TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

It has been about six years since my visit, but I don't remember La Ronde as being run down, having rude employees or having a lot of difficulty ordering food or drinks due to language barrier. Has it really gotten that bad?

The thing that I remember about La Ronde was that their coaster and ride selections were simply not that great. Almost on par with what I would expect on a visit to say...Elitch Gardens.

The two positive things that stuck in my mind about our visit was that Goliath was a fun coaster and that I liked the location with the great view of downtown Montreal (which is a fantastic city, by the way).

Well yeah La Ronde started getting worse and worse until 2012. That's the year when it started getting better in my opinion.

Yeah La Ronde's coasters are about average imo, le Monstre is fun but rough, le Goliath is also very fun and snooth but did you ride le Vampire? Le Vampire is without any doubt the best coaster there. For some reason it's a lot more intense than the other Batman clones but that's probably because of the shorter 7 car trains on le Vampire as opposed to the 8 car trains on the Batman clones.

Yes, we rode Le Vampire but I didn't really notice much difference in intensity compared with the ones that I have ridden at SFGA or SFMM. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Batman inverts...I just didn't really recall this one being much different from the rest.

Really? That's weird. Your the first person that I heard actually say that lol

^ I admit that we only rode it once and I honestly don't remember in which seat or row that we rode in. I do remember that it was fun and very similar to the other Batman clones we have ridden.

Ah because I always find the back more intense than the front.

Edited by TPR Xtreme Fan

• 2 weeks later...

So I have another question apparently six flags wants to place a fireball type ride in every six flags park and i am kind of thinking la ronde will get that ride next year after this one coming up and do you think that would be a cool new ride for those you who dont know what the fireball is its a gaint loop that goes around a bunch of times.

So I have another question apparently six flags wants to place a fireball type ride in every six flags park and i am kind of thinking la ronde will get that ride next year after this one coming up and do you think that would be a cool new ride for those you who dont know what the fireball is its a gaint loop that goes around a bunch of times.

I think that would be a waste of time and money because La Ronde already has a Zamperla hammer ride which does the exact same thing as a Larson superloop ride.

Also, since 2011-2012 there has been a rumour going on between the employees that La Ronde will get a BIG new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary in 2017. A lot of people think it will be an RMC treatment on le Monstre since there has been clues that have lead coaster enthusiasts to get to that conclusion like when there was RMC employees taking pictures of the ride in July while they were retracking it with topper track.

Also, for le Vampire yeah sure I'm excited for that but I also think it's kinda cheap but next year's new additions are probably cheap to save some money for the big new coaster for 2017.

• 5 weeks later...
I heard Rush Street Flyer from Six Flags St Louis (my local park) is already off-site and sent to La Ronde. Anytime someone would post a photo of Rush Street F... My bad. GRAVIATOR at the park so we can see what it is up to. (Just curious about what modifications they make to it)

Yes it's been at La Ronde for a month now so I'm very anxious to see how it is now. I imagine they have done a bit of work on it now.

• 1 month later...

Six Flags Announces Virtual Reality Roller Coasters at 9 US Parks!

Six Flags is bringing ground-breaking experiences to nine parks:

- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas

- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia

- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain

- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis

- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape

- Goliath at La Ronde

- SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas

- SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England

- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America

Six Flags is bringing ground-breaking experiences to nine parks — North America's first Virtual Reality (VR) Roller Coasters, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus. Enjoy thrills like never before as some of our most popular coasters will be equipped to allow you to wear Samsung Gear VR headsets and feel the heart-pumping adrenaline of steep drops, inverted loops and powerful twists and turns as gyros, accelerometers and proximity sensors synchronize all of the action in an incredibly realistic 360-degree virtual reality world.

Whether you're soaring through Metropolis on our SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coasters or co-piloting a fighter jet on The New Revolution, this remarkable technology is a definite game-changer. The headsets allow guests 13 and older to enter a virtual world with high-resolution imagery and 360-degree views that synchronize to the action of the coaster in a totally new, one-of-a-kind experience.

Six Flags and Samsung Partner to Launch First Virtual Reality Roller Coasters in North America

Samsung is “Official Technology Partner” at Six Flags Theme Parks Nationwide

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, and New York City — March 3, 2016 — Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), and Samsung Electronics America, Inc., today announced a broad marketing partnership which appoints Samsung as the “Official Technology Partner” of the world’s largest regional theme park company. The partnership includes the debut of ground-breaking experiences coming to nine Six Flags parks—North America’s first Virtual Reality (VR) Roller Coasters, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus.

In partnership with Samsung, Six Flags is taking its signature brand of thrills to the next level and beyond in fully immersive, virtual riding experiences using Samsung Gear VR. Some of Six Flags’ most popular coasters will be equipped to allow riders wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets to feel the heart-pumping adrenaline of steep drops, inverted loops and powerful twists and turns as gyros, accelerometers and proximity sensors synchronize all of the action in an incredibly realistic 360-degree virtual reality world.

