TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Never been to La Ronde, nor do I plan on going anytime soon, but based on all I hear about this park, they should work on improvents in operations and customer service before they consider adding a new coaster. When I hear about LaRonde having rude employees, one-train operations, and 5+ minute dispatch intervals on busy summer days, it obviously means that the management doesn't care about the guest experience. Not sure how they'll improve their service, but they need to improve somehow. Besides, they have a decent ride lineup that should hold them over for now.

Last year employees where less rude than a few years ago. But the operations are really slow even the skyscreamer of the park has a cueing line of like an hour.

^ ^As someone who visits quebec fairly often, & has been to la ronde a fair number of times over the last few years, I think the main problem is the fact that nearly all the employees there speak broken English. How are you supposed to deliver good customer service at a park with a bilingual group of guests if you can only speak just one language? Worse still, I'm not sure how they'll fix this problem. Everyone working customer service at that park seems to be high school/college students looking for some quick cash from a summer job, so you can't really expect all of them to be perfectly bilingual.

Anyway, bad service aside, really hoping by the time you visit it'll be LR's term to get an RMC. I could see them doing some pretty crazy "twisted colossus-esque" stuff with Le Monstre. I heard some rumors a few posts back about Super Manage and Cobra being removed (might've read the thread wrong?). Unless Super manage is being removed for Mason Rouge, I'm hoping this is to make room for the possible "Iron/twisted Monster".

Super Manège is not getting removed only maybe le Cobra in 2017 for a new coaster that will be built dor the park's 50th anniversary and la Maison Rouge is already built. It's where the old dinning area near Goliath used to be.

^ I have also never been to La Ronde, and while I am planning on going in the next year or two, all I have to say is this:

I've never had anything but bad customer service experience absolutely anywhere I go in Quebec. I've been told this is because I'm not a Francophone and that it's basically a "thing" in Quebec. So I'm not surprised by their history of bad customer service, per se, but it is also why I am in absolutely no rush to get to that park. I'll make it out eventually, but only because I'll be passing through the province on my way elsewhere lol.

That being said, I completely agree with your comments about overhauling the customer service (maybe time to bring in new management and new training) before worrying about new additions.

It might just be me, but even though it wasn't perfect this year, I found that the customer service had actually improved last season, the employees were more friendly, the operators were still fairly slow but the others were more polite and dynamic than in previous years.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was walking in La Ronde and by the entrance of LaRonde there is a poster that shows RMC track doing a twist and then says "Affrontez vos peurs, car cette bête sera beaucoup plus effrayant." Which translates into: "Face your fears, because this beast will be much more frightening."

I'm guessing this is a hint that Le Monstre is getting the RMC treatment for the 2016 season.

NOTE: WILL GET PICTURES WHEN I GO BACK TO LA RONDE. THE POSTER SHOULD BE NEAR THE BATHROOMS AT THE ENTRANCE ON THE RIGHT ON THE BIG WALL WHEN YOU WALK TO TICKET BOOTHS.

I was walking in La Ronde and by the entrance of LaRonde there is a poster that shows RMC track doing a twist and then says "Affrontez vos peurs, car cette bête sera beaucoup plus effrayant." Which translates into: "Face your fears, because this beast will be much more frightening."

I'm guessing this is a hint that Le Monstre is getting the RMC treatment for the 2016 season.

NOTE: WILL GET PICTURES WHEN I GO BACK TO LA RONDE. THE POSTER SHOULD BE NEAR THE BATHROOMS AT THE ENTRANCE ON THE RIGHT ON THE BIG WALL WHEN YOU WALK TO TICKET BOOTHS.

Well that would be interesting (and great for LaRonde).

I a RMC revamp happens, I'll definitely need to make a trip back!

I have serious doubts about Monstre getting IBox in 2016. I would love to see the poster though!

Not to get my hopes up, however, Monster getting RMCed would definetly make La Ronde worth going to for more than just half a day lol ... Right now, they have two great rides in Vampire and Goliath (better than the wonderland b&ms imo), as well as some decent flats, and a surprisingly fun coaster with Cobra. Oh, I almost forgot their log flume!... Great ride, and in some ways a piece of Canadian history, as it opened with Expo 67.

IMO, an RMC would at least beef up the park's lineup, and definetly make the place worth visiting for more than half a day to marathon Vampire lol.

Besides rounding out the park (or at least starting that process), an RMC at La Ronde would mean Robb would have to visit sometime... Besides riding Iron Monster, we may also be able to hear his rendition of "the log flume song...Canadian edition"!

I don't think that would happen soon because they spent a lot of money retracking it and buying new PTC trains and besides there's already a lot of roumors going on about 2017 when they will demolish le Cobra to build a new coaster and THAT coaster could be an RMC woodie or also a Premier rides launch coaster.

I don't think that would happen soon because they spent a lot of money retracking it and buying new PTC trains and besides there's already a lot of roumors going on about 2017 when they will demolish le Cobra to build a new coaster and THAT coaster could be an RMC woodie or also a Premier rides launch coaster.

Don't spread rumour as if it was a done deal. No one knows what is going to happen to the Cobra and the RMC woodie or premier launch coast are nothing more than speculations from enthusiast.

I'm definetely curious to see that poster now though.

Don't spread rumour as if it was a done deal. No one knows what is going to happen to the Cobra and the RMC woodie or premier launch coast are nothing more than speculations from enthusiast.

Those are not speculations from enthusiasts. Those are real rumours going on between the employees over there and the Xtreme La Ronde forums.

Those are not speculations from enthusiasts. Those are real rumours going on between the employees over there and the Xtreme La Ronde forums.

Here's the definition of a rumour since you seem to believe that a rumour is a confirmation of what is going to happen in the future:

rumour (ˈruːmə) or rumor

n

a. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally

b. (in combination): a rumour-monger.

2. gossip or hearsay

3. din or clamour

4. fame or reputation

There you go, nothing more than speculations, no confirmation.

Here's the definition of a rumour since you seem to believe that a rumour is a confirmation of what is going to happen in the future:

rumour (ˈruːmə) or rumor

n

2. gossip or hearsay

3. din or clamour

4. fame or reputation

You misunderstood my reply. What I meant is that those rumors didn't come from us, the enthusiasts, but from the park's employees and those rumors have been going on for quite some time now. In 2006, the park got Goliath for it's 40th anniversary in 2007 and the rumors that where going on between the employees about that coaster getting built started about two years before it got built. And keep in mind that in 2016 it will be the park's 50th season and 2017 will be its 50th anniversary so it's not impossible that something similar could happen and lately, Six Flags has been working a lot with RMC and Premier rides.

rumour (ˈruːmə) or rumor

n

2. gossip or hearsay

3. din or clamour

4. fame or reputation

You misunderstood my reply. What I meant is that those rumors didn't come from us, the enthusiasts, but from the park's employees and those rumors have been going on for quite some time now. In 2006, the park got Goliath for it's 40th anniversary in 2007 and the rumors that where going on between the employees about that coaster getting built started about two years before it got built. And keep in mind that in 2016 it will be the park's 50th season and 2017 will be its 50th anniversary so it's not impossible that something similar could happen and lately, Six Flags has been working a lot with RMC and Premier rides.

You are saying it yourself, it is rumours for now.

It's nothing more than an he says she says game until there is an announcement or a leak.