TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Coaster force on youtube HAS SEEN THE SIGN AS WELL..

RMC Monstre?

He didn't see it. In one of his post a guy replied to my comment saying that le Monstre wouldn't get the RMC treatment in 2016 and that guy said "You do realize there is a sign in front of le Monstre saying this beast is about to get meaner." That guy probably read that here in this thread so Taylor (Coaster Studios) probably read the comment that, that guy posted on my comment.

RMC Monstre?

No. That is a fanboy/speculation video (nothing wrong with speculation, just saying) and is not confirmed. The locations of the 2016 RMC coasters are already known, and La Ronde is not one of them. Videos such as the one you linked are complete speculation--he used to be a poster on these forums months ago.

BTW, I have seen the sign.. They have moved it to the car maintenance building but riding the carriage thing that goes around the park, you can see it.

Alan Schilke said , one new coaster in Europe, in Kentucky and one rollercoaster in Six Flags is getting the Iron Horse treatment and then gave this hint: "We put topper track on it not too long ago".

They put topper track on Le Monstre 2 weeks ago, this sign and that basically give it away.

I haven't read that quote, although it is now outdated. The coaster in Europe (Wildfire) has been pushed back to at least 2017. A recent RMC job listing stated the projects are in Kentucky, Tennessee, and California. The SF project is Roar at Discovery Kingdom.

It makes no sense to I-box a coaster if it was retracked two weeks ago.

Alan said Roar is not getting RMC'd due to budget issues..

La Ronde documents were leaked showing that the design was drawn and finalized and they're waiting for budget approval.

Also: Le Monstre just turned 30 and the track was broken in the section they fixed. Only time will tell.

Do you have any source? I haven't heard anything even remotely like this. Why would Schilke comment on SF's financial state? We on these forums would know if documents were leaked.

No disrespect at all, but I'm calling BS on this.

(I'm trying to find those myself, actually. I'm only posting speculations from others) La Ronde is supposed to have a Media Release sometime in July so hopefully something cool is revealed.

Monstre is NOT getting RMC next year, get over it. I'll send you $1000 canadian dollars if it does, that's how certain I am.

RMC Monstre?

No. That is a fanboy/speculation video (nothing wrong with speculation, just saying) and is not confirmed. The locations of the 2016 RMC coasters are already known, and La Ronde is not one of them. Videos such as the one you linked are complete speculation--he used to be a poster on these forums months ago.

BTW, I have seen the sign.. They have moved it to the car maintenance building but riding the carriage thing that goes around the park, you can see it.

Alan Schilke said , one new coaster in Europe, in Kentucky and one rollercoaster in Six Flags is getting the Iron Horse treatment and then gave this hint: "We put topper track on it not too long ago".

They put topper track on Le Monstre 2 weeks ago, this sign and that basically give it away.

I haven't read that quote, although it is now outdated. The coaster in Europe (Wildfire) has been pushed back to at least 2017. A recent RMC job listing stated the projects are in Kentucky, Tennessee, and California. The SF project is Roar at Discovery Kingdom.

It makes no sense to I-box a coaster if it was retracked two weeks ago.

Alan said Roar is not getting RMC'd due to budget issues..

La Ronde documents were leaked showing that the design was drawn and finalized and they're waiting for budget approval.

Also: Le Monstre just turned 30 and the track was broken in the section they fixed. Only time will tell.

Do you have any source? I haven't heard anything even remotely like this. Why would Schilke comment on SF's financial state? We on these forums would know if documents were leaked.

No disrespect at all, but I'm calling BS on this.

(I'm trying to find those myself, actually. I'm only posting speculations from others) La Ronde is supposed to have a Media Release sometime in July so hopefully something cool is revealed.

How about you stop posting speculations as facts then?

You are advancing a whole lot of crap without any source and it makes you look pretty bad.

NOT SPECULATION:

THE TREES HAVE "DISAPPEARED" BEHIND THE OLD NINTENDO THINGAMAJIGGY. I've located this image online (seems like a really cool plan and could bring life to the park).

Ideas?

You want an idea? Picture or it did not happen.

With your super batting average so far, nobody should believe a word you say.

