TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

^ Simple can be boring. As long as the turnaround has some speed it should be alright. Like if there's a good pop of air before turning sharply.

But if it crawls through there it'll just be boring.

Hopefully the trim is a somewhat good sign. If they need to slow it down after the turn around, hopefully that means that it'll come out of the turn around fast.

Hopefully the trim is a somewhat good sign. If they need to slow it down after the turn around, hopefully that means that it'll come out of the turn around fast.

Exactly what I was thinking about ! The trim is probably there for a good reason, meaning that probably the speed will be insane in that turn around and then the trim will slow down the train a bit leaving a bit of airtime on the way back. I remember when they announced it, they said there would be a total of 6 drops with airtime.

^ Well thats a shame.... Any way it don't look like they are planning on opening it for a while since it aint done. I would've thought that it would be copleted by now. I take it the snow stopped it from moving along quickly? O yeah Why are the bunny hills so far off the ground? Is there gonna be parking or somthin right there? Any way The ride looks like its gonna have alot of airtime, just not alot of speed if its gonna have trim brakes.

Trim brakes doesnt always mean a huge decrease in speed. Superman la Attracion de Acero in WBMW Madrid has 2 trim brakes, but they doesnt affect the speed at all. Lets hope its the same case with this coaster...

B&M "trims" are more like speed correctors. Most coasters speed up over time and the speed correctors help keep the G-forces in acceptable ranges. I wouldn't call them trims because the sensors that detect the speed can control them so there is a good chance they might not ever activate when you are on it.

Now, if you are riding in a train that has alot of weight on it (insert ACE joke here ) or the track is slick due to rain, then you might see them activate.

^ Well thats a shame.... Any way it don't look like they are planning on opening it for a while since it aint done. I would've thought that it would be copleted by now.

Well the park doesn't even open till just under 2 months from now.

So they have plenty of time to complete it for the start of the season.

The way they seem to be going now I'd say it'll be done well before opening day.

i need some help. In the mid 80's (I'm thinking '85), my family went to a park in or near montreal. I believe there was a kiddie coaster there that maybe went through a tunnel, seems like it was a figure-8 shaped track. Can't find it on rcdb or anything. It's driving me crazy as it might be a credit I had a long time ago. (I was maybe 3 or 4 years old at the time) Nobody in my family seems to remember except that the theme park was on an island, making me think it may have been La Ronde. Does anybody know a kiddie coaster like this, or am i just remembering another ride as a coaster when really it was a smaller powered ride, like cars or trains?