TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

I was just saying, a lot of people seem to think it's a screwup. And that's practically impossible.

Didn't say I had answers

I suspect somebody will provide the answer someday though. Or at the very least, a small handful of rumors will crop up.

It could have been a mistake. When they were putting Tatsu together, you could see the workers pushing and pulling the steel supports with the cranes all the time. Some times the spine of the track would sit several inches away from the support when they were trying to seat it. The workers would rig a harness around the track or support and forcibly tweak it into place.

I'm just saying it could have been a gap that wasn't nessicarily meant to be there. Afterall, they do have the bolt holes with no bolts connecting the two spines.

I could be talking out my ass as well. I don't know. Just a guess.

I don't know, that video didn't really make me excited to go ride it.

It will be a fun ride. But it just doesn't look like anything too intense or exciting. Plus the layout is pretty dull.

And it didn't seem to go through that turnaround as fast as I hoped.

Here's hoping it speeds up as it warms up.

• 2 weeks later...

^Nice! I was on a school field trip this past weekend, and we went to Montreal on the last day we were up there (the rest were spent in Quebec). We passed over that bridge in that pic (dunno what it's called!) and I got 5-6 pics of La Ronde, mostly of Goliath. I got a full layout shot from the other side of where yours is

But yeah, Goliath doesn't look too impressive. IMO, it looks like a woodie made out of steel. But I still wanna ride it!!!

--Tyler

It looks so cute against that huge skyline! Little Goliath! Coochie, coochie, goo goo. Do you want sombody to ride you little Goliath! Awww! He has a little B&M roar! Are you gonna grow up to be a real hyper little Goliath? Little woogie, woogie Goliath.

I don't know, that video didn't really make me excited to go ride it.

It will be a fun ride. But it just doesn't look like anything too intense or exciting. Plus the layout is pretty dull.

And it didn't seem to go through that turnaround as fast as I hoped.

Here's hoping it speeds up as it warms up.

honestly I said the exact same thing about "good goliath" down at sfog because honestly it looks like a typical out and back coaster but man...that coaster kills all and while the layout may look tamed the coaster isnt!

Jarvis "hoping for another "good goliath" Morant!

I'm hoping this won't be a let down. It looks rather boring, but yet again, so did the layout of SFOG's Goliath. From the looks of it, the station and attention to detail is nice, but that has nothing to do with the coaster itself.

---Brent

Looks can be deceiving.

Last week, on my way to work, I got a chance to see the ride testing from the south shore, and in real, it seems to go faster than on the video and it looks like a whole bunch of airtime, really, I thikn it's going to be an exiting ride...

And the trains look better than the ones on SFOG's Goliath IMO... I don't know... They have the exact same design, but the turquoise and orange bump me for the trains...

Anyway, La Ronde's Goliath looks like a full-of-G-forces-ride, but more like a hell-of-an-airtime-ride... And because I stood there looking at it in the middle of the bus terminal, I missed my metro...