LaRondeQC, I think you should stop spreading BS rumors on this forum. So far, NOTHING you said has been confirmed. It is only speculation at this point. Oh, and please, stop writing in caps. La Ronde will most likely get a new flat for 2016 and get a new roller coaster of some sort in 2017.

La Ronde is my homepark. I go there all the time, especially for the fireworks competition. I'm going there tonight, so I can take pictures of any location you would like to prove or disprove LaRondeQC's claims.

Personally, I wouldn't put my hopes too high on La Ronde. I kinda doubt they will remove the unridable mess Cobra to install a new coaster. Six Flags has done a lot for the park over the past decade, but I don't think they would want to invest a lot. From I know, Goliath didn't do much to increase the park's attendance. If we get anything, it would likely be a lousy coaster like Ednor. I'd love to see the Monster get a RMC treatment for the 50th anniversary. The last time I rode it, it felt too rough.

BTW, does anyone know if Maison Rouge is actually a permanent "ride"? Great attraction, but it just doesn't look like permanent attraction with the way they've built it.

Fine.

My honest opinion is, Six Flags should shutdown La Ronde and open a new park in a different province, Quebec doesn't deserve a theme park, especially a neglected one. They haven't had a new coaster for five years, they have no space.. Who thinks that Six Flags is gonna spend money on La Ronde when they can spend money on other parks or opening new parks.. Just an opinion. (Same opinion as many)

Fine.

My honest opinion is, Six Flags should shutdown La Ronde and open a new park in a different province, Quebec doesn't deserve a theme park, especially a neglected one. They haven't had a new coaster for five years, they have no space.. Who thinks that Six Flags is gonna spend money on La Ronde when they can spend money on other parks or opening new parks.. Just an opinion. (Same opinion as many)

La Ronde isn't the greatest park and was built as part of Expo 67, but it is a profitable one. No need to shut it down.

Cobra was open yesterday with no line up, even though the park was packed. I scanned the whole park and didn't see any cut trees or anything unusual. It wasn't worth going on Cobra and banging my heard just to have a better view because I know there's nothing.

No one really cares about Cobra and I see it as a coaster that is just there for "decoration," but I don't find La Ronde ambitious enough to remove it and install a decent coaster. I really hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Enkil

I think a Huss Enterprise 2G would be a great addition to the park. It could go in an empty spot next to Demon which is in desperate need of attention. [attachment=0]enterprise_laronde.PNG[/attachment]

I saw that spot when I was walking to see the fireworks, maybe it's there for a reason? There's usually a gate blocking that path when there is no fireworks but they can open it. They should take out that useless "Moo-Zoo" stand that's right beside that spot and possibly add a bigger flat ride.

My opinion: LaRonde should remove the Cobra, and all closed things surrounding it, expand the land (is possible apparently) and add a waterpark, could increase attendance (good thing (more money for La Ronde which means more money to invest on the park), bad thing (bigger lines, possibly higher restaurant prices, they're high enough aren't they?!?)).

ALSO:

What is this space here? Have they ever actually used this? It seems to be hidden for some reason..

^^Look at the back of the park on this picture. Do you recognize anything?

9_aqua10.jpg.3228576fe5065d66982cf2c85732d129.jpg

(Source : http://xtremelaronde.forumactif.com/t768-parc-aquatique-de-la-ronde)

La Ronde had one in the 90's, and there's a good reason why it's now gone. Having a waterpark at La Ronde wouldn't be profitable because there's several others not too far away, like Super Aqua Club, Bromont, Mont Saint-Sauveur, and both Granby Zoo and Parc Safari have one (rather small, but they got one).

^^Look at the back of the park on this picture. Do you recognize anything?

[attachment=0]9_aqua10.jpg[/attachment]

(Source : http://xtremelaronde.forumactif.com/t768-parc-aquatique-de-la-ronde)

La Ronde had one in the 90's, and there's a good reason why it's now gone.

The park looks different in that pic, of course it would because it's from the 90's but the land looks smaller.. It looks like it was expanded manually (fireworks), goliath. They complain that they have no space for rides, they have places that are just empty and ride-worthy but they never use them.. Makes no sense. :/

^It wasn't, they just covered the big field of grass around the waterpark area with concrete and added/relocated rides there.

