TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

NOOO, Im going to laronde again this year, seems like they are just trying to make the park seem better by making the vampire run backwards. Worst idea ever. who came up with it? At least you have the choice of going on Goliath with or without vr

^^I went Saturday, Vampire backward is up and running, so is Phoenix (the line is insane) and the VR headsets on Goliath. Unfortunately Gravitor is not open yet, there is a small sign saying it will open soon but they didn't write up a specific date so "eventually" is probably the best we can expect. I have no idea how the operations were on the new rides though, I only quickly toured the park an hour before the park closed.

And ^ Nickman I don't know if you followed any theme park news outside of Canada in recent years, but Vampire backwards isn't a new idea; Six Flags owns two sets of reverse wheel sets for B&M inverts that they sent to several parks which had a Batman: the Ride coaster since 2012, I believe.

Thanks! What's the VR setup on Goliath? Is there a VR and non-VR line? Do you just decide when you get to the station? I haven't ridden it so I'd like to ride it without the VR at first.

Then again I know you didn't get to ride so I'm not sure if you could tell just by walking by the queue.

Thanks! What's the VR setup on Goliath? Is there a VR and non-VR line? Do you just decide when you get to the station? I haven't ridden it so I'd like to ride it without the VR at first.

Then again I know you didn't get to ride so I'm not sure if you could tell just by walking by the queue.

I have not been to La Ronde personally but based on the other VR coasters in the chain I would assume you stand in the same line and just request to not use VR. I would definitely go there first thing because VR really slows down the boarding process and the ride capacity plummets.

My brother was at the park today and sent me the following picture of the station setup :

13262362_1117165704991902_23935656_o.thumb.jpg.9d4ceae55956f0334c78577d7ad6559f.jpg

Line for VR/non VR on Goliath

He tried the VR and told me it was a pretty damn cool ride experience .

So, I will be in Montreal in September for just a few short days. I was thinking of trying to sneak in a Sunday afternoon at the park and was curious for anyone who lives in the area - would I be better off trying to hit from like 2-7 in the park, or just go hit some of the other sights/sounds/touristy crap in Montreal?

It will be my first time there, and as much as I would love to visit La Ronde, I don't think I will make it in time to do a full day at the park. Please give me any insight as to what you think I should do! Also - I will be staying in downtown Montreal and will have a rental car. Thanks for any advice!

Would I be better off trying to hit from like 2-7 in the park, or just go hit some of the other sights/sounds/touristy crap in Montreal?

Even though you might need a Flash Pass, I think you would probably be fine in these hours if you really wish to visit La Ronde, as the park tended, in the last seasons, to have relatively light crowds in September. It might possibly be a bit better early in the day though, so perhaps going from opening to 2 or 3 would be a better idea.

It will be my first time there, and as much as I would love to visit La Ronde, I don't think I will make it in time to do a full day at the park. Please give me any insight as to what you think I should do! Also - I will be staying in downtown Montreal and will have a rental car. Thanks for any advice!

Trust me, although the park has improved in my opinion quite a lot in recent years, it is still not worthy of a full day outing for someone with limited time in the area. If you go early in the day instead of 2-7, I would suggest starting with either ends of the park (ideally Goliath, and ride Vampire early in the day too); you could perhaps even park your car in the rear parking if it's open, get to Goliath quickly and get a few rides before the line fills up. After that it will depend on which rides you would like to ride the most, but I would suggest trying out Le Dragon (close to Goliath, surprisingly fun coaster with low capacity) or Le Monstre next.

Other fun rides you might like are La Pitoune (log flume), Demon (Mondial Top-Spin), Gravitor (flying carpet, isn't open yet but SFSTL peoples say it was cool), Orbite (surprisingly powerful S&S tower).

Here are also a few rides you may totally afford to miss : Ednör (SLC), Cobra (Intamin Stand-up, very very rough), Super Manège (Vekoma Corskrew, not the worst but not the best neither), Boomerang (quite rough too).

Don't hesitate to ride the Minirail to go from one end of the park to the other, it might not be fast but it is for sure more pleasant than walking .

Would I be better off trying to hit from like 2-7 in the park, or just go hit some of the other sights/sounds/touristy crap in Montreal?

Even though you might need a Flash Pass, I think you would probably be fine in these hours if you really wish to visit La Ronde, as the park tended, in the last seasons, to have relatively light crowds in September. It might possibly be a bit better early in the day though, so perhaps going from opening to 2 or 3 would be a better idea.

Trust me, although the park has improved in my opinion quite a lot in recent years, it is still not worthy of a full day outing for someone with limited time in the area. If you go early in the day instead of 2-7, I would suggest starting with either ends of the park (ideally Goliath, and ride Vampire early in the day too); you could perhaps even park your car in the rear parking if it's open, get to Goliath quickly and get a few rides before the line fills up. After that it will depend on which rides you would like to ride the most, but I would suggest trying out Le Dragon (close to Goliath, surprisingly fun coaster with low capacity) or Le Monstre next.