“This remarkable technology is a definite game-changer for theme park rides and represents everything our brand stands for—delivering the most thrilling and innovative rides and attractions in the world,” said John Duffey, Six Flags President and CEO. “With the addition of these virtual reality coasters, Six Flags will be introducing more than double the number of new coasters and rides than we did in 2015, and more than any year in the last decade. Innovation is part of our DNA, and news in every park every year is driving higher guest satisfaction and building strong momentum for our company."

“What makes this partnership so compelling for consumers and the broader tech industry alike is that both companies are committed to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible - and bringing a VR coaster to life is certainly a new and thrilling proposition,” said Marc Mathieu, chief marketing officer at Samsung Electronics America. “Now, people can be immersed into a totally new universe while riding a roller coaster, powered by Samsung Gear VR virtual reality devices.

This transforms the modern roller coaster into a totally new, one of a kind sensorial experience - powered by technology. We are excited to work with the premier brand in theme parks to bring Samsung’s VR technology to nine Six Flags locations across the U.S.”

Samsung Gear VR – designed to accelerate virtual reality into the mainstream – provides an untethered, fully-immersive experience with 360-degree content for an extremely high quality mobile VR experience. Built to work with Samsung’s Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and Note5, the Gear VR headset utilizes each device’s super AMOLED display to provide the color, clarity and performance needed for an amazing virtual reality experience.

About the VR Roller Coaster Experiences

Six Flags and Samsung will launch the new VR Roller Coasters beginning this month and into the summer, totaling nine coasters across the U.S. On the six New Revolution Virtual Reality Coasters, riders are transported to a futuristic battle to save planet earth from an alien invasion. Riders are the co-pilots in their own fighter jets as they strap in for air-to-air combat. Taking in the view around them, riders will see other aircraft in an underground secret bunker. As the aircraft moves to a landing pad, it begins to launch its thruster engines, lifting the craft straight up through the roof. During the ascent, riders can test fire their weapons using the world’s first-ever interactive gameplay technology on a roller coaster. As riders clear the roof, they realize they are on top of a skyscraper and about to launch off the edge of the building diving straight down on the first drop of the ride. The aircraft races through the city until reaching the edge of the skyline where riders see the mother ship hovering above. The mother ship is heavily protected by drones and the mission is to get past the drones, fire on the mother ship and destroy it. This elite fighter squadron experience will make its debut on the following six roller coasters:

 Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, opening March 10 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia outside of Atlanta, opening March 12 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, opening March 26 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka;

 Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape in Lake George, New York and

 Goliath at La Ronde in Montreal.

On Six Flags’ three new SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coasters, once riders take their seats and fasten the headsets, they will be fully immersed in the 360-degree comic-book world of Metropolis. Guests will be taken on a leisurely (or so they think) tour of the city of Metropolis, courtesy of Lex Corp Sky Tours. Just after departing the station riders encounter Lex Luthor who uses an anti-gravity gun along with his army of Lex Bots to create chaos throughout the city with cars, taxis and buses floating in mid-air around the rider’s vehicle. As the Lexbots continue shooting at the vehicle, SUPERMAN uses heat vison to destroy the anti-gravity gun, causing all objects to suddenly fall, including the train as it takes the first giant drop of the roller coaster. Riders then soar alongside SUPERMAN as he battles the evil Lexbots

through hairpin twists and turns, loops, dips and dives before ultimately defeating Lex and the Lexbots, and returning safely back into the station. This amazing adventure will debut on these Superman-branded coasters:

 SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio;

 SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts; and

 SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/virtualrealitycoasters and www.samsung.com/gearvr.

• 1 month later...

^Phoenix will be in the old Twister spot (near the pirate ship), and Gravitor will occupy the space actually occupied by the soccer game (also near Twister/Pirate Ship)

• 2 weeks later...
Six Flags Announces Virtual Reality Roller Coasters at 9 US Parks!

Six Flags is bringing ground-breaking experiences to nine parks:

- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas

- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia

- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain

- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis

- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape

- Goliath at La Ronde

- SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas

- SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England

- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America

Six Flags is bringing ground-breaking experiences to nine parks — North America's first Virtual Reality (VR) Roller Coasters, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus. Enjoy thrills like never before as some of our most popular coasters will be equipped to allow you to wear Samsung Gear VR headsets and feel the heart-pumping adrenaline of steep drops, inverted loops and powerful twists and turns as gyros, accelerometers and proximity sensors synchronize all of the action in an incredibly realistic 360-degree virtual reality world.

