TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Rumours aside, does anybody have a picture of the poster that was spotted in the first place?

I have yet to get a picture, I was there today but the poster has been moved/removed.

Also:

Le Cobra is officially CLOSED for the season, some supports have been removed and there is no longer any track in the station.

ALSO:

I was walking near "Le Spirale" today and I noticed some people in black shirts walking in the restricted area of the Monstre's wood, one of the people turned around and his shirt said RMC on it in white bold text. They were taking pictures of the wood and I walked behind one of them when they were leaving and I saw writing in French and I got to read SOME of it and it was measurements of "Steel Ledgers for iBox" and they had a LOT of measurements.

ALSO:

The side built in 1985 has been closed for 1 week and there have been reports of RMC workers walking on the closed side of the track, note: one side of the track is still functional. They are only walking on the non-functional side.

I was walking near "Le Spirale" today and I noticed some people in black shirts walking in the restricted area of the Monstre's wood, one of the people turned around and his shirt said RMC on it in white bold text. They were taking pictures of the wood and I walked behind one of them when they were leaving and I saw writing in French and I got to read SOME of it and it was measurements of "Steel Ledgers for iBox" and they had a LOT of measurements.

Do you have any pictures of this?

If not, I call "merde de taureau"

Edited by larrygator

So we're supposed to trust a guy whose only two posts on this forum have been about things he saw but never thought to get a picture of? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

I'll go to La Ronde tomorrow so I'll see if most of this is true. But also le Cobra hasn't opened this season and last week one of the sides of le Monstre was closed.

Also:

Le Cobra is officially CLOSED for the season, some supports have been removed and there is no longer any track in the station

Wtf, i went to La Ronde today and they were working on Le Cobra and one train was on the track... i don't think this is true at all.

Also:

Le Cobra is officially CLOSED for the season, some supports have been removed and there is no longer any track in the station

Wtf, i went to La Ronde today and they were working on Le Cobra and one train was on the track... i don't think this is true at all.

INCORRECT, I was there all day today and there was NOBODY working on Le Cobra. I asked a Six Flags Employee (Wearing a Six Flags Uniform, Not a LaRonde uniform) and he said Le Cobra is closed for the season and nobody knows why other than the people who need to,

What you're saying is, I'm supposed to take pictures of private documents in a RMC workers hands that I could possibly get in trouble for? I'll pass.

What you're saying is, I'm supposed to take pictures of private documents in a RMC workers hands that I could possibly get in trouble for? I'll pass.

No, I'm saying your story is very difficult to believe. You said you would take pictures of a sign that no longer exists and then you feed us another unverifiable event. Put yourself in the shoes of everyone reading what you are writing. Do you sound credible?

Also:

INCORRECT, I was there all day today and there was NOBODY working on Le Cobra. I asked a Six Flags Employee (Wearing a Six Flags Uniform, Not a LaRonde uniform) and he said Le Cobra is closed for the season and nobody knows why other than the people who need to,

There were 3 guy working on le Cobra today, i saw them while waiting in the Vampire line -_- and there was a train on the track, i know what i saw and apparently it was closed because they were waiting for a piece. Anyway you will see soon enough that you're wrong because it will reopen soon.

Edited by LRFan

^ The same story had happened at Cyclone last spring and nobody believed the kid. Now look where we are.

Six Flags is only doing one RMC next year, I could see them doing it here. I'd rather see the Boss go but this if fine too.

And I hope it happens at LaRonde, but the circumstances are suspicious. Especially now that we have two newbies arguing about something else at the park (Cobra).

I also just went back through the SFNE and could not find where this happened in the SFNE thread year. I checked from April 2014 to June 24th. I saw speculation posts after marking were found, but saw no posts where someone claimed to see RMC personnel or documents/parts prior to the announcement that Cyclone was closing. If you remember more specifically when it happened let me know, I'm curious.

Edited by larrygator

In 2013 it was reported that RMC was checking out American Eagle at SFGAm. I box rumors started going around, but Goliath was built instead. I was suspicious then and I am now. With that said, I could see Monstre getting the i box treatment in the future. A Twisted Colossus type of transformation would be cool.

^ The same story had happened at Cyclone last spring and nobody believed the kid. Now look where we are.

Six Flags is only doing one RMC next year, I could see them doing it here. I'd rather see the Boss go but this if fine too.

where did you hear that there will be only one RMC to six flags have next?

where did you hear that there will be only one RMC to six flags have next?

That's weird because I heard that Twisted twins and Roar at six flags discovery kingdom might get it next year.

Rumours aside, does anybody have a picture of the poster that was spotted in the first place?

I have yet to get a picture, I was there today but the poster has been moved/removed.

Also:

Le Cobra is officially CLOSED for the season, some supports have been removed and there is no longer any track in the station.

ALSO:

ALSO:

The side built in 1985 has been closed for 1 week and there have been reports of RMC workers walking on the closed side of the track, note: one side of the track is still functional. They are only walking on the non-functional side.

The reason why le Monstre track 2 is closed is because RMC is retracking it with topper track like how they did in 2012.

Hold on. On story at a time.

First, what really is going on with le Corba? Is the last Intamin standup leaving? Any signs of a relocation? Or is it just some maintianence.

Lets knock this rumor down first, because it'll set a timeframe (for the park's 50th).

If this is false, then could this year be Le Monstre RMC (?)

First, what really is going on with le Corba? Is the last Intamin standup leaving? Any signs of a relocation? Or is it just some maintianence.

Lets knock this rumor down first, because it'll set a timeframe (for the park's 50th).

Right now they're waiting for a piece to fix something with le Cobra and it will reopen before June 24th. Also there's some rumors that started one or two years ago between the employees that le Cobra is going to be demolished to build a new coaster for 2017. There hasn't been any rumors of le Monstre getting the I-Box track in 2017 and the reason why the track #2 is closed is because they're retracking parts of the track with topper track also in 2013 they baught new PTC trains for the ride and they retracked it with topper track in 2012 or 2013 so they already spent a lot of money on that ride recently and if they do build an RMC coaster at La Ronde it'll more likely be where le Cobra is because that section of the park looks pretty abandoned, they haven't repainted ke Cobra since 2002, in 2008 they took out the Spongebob squarepants 3D ride and they closed that movie theatre last year also, in 2011 they took out la Tornade wich made that area look much more abandoned than before.

Right now they're waiting for a piece to fix something with le Cobra and it will reopen before June 24th. Also there's some rumors that started one or two years ago between the employees that le Cobra is going to be demolished to build a new coaster for 2017. There hasn't been any rumors of le Monstre getting the I-Box track in 2017 and the reason why the track #2 is closed is because they're retracking parts of the track with topper track also in 2013 they baught new PTC trains for the ride and they retracked it with topper track in 2012 or 2013 so they already spent a lot of money on that ride recently and if they do build an RMC coaster at La Ronde it'll more likely be where le Cobra is because that section of the park looks pretty abandoned, they haven't repainted ke Cobra since 2002, in 2008 they took out the Spongebob squarepants 3D ride and they closed that movie theatre last year also, in 2011 they took out la Tornade wich made that area look much more abandoned than before.

Holy run-on sentence

Le Cobra being demolished for a RMC would seriously be one of the greatest upgrades in history. I 100% approve if that's the situation.

Yeah but we don't know if it's going to be an RMC because it could also be a Premier rides launch coaster because six flags has been working a lot with those two companies but I would prefer to see an RMC there.