Other fun rides you might like are La Pitoune (log flume), Demon (Mondial Top-Spin), Gravitor (flying carpet, isn't open yet but SFSTL peoples say it was cool), Orbite (surprisingly powerful S&S tower).

Here are also a few rides you may totally afford to miss : Ednör (SLC), Cobra (Intamin Stand-up, very very rough), Super Manège (Vekoma Corskrew, not the worst but not the best neither), Boomerang (quite rough too).

Don't hesitate to ride the Minirail to go from one end of the park to the other, it might not be fast but it is for sure more pleasant than walking .

I personally found Cobra to be ok myself.

Just came back from La Ronde today, here's what I can say:

-Gravitor still closed. Not sure when it'll be open.

-The line on Phoenix is still excessively long. I decided to skip the ride in favour of going on other rides.

-When you join the Goliath queue line, you'll start at the same spot, regardless of whether you want to use the VR or not. However, a bit further in the line, an employee will ask if you want to use the VR or not. The line for the VR appears to be an hour longer than the line for without it, so I opted out. What I don't get is that they didn't give the VR helmets to the people in the VR line; they got the VR helmets while boarding the train. This made the trains get dispatched significantly slower, so much that I waited approximately one and a half hours for a line that used to take 30-60 minutes.

-Vampire reversed makes the ride a little more intense. However, we now have 6 rows instead of 7, slightly slowing things down.

-The Maison Rouge haunted house is still there, but closed. Apparently, it will be re-opened in October (probably for Fright Fest).

Other than that, there isn't much I can say. The day was still enjoyable, as usual with any theme park.

• 3 months later...

Six Flags Announcement day is this Thursday, September 1st.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY ANNOUNCEMENT NEWS YOURSELF!!!

The admins of this site will create the announcement page for when the information is released. If you create an announcement post yourself, your post will be deleted and you will be given a 30 day ban from the forums.

When other members make the posts, it creates additional work for the admins as they have to come in and clean up those posts and re-do them ourselves. So please, I know a lot of you think it will make you look "cooler" to be the "first" to break the news, but to us admins, you'll just be creating an annoyance for us.

We will get all the news posted as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your understanding.

Speaking of announcements, I'm going with Larson Loop on this one. It's perfect for the park because it comes right out of the box with only one "train" and no ability to ever run another one and it only requires 1 ride op who will of course be 2 hours late to open the ride each day so operating costs should be pretty minimal.

Speaking of announcements, I'm going with Larson Loop on this one. It's perfect for the park because it comes right out of the box with only one "train" and no ability to ever run another one and it only requires 1 ride op who will of course be 2 hours late to open the ride each day so operating costs should be pretty minimal.

Pretty big chance that you're right.

I am still hoping for Monstre to get rmc'ed.

There's no evidence to support that it's happening this year (or at any point, it's pure speculation of course as you implied) but it seems like a great candidate for it. I hope you're right. I'd love an excuse to go back to Montreal. I hate La Ronde but I'd stop by for a ride on the new RMC and La Pitoune before eating and drinking everything in Montreal.

Did I break any rules by posting a link to the new ride? I just saw robbalvey's post. Apologies if I did.

You sure did! Congrats to being the first person we just gave a one month ban to! Way to pay attention!

I didn't quite understand why regular forum members can't leak information as we get it.

Gee, I dunno. Maybe if you bothered to READ what I posted instead of just ignorning it you would understand? That and it's not up to you to make the rules around here, but apparently it IS up to you to disrespect them.

When other members make the posts, it creates additional work for the admins as they have to come in and clean up those posts and re-do them ourselves. So please, I know a lot of you think it will make you look "cooler" to be the "first" to break the news, but to us admins, you'll just be creating an annoyance for us.

We will get all the news posted as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your understanding.

EDIT: and thanks to this person sending me a horrible scathing email full of insults about his one-month ban and for not respecting our rules, his ban is now permanent. If you think you can come on our forums and act like a self-entitled asshole, that's where you're wrong. We quite simply don't *NEED* people like you on our forums. The outcome would have been much different if he was "nice" or "apologetic", but nope, he took the opposite path and now he account has been forever banned.

Seriously, folks, the actual announcement will be made in a FEW HOURS. If you really are the type of person who is going to get totally bent out of shape over a ride announcement, you have SERIOUS ISSUES AND NEED HELP! (I'm not even joking!)

And you're not someone we want as part of our forums.

So to Enkil, Bu-Bye. Not like you were making amazing contributions to our forums anyway...

Edited by robbalvey