TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

^It depends on the park. If the manufacturer doesn't say otherwise and the park agrees to soak riders, why not?

I used to run a top spin with water effects and we were allowed to soak people when temperatures were high but not in autumn or early spring. Then again, that top spin I am talking about cannot have its water effects working anymore because that caused too many issues with the ride sensors, so management decided to switch the fountains off.

Demon looks rather cool, although I would take a regular or suspended Huss topspin any day.

Looks like they updated the program or are running an alternative program to the other one previously posted. This one has water effects! Looks like you get soaked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8ah3-WlNk

Looks great... Program seems more intense (Mondial is known for having more intense rides).

At least it's not as bad as their other version at Canada's wonderland... It's only focus is soaking riders, and has a horrible program.

While I'd rather see a Topscan put in instead of this, at least if this rides sucks, it'll still take some of the lines away from Goliath and my #1 steel coaster, Le Vampire.

Looks like they updated the program or are running an alternative program to the other one previously posted. This one has water effects! Looks like you get soaked!

Looks great... Program seems more intense (Mondial is known for having more intense rides).

At least it's not as bad as their other version at Canada's wonderland... It's only focus is soaking riders, and has a horrible program.

While I'd rather see a Topscan put in instead of this, at least if this rides sucks, it'll still take some of the lines away from Goliath and my #1 steel coaster, Le Vampire.

Mondial SplashOvers are Water Rides First and Foremost.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going sometime in the next two weeks, on my anuale Montreal trip. I've been there before, but often get stuck in HUGE lines for the B&Ms, and wind up not getting to ride half the stuff lol.. It took me 3 visits to get to finally ride Vampire and Orbite simply because that front section was just PACKED on the days I went. So, any ideas on what rides to hit first, or when to go in they two weeks to avoid long lines?

Also, as I've only really gotten to ride many of the rides once, do you have any idea as to which seats are the best for the star attractions like the B&Ms, Monstre, Cobra, Demon etc.?

Finally, as I want to try and get as many *good* rides for my time there, do you have any suggestions on what rides to do, what I' need to skip? For example, My home park's CW in Toronto (Even though I live like 5 hours from TO lol), so it'd be cool to compare the bat/flight deck to Boomerang/Ednor, but I I'm not missing much, I'd just skip and get another lap on Le Vampire (the best ride in Canada IMO ).

I will be going sometime in the next two weeks, on my anuale Montreal trip. I've been there before, but often get stuck in HUGE lines for the B&Ms, and wind up not getting to ride half the stuff lol.. It took me 3 visits to get to finally ride Vampire and Orbite simply because that front section was just PACKED on the days I went. So, any ideas on what rides to hit first, or when to go in they two weeks to avoid long lines?

Also, as I've only really gotten to ride many of the rides once, do you have any idea as to which seats are the best for the star attractions like the B&Ms, Monstre, Cobra, Demon etc.?

Finally, as I want to try and get as many *good* rides for my time there, do you have any suggestions on what rides to do, what I' need to skip? For example, My home park's CW in Toronto (Even though I live like 5 hours from TO lol), so it'd be cool to compare the bat/flight deck to Boomerang/Ednor, but I I'm not missing much, I'd just skip and get another lap on Le Vampire (the best ride in Canada IMO ).

Get a Gold Flash Pass. Also don't be surprised to see Monstre closed. Ednor sucks.

Le Monstre was actually open quite often so far. Most of the time only 1 track with 2 trains on it. Track 2 was open this weekend.

Avoid Ednor, it is crap.

Outside of that, don't go on the weekend and you should be fine. I would avoid going on the 30th also since most of the companies are closed for Canada day on that day.

• 1 month later...

La Ronde just posted a teaser with a creepy clown on their facebook page for the 2015 season. I've heard on other forums that the new attraction would probably be a haunted walk-through or a dark ride, so looks like it's true.

La Ronde just posted a teaser with a creepy clown on their facebook page for the 2015 season. I've heard on other forums that the new attraction would probably be a haunted walk-through or a dark ride, so looks like it's true.

Do you think there is a chance that this is the same attraction that SFOT and SFSTL are getting?

Do you think there is a chance that this is the same attraction that SFOT and SFSTL are getting?

I'm not very aware of what SFSTL and SFOT are getting and I don't know anyone who works at La Ronde, so I don't have real "insight" about what the park will get. However, I believe it's going to be a walk-through and not a mechanical ride, once again according to what I've read on other forums. If it was to be a proper dark ride, I'd be quite happy because I'm not a fan of them, but it's something the park has been lacking since they got rid of "Le Moulin de la Sorcière" in 2003 (I think).

I can tell you for sure it's not gonna be Justice League like SFOT, however, because La Ronde has no DC Comics theming and I don't think Six Flags has the intention of bringing Superman and Batman to Montreal. The clown in the teaser doesn't look like any DC Comics character I know either.

I doubt it, SFOT's and SFSTL are gonna have DC Comincs theming according to Screamscape, and La Rondw won't because there is no DC Comics theming at the park and I doubt Six Flags will start adding Batman and foes. Apparently it's going to be called Maison Rouge and be themed to a Pirate's house (according to Screamscape again.)

However it's very possible that SF bought the same model from Sally Corp and just asked for different theming.

801429640_ScreenShot2014-08-28at8_12_17.png.f23991977cb41c9feb9e4052d169bae1.png

Link: http://www.laronde.com/larondefr/attractions2015.asp

La Ronde, Quebec's leading destination for thrills and family entertainment, is turning up the fear factor in 2015 with the addition of an all-new, year-round haunted attraction. Guests will be terrified when walking through Maison Rouge – Labyrinth of Fear, a bone-chilling funhouse that will leave them screaming for their lives!

2018769618_MaisonRouge1.thumb.jpg.2861aa663173e605150305e005871125.jpg

2048830762_MaisonRouge2.thumb.jpg.4c37ed1b41d5532e96436ea9498ed5cd.jpg

1199648555_MaisonRouge3.thumb.jpg.9e9c9a7f1b1ce963478909e5bb04d1d3.jpg

597969629_MaisonRouge4.thumb.jpg.3ee2a7120b164a1bbe6fd23dd2780678.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

If this was a dark ride like Battle from Metropolis or Wonder Mountain Guardian, I would have been amazed, and honestly with all the speculation around Sally Corp I was expecting this to happen. Looks like I was wrong, it's a walk-through with peoples jumping in your face. I'm not going to go on it, I get too frightened (in a bad way) when I visit this kind of haunted house.

At least the park is adding a "sort of" dark ride (unless it's a fun/scary house ?), something we were needing for years.