Whether you're soaring through Metropolis on our SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coasters or co-piloting a fighter jet on The New Revolution, this remarkable technology is a definite game-changer. The headsets allow guests 13 and older to enter a virtual world with high-resolution imagery and 360-degree views that synchronize to the action of the coaster in a totally new, one-of-a-kind experience.

Six Flags and Samsung Partner to Launch First Virtual Reality Roller Coasters in North America

Samsung is “Official Technology Partner” at Six Flags Theme Parks Nationwide

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, and New York City — March 3, 2016 — Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), and Samsung Electronics America, Inc., today announced a broad marketing partnership which appoints Samsung as the “Official Technology Partner” of the world’s largest regional theme park company. The partnership includes the debut of ground-breaking experiences coming to nine Six Flags parks—North America’s first Virtual Reality (VR) Roller Coasters, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus.

In partnership with Samsung, Six Flags is taking its signature brand of thrills to the next level and beyond in fully immersive, virtual riding experiences using Samsung Gear VR. Some of Six Flags’ most popular coasters will be equipped to allow riders wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets to feel the heart-pumping adrenaline of steep drops, inverted loops and powerful twists and turns as gyros, accelerometers and proximity sensors synchronize all of the action in an incredibly realistic 360-degree virtual reality world.

“This remarkable technology is a definite game-changer for theme park rides and represents everything our brand stands for—delivering the most thrilling and innovative rides and attractions in the world,” said John Duffey, Six Flags President and CEO. “With the addition of these virtual reality coasters, Six Flags will be introducing more than double the number of new coasters and rides than we did in 2015, and more than any year in the last decade. Innovation is part of our DNA, and news in every park every year is driving higher guest satisfaction and building strong momentum for our company."

“What makes this partnership so compelling for consumers and the broader tech industry alike is that both companies are committed to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible - and bringing a VR coaster to life is certainly a new and thrilling proposition,” said Marc Mathieu, chief marketing officer at Samsung Electronics America. “Now, people can be immersed into a totally new universe while riding a roller coaster, powered by Samsung Gear VR virtual reality devices.

This transforms the modern roller coaster into a totally new, one of a kind sensorial experience - powered by technology. We are excited to work with the premier brand in theme parks to bring Samsung’s VR technology to nine Six Flags locations across the U.S.”

Samsung Gear VR – designed to accelerate virtual reality into the mainstream – provides an untethered, fully-immersive experience with 360-degree content for an extremely high quality mobile VR experience. Built to work with Samsung’s Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and Note5, the Gear VR headset utilizes each device’s super AMOLED display to provide the color, clarity and performance needed for an amazing virtual reality experience.

About the VR Roller Coaster Experiences

Six Flags and Samsung will launch the new VR Roller Coasters beginning this month and into the summer, totaling nine coasters across the U.S. On the six New Revolution Virtual Reality Coasters, riders are transported to a futuristic battle to save planet earth from an alien invasion. Riders are the co-pilots in their own fighter jets as they strap in for air-to-air combat. Taking in the view around them, riders will see other aircraft in an underground secret bunker. As the aircraft moves to a landing pad, it begins to launch its thruster engines, lifting the craft straight up through the roof. During the ascent, riders can test fire their weapons using the world’s first-ever interactive gameplay technology on a roller coaster. As riders clear the roof, they realize they are on top of a skyscraper and about to launch off the edge of the building diving straight down on the first drop of the ride. The aircraft races through the city until reaching the edge of the skyline where riders see the mother ship hovering above. The mother ship is heavily protected by drones and the mission is to get past the drones, fire on the mother ship and destroy it. This elite fighter squadron experience will make its debut on the following six roller coasters:

 Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, opening March 10 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia outside of Atlanta, opening March 12 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, opening March 26 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;

 Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka;

 Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape in Lake George, New York and

 Goliath at La Ronde in Montreal.

On Six Flags’ three new SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coasters, once riders take their seats and fasten the headsets, they will be fully immersed in the 360-degree comic-book world of Metropolis. Guests will be taken on a leisurely (or so they think) tour of the city of Metropolis, courtesy of Lex Corp Sky Tours. Just after departing the station riders encounter Lex Luthor who uses an anti-gravity gun along with his army of Lex Bots to create chaos throughout the city with cars, taxis and buses floating in mid-air around the rider’s vehicle. As the Lexbots continue shooting at the vehicle, SUPERMAN uses heat vison to destroy the anti-gravity gun, causing all objects to suddenly fall, including the train as it takes the first giant drop of the roller coaster. Riders then soar alongside SUPERMAN as he battles the evil Lexbots

through hairpin twists and turns, loops, dips and dives before ultimately defeating Lex and the Lexbots, and returning safely back into the station. This amazing adventure will debut on these Superman-branded coasters:

 SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio;

 SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts; and

 SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/virtualrealitycoasters and http://www.samsung.com/gearvr.

Don't tell me that there's gonna be vr on for the whole season.