Oh. What I just realized by looking @ google earth, they could remove the GoKart track (nobody ever pays to do GoKarts anyway), the land there seems to be big enough for a ride of a reasonable size (Size of the Vampire or bigger)..

IMHO, from what I can see, the water park in that pic looks better than 90% of all the water parks I've visited in that area, with Calypso being the only exception .

Others I've been to/heard of in the area were pretty sketchy, and I've heard some pretty aweful horror stories about some of the park's mentioned in the post with the pic.

Too bad the one at la ronde didn't work out.

As for what I think's gonna happen at La Ronde, I could see a flat and/or coaster in the next few years. Would be really cool to see the old Condor get replaced (has never been working when I've been at the park) with the new one Huss is offering, and monster get RMCed, but really not sure how likely any of those two things are in the next coming seasons.

La Ronde is my homepark. I go there all the time, especially for the fireworks competition. I'm going there tonight, so I can take pictures of any location you would like to prove or disprove LaRondeQC's claims.

Personally, I wouldn't put my hopes too high on La Ronde. I kinda doubt they will remove the unridable mess Cobra to install a new coaster. Six Flags has done a lot for the park over the past decade, but I don't think they would want to invest a lot. From I know, Goliath didn't do much to increase the park's attendance. If we get anything, it would likely be a lousy coaster like Ednor. I'd love to see the Monster get a RMC treatment for the 50th anniversary. The last time I rode it, it felt too rough.

BTW, does anyone know if Maison Rouge is actually a permanent "ride"? Great attraction, but it just doesn't look like permanent attraction with the way they've built it.

Well there has been rumors going on between he employs for a couple of years now that le Cobra is getting demolished for something BIG there and they think it's a coaster. Also la Maison rouge is not a permanent ride. It was built with the same exact structure of the building where the restaurants between la spirale and le Goliath where.

IMHO, from what I can see, the water park in that pic looks better than 90% of all the water parks I've visited in that area, with Calypso being the only exception .

Others I've been to/heard of in the area were pretty sketchy, and I've heard some pretty aweful horror stories about some of the park's mentioned in the post with the pic.

As for what I think's gonna happen at La Ronde, I could see a flat and/or coaster in the next few years. Would be really cool to see the old Condor get replaced (has never been working when I've been at the park) with the new one Huss is offering, and monster get RMCed, but really not sure how likely any of those two things are in the next coming seasons.

Every time I've been to La Ronde it has been working and I don't think it should be removed because this Condor is known for being fast. People at Great Escape are even jealous of our Condor because it goes faster and besides they have plenty of space like the old Twister's space, le Mont-blancs's ols space, le moulin de la sorcière and right next to the old cue for the old Bob l'éponge 3D ride.

Every time I've been to La Ronde it has been working and I don't think it should be removed because this Condor is known for being fast. People at Great Escape are even jealous of our Condor because it goes faster and besides they have plenty of space like the old Twister's space, le Mont-blancs's ols space, le moulin de la sorcière and right next to the old cue for the old Bob l'éponge 3D ride.

Condor isn't likely to be removed. They replaced the light bulbs of the gondolas a few years ago, but they didn't bother replacing all the other bulbs on the structure (maybe around 1/4 of them don't work).

Interesting that Maison Rouge isn't a permanent ride, which is what I suspected. It sounds like they wanted an attraction like the Mummy in 2009. So the way I see it, La Ronde didn't really get a ride in 2015. They shouldn't have removed restaurants.

BTW, I remember back in 2008 or 2009, the president of La Ronde, Marc Tremblay, said in an interview that there would be two big rides at La Ronde in the future. One of them would be a major one. I'm assuming one of them was Ednor, but I don't think we got the major one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Is LaRonde open right now?

I'm asking this due to the weather warnings & clouds atm..

A bit late perhaps, but I went and it was open indeed, although almost every ride closed down as a precaution for the upcoming thunderstorm later in the day (I'm not sure, but I'd say around 17:00... I don't have a cell phone or a watch so when I'm at a park I have no way to monitor time ) So yeah, hopefully this answers your question.