TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

^I hope so, that would really make La Ronde a good park.

LaRonde needs a lot more than this to make it a good park. What is needs has nothing to do with the rides, but the people that run them.

I cannot agree with this more. La Ronde has a couple of really good rides (Goliath, Vampire and to an extent, Dragon). But, what absolutely kills any fun at the park is operations and the staff.

• 2 months later...
^ I think the issue could be related to that historic Canadian-Quebec separatist mentality (i.e. "we are La Ronde, not Six Flags"). I could be wrong, just thinking out loud here.

I'm not too sure how a political opinion may have an effect on the quality of the ops but whatever...

Operations are just bad, it looks like they have no incentive in moving quickly or something. Ops were bad prior to the park being bought by Six Flags also...so i guess its more of an habit of sucking.

As for the Monstre, i do wish it would be converted, but i don't see it happening soon due to the new trains and the money they have been throwing at it in the last years.

The Cobra, this is something i can see leaving in the next few years...it would leave quite a lot of room for sure! A smallish coaster like Lightning Run would be great.

^ I think the issue could be related to that historic Canadian-Quebec separatist mentality (i.e. "we are La Ronde, not Six Flags"). I could be wrong, just thinking out loud here.

I'm not too sure how a political opinion may have an effect on the quality of the ops but whatever...

Operations are just bad, it looks like they have no incentive in moving quickly or something. Ops were bad prior to the park being bought by Six Flags also...so i guess its more of an habit of sucking.

As for the Monstre, i do wish it would be converted, but i don't see it happening soon due to the new trains and the money they have been throwing at it in the last years.

The Cobra, this is something i can see leaving in the next few years...it would leave quite a lot of room for sure! A smallish coaster like Lightning Run would be great.

There's rumors that for the park's 50th anniversary in 2017 they will demolish le Cobra and the old Bob l'éponge building and build a new coaster there.

There's rumors that for the park's 50th anniversary in 2017 they will demolish le Cobra and the old Bob l'éponge building and build a new coaster there.

We'll see i guess! I was kind of hoping they would re-open the 3d movie theater at some point.

I hope they remove Super Mange instead of Cobra. Super Manage is really rough and not that popular, while Cobra is okay and hasn't aged to badly. But although they do need a new coaster soon, I expect them to iron horse Monstre before they get a brand new coaster.

I hope they remove Super Mange instead of Cobra. Super Manage is really rough and not that popular, while Cobra is okay and hasn't aged to badly. But although they do need a new coaster soon, I expect them to iron horse Monstre before they get a brand new coaster.

Yeah but they could use Le Cobra, la Tornade and the movie theatre's footprint to build the new coaster. And I don't think they will Iron horse le Monstre soon because they spend a lot of money retraking it and buying ne PTC trains in 2013. But maybe in 2019 or 2020

But didn't six flags spend a ton of money renovating another coaster just to turn it into a hybrid a few years later? Also, I'm not saying that they will remove Super Manage, I'm just saying that I hope that they remove it instead of Cobra.

I still hope that for 2016 we get a new hybrid and 2017 another new coaster

Never been to La Ronde, nor do I plan on going anytime soon, but based on all I hear about this park, they should work on improvents in operations and customer service before they consider adding a new coaster. When I hear about LaRonde having rude employees, one-train operations, and 5+ minute dispatch intervals on busy summer days, it obviously means that the management doesn't care about the guest experience. Not sure how they'll improve their service, but they need to improve somehow. Besides, they have a decent ride lineup that should hold them over for now.

^ I have also never been to La Ronde, and while I am planning on going in the next year or two, all I have to say is this:

I've never had anything but bad customer service experience absolutely anywhere I go in Quebec. I've been told this is because I'm not a Francophone and that it's basically a "thing" in Quebec. So I'm not surprised by their history of bad customer service, per se, but it is also why I am in absolutely no rush to get to that park. I'll make it out eventually, but only because I'll be passing through the province on my way elsewhere lol.

That being said, I completely agree with your comments about overhauling the customer service (maybe time to bring in new management and new training) before worrying about new additions.

^ ^As someone who visits quebec fairly often, & has been to la ronde a fair number of times over the last few years, I think the main problem is the fact that nearly all the employees there speak broken English. How are you supposed to deliver good customer service at a park with a bilingual group of guests if you can only speak just one language? Worse still, I'm not sure how they'll fix this problem. Everyone working customer service at that park seems to be high school/college students looking for some quick cash from a summer job, so you can't really expect all of them to be perfectly bilingual.

Anyway, bad service aside, really hoping by the time you visit it'll be LR's term to get an RMC. I could see them doing some pretty crazy "twisted colossus-esque" stuff with Le Monstre. I heard some rumors a few posts back about Super Manage and Cobra being removed (might've read the thread wrong?). Unless Super manage is being removed for Mason Rouge, I'm hoping this is to make room for the possible "Iron/twisted Monster".

^ ^As someone who visits quebec fairly often, & has been to la ronde a fair number of times over the last few years, I think the main problem is the fact that nearly all the employees there speak broken English. How are you supposed to deliver good customer service at a park with a bilingual group of guests if you can only speak just one language?

The majority of the park's guests come from within Quebec.

In my three trips to the park I never had a issue with customer service at LaRonde, just slow ride ops. The first time I visited with a SF Pass that had to be redeemed for a paper ticket first before entry I had no issues with a language barrier. Another time when I had a season pass that allowed parking at all parks and the parking lot attendant had not seen it before, it only took two minutes for a supervisor to clear the issue. My french is probably worse than the employees English and I never had trouble communicating with employees at LaRonde.

^Well, guess it's different for everyone. The last time I went (2014), was with a larger group. We tried to see if there was any discounts/group deals available. Took about half an hour. Member of my group told me that when they tried it at Canada's wonderland a few years before it only took them 5 minutes to get things sorted out.

Anyway, not trying to argue over how bad the language barrier is at the park. Like others have said, I think we can all agree that the park is just too slow with their operations in general,

^^ Thanks for clearing that up about Cobra & SM. I'd imagine if an RMC is to come to the park, however unlikely it may be, I think the first thing that would shut down is monster, then possibly SM. Not sure why Cobra would be removed unless it's to make room for Mason Rouge.