TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Eh, I'm not into haunted stuff at parks, and I don't think that this is what La Ronde local enthusiasts wanted, but for what the park is, I guess it's better than nothing.

Actually, by reading the comments on the Facebook page of La Ronde, I'd say that 50% of the feedback from locals is actually positive, the rest beeing 40% of peoples like me telling everyone that they will chicken out, and the last 10% beeing idiots who wants Six Flags to build a Kingda Ka at La Ronde .

Also...

Maybe next year the park will get a new RMC woodie, or Le Monstre will become "twisted monstre"

With all the problems La Ronde had with the PTC's, and Le Monstre's layout having quite a bit of potential (if Colossus had potential... Than Le Monstre has too), I wish this could happen. However, beeing La Ronde, the odds of this happening are very low.

I've been planning to go to la ronde for a while, but i keep hesitating because i don't know if it's worth the price. I'm only 4 hours away but i prefer Wonderland which is only a 10 minute drive, but hey! i'll head over to Montreal once they get that new coaster

• 4 weeks later...
I've been planning to go to la ronde for a while, but i keep hesitating because i don't know if it's worth the price. I'm only 4 hours away but i prefer Wonderland which is only a 10 minute drive, but hey! i'll head over to Montreal once they get that new coaster

What coaster? They're won't be a new coaster. I think that if they're is going to be a new coaster soon it will be in 2017 for the park's 50th anniversary.

I see six flags doing another 2 hybrid re-tracking for the 2016 season, meaning boss at six flags st louis, and maybe le monstre gets a treatment sort of like twisted colossus, Maybeeee

That would be cool, some day I should make a re-track of Le Monstre myself in NL 2 until Six Flags really re-make Le Monstre (what are the odds of such an epic thing happening anyway ? )

I see six flags doing another 2 hybrid re-tracking for the 2016 season, meaning boss at six flags st louis, and maybe le monstre gets a treatment sort of like twisted colossus, Maybeeee

That would be cool, some day I should make a re-track of Le Monstre myself in NL 2 until Six Flags really re-make Le Monstre (what are the odds of such an epic thing happening anyway ? )

I can already imagine Le Monstre as a hybrid

• 1 month later...

Monstre will probably get turned into a Hybrid coaster but probably not for a while since this park is probably the most neglected Six flags Park.

I live around 2 hours from the park and it is a decent park, $15 cheaper than Canada's Wonderland. Monstre is a decent Woodie, but Vampire and Goliath are amazing! Especially Vampire.

Monstre will probably get turned into a Hybrid coaster but probably not for a while since this park is probably the most neglected Six flags Park.

Yeah I know

I live around 2 hours from the park and it is a decent park, $15 cheaper than Canada's Wonderland. Monstre is a decent Woodie, but Vampire and Goliath are amazing! Especially Vampire.

Yeah whell I live 15 min from the park and I also love le Vampire

• 3 weeks later...

^Personally, I agree with nick man. Mindbender's a longer ride, and more forceful, however, I still like Vampire more. Probably has to do with how the Mindbender ends. Mindbender's relatively forceless helix at the end kind of killed it for me. I don't know why. Guess I thought the ride's finale would be a little more Intense. Also like how vampire's elements are a little more varied throughout the course, and that the pacing doesn't let up. It might be a little less forceful than Mindbender, but the relentlessness of Vampire puts it ahead for me.

As for wonderland, their B&Ms are fun, but nothing special in my opinion. Yes, Leviathan's huge, but personally, I actually rank it quite low in my count, as the only real memorable parts of the ride to me were the first drop and the ejector air hill after the first overbank. Honestly, I'd rank Wonderland's Intamin drop towe over both of their b&m's. My last visit, I rode both B&Ms maybe 3 times each, but rode Drop Zone (tower to be politically correct ) at least 10 times; not due to shorter lines, simply because I enjoyed it more.

If Le Monstre were to be RMCed, I'm almost certain I'd have to re consider the order of my top coasters however

As for how likely it is we'll see an RMC at La Ronde anytime soon, I have my doubts, like many other users have said, however, there is a glimmer of Hope. Six Flags Mexico got an RMC, and I'd imagine they were somewhat of a neglected park up until that point.

Anyway, just my two cents!