ! Not as good as I thought it would be but it was surely an airtime machine. The trim was working because of the rain so the last hills were a bit slow, but it was good anyway.

I wish I could have taken pictures, but my camera decided to die today . I think I'll ask one for my birthday (May 22nd). If I get one, I'll be sure to post pics here ! The queue line has some sweet spots where you can have a nice view of the ride !

That's about it, if you have any questions, just ask !

• 11 months later...

Here's a link to the new flashpass system at La Ronde explained by the new director of the park, Marc Tremblay. It's in french but looks at the looks of the flaspass, red and yellow !

http://espace.canoe.ca/simonpierre/video/view/13132

He says that you can ride all day for 20$ with the flashpass.

Here's the press release for the new events in 2007:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2007/03/c4314.html

Galopant is the only new attractions and 3 new smoking areas ! They took out the Ovni (Huss flatride) for a new smoking area !

It is also interesting that you can pre-purchase flash passes this year on the web.

3 new smoking areas at La Ronde - two years ago when I was there it seemed like the queues at La Ronde were smoking areas.

The flash passes for Great America and La Ronde seem really cheap, ($20 for a regular single) compared to the parks that already had flash passes before this year, makes me wonder if there will be a very limited selection of rides available on flash pass at these parks, at least in the first year.

They took out the Ovni? DAMN! That was one of the rides I was looking forward to in a few weeks! Well, thanks for telling us about the new Flashpass system, I might actually beable to afford it! $20 (Canadian Dollars)? That's very cheap!

They took out the Ovni? DAMN! That was one of the rides I was looking forward to in a few weeks! Well, thanks for telling us about the new Flashpass system, I might actually beable to afford it! $20 (Canadian Dollars)? That's very cheap!

20$ canadian but with 15% sales tax... almost equals Us currency !

The flash passes for Great America and La Ronde seem really cheap, ($20 for a regular single) compared to the parks that already had flash passes before this year, makes me wonder if there will be a very limited selection of rides available on flash pass at these parks, at least in the first year.

I don't know which rides are using Flash Pass at La Ronde, but it is definitely not limited at SFGAm. SFGAm Flash Passes are valid at Raging Bull, Giant Drop, Logger's Run, Roaring Rapids, Vertical Velocity, Iron Wolf, Batman: The Ride, Superman: Ultimate Flight, Whizzer, and Deja Vu.

The main thing that is different about the red Flash Passes is reserving rides. With the old Flash Passes, you had to go to the entrance of a ride to reserve it. With the new Flash Passes, you can reserve any ride from anywhere in the park.

If I understand the system correctly, the new system makes everything connect through a wireless system removing the need to actually go to the ride to reserve your place in line. You just select the ride you want on your Q-bot from anywhere in the park, and vua-la!, you're place in the virtual queue is reserved. It removes the need to have those boxes to scan your Q-bot thus greatly reducing the cost of the ride and making it MUCH easier to add additional rides.

SFGam Shock Wave, thank for the list of qbot rides for Great America I couldn't find that on the website the last time I checked.

I wonder if Six Flags will implement this newer system at their other parks?

I have to admit it makes very easy to reserve the the popular rides you don't even have to walk to the ride, so it may increase qbot traffic at the more popular rides.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

more info here:

La Ronde will welcome The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live!

http://www.laronde.com/larondeen/mummy/index1.html

http://snipurl.com/64hhz

A new interactive experience, in 2009 only!

Inspired by the successful blockbuster film with the same name, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! is an approximately three hundred square meter walk-through in which visitors will encounter many characters in a novel and extraordinary atmosphere full of surprises, thrills and mystery. La Ronde will become the second theme park in the world to host this attraction.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! will be open to La Ronde visitors for a limited time—June 19 to September 7, 2009, only—before it heads for another theme park on its world tour. La Ronde recently reached an agreement to that effect with New York based Sudden Impact Entertainment Company (SIEC), a producer that works very closely with Universal Studios.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! was inaugurated a few weeks ago in Australia. It can accommodate between 500 and 700 people an hour. Sudden Impact!’s Chairman & CEO, Lynton V. Harris, who is described as the “Scare Master,” created the experience. He has transformed the haunted house concept to produce spectacular interactive experiences and attractions, including The Mummy live! and The Mummy Returns live! have toured all over the world.

In the film The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, the third instalment of the popular series, the action takes place in Asia. Brendan Fraser's character, Rick O’Connell, wins the battle with Emperor Han, this time with the help of Rick’s son, Alex. An irony of fate is that the film was partially shot in Montréal.

“The fact that La Ronde recently reached an agreement with SIEC and indirectly with Universal confirms that the park has become one of international calibre over the last few years,” its president, Marc Tremblay, points out. “The groundbreaking interactive experience of The Mummy is a huge addition to the increasingly amazing and diverse range of entertainment we provide,” he adds.

Be sure you don't miss The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, live! by getting your 2009 season pass, already on sale at www.laronde.com at the reduced price of $83 (individual). Family season passes, for four and six people, are also available. They are always an excellent gift idea as the holiday season approaches

so what do you think