TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

B&M "trims" are more like speed correctors. Most coasters speed up over time and the speed correctors help keep the G-forces in acceptable ranges. I wouldn't call them trims because the sensors that detect the speed can control them so there is a good chance they might not ever activate when you are on it.

Speed correctors?? Are you making words up?

Sorry but this just makes me laugh because of the new word for "trim brakes" you made up!! LOL speed correctors!!

Dude it is a trim brake either way you look at it! That is what trim brakes do. They slow down the train to correct the speed. Trim brakes uses sensors too that detects speed. I guess you can call them speed correctors but that's pretty silly when you can easily call them trim brakes which by the way is the official way to say.

I just noticed something. Those supports looks so thin, flimsy, spread out with little reinforcements compared to the big, beefy, reinforced closer together supports for the coasters at SFMM.

Reason why SFMM supports are so beefy and closer together with lots of reinforcements is because of the earthquakes. You will notice most of Japan's coasters have the same beefy, etc, etc... supports too because Japan is earthquake country as well!

• 2 weeks later...

^ La Ronde is Six Flags owned.

It's been rumoured for years that the park will get ranamed to Six Flags La rone,etc at some point.

So some people think the colours are in case they wanted to change the name to Superman at some point.

Yeah, I don't think this has been mentioned before, and I fell it needs to be said,

Has anybody noticed that on the La Ronde website, when you follow the links to the Goliath page and watch the "Goliath" video, you find that they got a lot of great footage.....of Nitro, at SFGAd?

I just wanted to say that.

Some of you folks mentioned the little gap in the tracks... Well I think I have an probable explanation. During the winter, it gets really (REALLY) cold here, and during the summer it gets really (REALLY) hot... the tracks need dilatation gaps so the steel can expend or chrink, depending of the weather...

(In the 1950's, they did that error on a bridge here, it collapsed when it began to get cold... and we wouldn't want our goliath to do the same!)

The only thing is, I don't know if I saw those gaps on other coasters at La Ronde...

As for the station, it is themed that way because Goliath is situated on the border of the medieval village section of the park, so I think it'll fit great with the area!

^^I actually think it's there for the reason that he^^^ said. the extra support is there because when the two aren't connected, the upper peice of track would start to bend due to lack of support.

^If you read two posts above yours, it will make sense, and it isn't an F up, as there aren't even bolt sections on the track. I doubt B&M would make such a major mistake.

Is there a closer pic of the track section in question? Becaus I really don't see this gap.

And I really don't think it's due to a cold/warm expansion issue. Otherwise they would have done that in other spots.

I can't remember seeing supports done like that on other coasters in cold climates.

Is there a closer pic of the track section in question? Becaus I really don't see this gap.

If you look at the spine it looks like theres a small gap between the supports. Thats what people are talking about.

[/img]

I don't see how it could possibly be an accident though. These tracks come prefabricated. They'll only fit a certain way. You can't just mess up where the pieces go -- things just wouldn't fit together.

It's gotta be intentional. The real question is... why?