TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Most likely the Moser or Zamperla variant. I can however dream that just MAYBE Vekoma have somehow managed to sell another Waikiki Wave Super Flip as they are a much superior ride to the Moser variant's i've ridden. However considering that Extreme Supernova at the Great Escape appears to be a Zamperla ride (based on the concept art and statistics for both the ride and the Zamperla "Midi Discovery" variant) it could well be a Zamperla Windshear. Only time will tell though, let's just hope that Six Flags run it on a decent cycle.
The Zamperla/Soriani Suspended Windshear comes in 22, 36, and 40 Passenger Versions. I'm sure they could Manufacture a 32 Passenger Model, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It would be interesting if this ends up being Twister from SFNE.
If the Press Release is 100% Correct, it is not a Huss Top Spin, which seats 40, not 32 like The Demon.

Do you guys think this is a new ride or something relocated? Looks really good. The Top Spin (and it's variants from other companies) has always been one of my favorite flat rides. Hopefully they'll run a badass pattern to go with that sinister name.

The rollover makes sense... It did say in the ride description that riders rock/spin side to side. It should be interesting, rven if it's relocated, it'll be another great ride from Mondial in Canada (many have been built at Canada's Wonderland). And even if it's relocated, Mondial makes great rides, and should be similar enough to Tornado, which was removed a few years back, to provide some redemption for the lost top spin.

The Zamperla suspended wind sheer would be sweet too, as ythe gondola can flip extremeply fast.

Both Six Flags Mexico and Lotte World are Vekoma Waikiki Wave Superloops. Same type of ride, but 40 passengers.
^ Actually, Six Flags Mexico has one. Maybe this is a relocation?

Well Lotte World did remove theirs a few months ago although considering it's age I do wonder if they sold it anywhere or just sent it to the scrap pile.

I wonder they went with the picture of a top spin for the press picture when they said 32 riders back to back, the video is the same except they also threw in another ride where the rides are facing each other as well as the top spin style seating (sorry don't know the rides names): http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/larondeen/demon/

If I recall correctly Quake from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom was a Waikiki Wave (not the Super Flip variant) like Tidal Wave at Flamingoland. So that ride would be unable to invert like Demon. The ride (according to the new Kentucky Kingdom owners) was the prototype model for this ride and was plagued with maintenance issues causing it to be closed down there (built in 1992) and was scrapped. I'd say it's either a Mondial rollover (most likely a new model) or a Zamperla / Moser variant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Most likely the Moser or Zamperla variant. I can however dream that just MAYBE Vekoma have somehow managed to sell another Waikiki Wave Super Flip as they are a much superior ride to the Moser variant's i've ridden. However considering that Extreme Supernova at the Great Escape appears to be a Zamperla ride (based on the concept art and statistics for both the ride and the Zamperla "Midi Discovery" variant) it could well be a Zamperla Windshear. Only time will tell though, let's just hope that Six Flags run it on a decent cycle.
The Zamperla/Soriani Suspended Windshear comes in 22, 36, and 40 Passenger Versions. I'm sure they could Manufacture a 32 Passenger Model, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It would be interesting if this ends up being Twister from SFNE.
If the Press Release is 100% Correct, it is not a Huss Top Spin, which seats 40, not 32 like The Demon.

Have you ever thought of the possibility of a moser rides asymmetrical arms top spin ? could it be one of those ? if you google tomb rider machine movieland studios ( caneva world ) the ride experience seems very similar

• 2 months later...
^Where did you see/heard this ?

I'm guessing from screamscape

I’ve got a correction, it seems Demon will only be 14 meters tall and is said to be a used Mondial “Roll Over” ride that has been refurbished, featuring a back-to-back seating gondola (32 passengers total) that will look like this.

I am the one who sent these corrections to screamscape, because they wrote that the ride would be 40 meters high. I also thought they would appreciate to know what manufacturer made the Demon.

Look at page 59 of the exact same thread. I already supposed on august 29th that it might be a mondial roll over since it'S the only ride that got the same specifications as Six Flags wrote on the official press release. (32 seats back to back)

The next week, sometime in September, I got some people working for La Ronde that confirmed me that the ride was a Mondial Roll Over. And before you ask, those people are not ride ops or restaurants employes. Keep in mind that I have been the administrator of Xtreme La Ronde forum since 2004...

Now if you are still skeptical, you'll see in May.

I am the one who sent these corrections to screamscape, because they wrote that the ride would be 40 meters high. I also thought they would appreciate to know what manufacturer made the Demon.

Look at page 59 of the exact same thread. I already supposed on august 29th that it might be a mondial roll over since it'S the only ride that got the same specifications as Six Flags wrote on the official press release. (32 seats back to back)

The next week, sometime in September, I got some people working for La Ronde that confirmed me that the ride was a Mondial Roll Over. And before you ask, those people are not ride ops or restaurants employes. Keep in mind that I have been the administrator of Xtreme La Ronde forum since 2004...

Now if you are still skeptical, you'll see in May.

I didn't mean to be annoying or skeptical, it's just because I was surprised to see such an official confirmation coming out from nowhere all of a sudden. I also follow it on Xtreme La Ronde and found the same stuff, but I always prefer to have reliable sources. It happens too often on the internet that someone who doesn't know anything about the subject proclaims itself an "expert" and start saying some crap.

^B&M started their careers at Giovanola, who were a frequent collaborator with Intamin (Giovanola fabricated the rides; Intamin sold them and took care of the rest).

So basically once B&M and Giovanola split, Gio gave them permission to used the tubular box track? I got to admit, it is weird knowing that Intamin/Giovanola started the tubular box track first. Normally Intamins are identified by the latticework track (that Mack and Zierier are now using) At least that's how I did it for a while....

I didn't mean to be annoying or skeptical, it's just because I was surprised to see such an official confirmation coming out from nowhere all of a sudden. I also follow it on Xtreme La Ronde and found the same stuff, but I always prefer to have reliable sources. It happens too often on the internet that someone who doesn't know anything about the subject proclaims itself an "expert" and start saying some crap.

I don't blame you, i've seen a lot of these "experts" that doesn't know anything. But trust me i'm not one of them. My sources are VERY reliable, and has been very reliable for many years now. They are the one that told me that the new ride in 2013 would be a flat ride, I knew that months before Six Flags made the Aqua Twist announcement. Still people were telling everywhere that the new ride would be a roller coaster, and that the "twist" clue in the picture was for a pandemonium. Then Six Flags release the announcement of a the Aqua Twist, which is a flat ride, as I told everybody 2 weeks before the announcement.

Those same sources told me 2 days before the opening of "Le Monstre" in june, that the ride would open that exact day. Still, people on the boards were telling me that I was wrong. Two days later, Le Monstre was open. Those sources also told me about the Ovni ride being removed, few months before 2007 season's openning, and before La Ronde removed it from it's website.

They are EXTREMELY reliable, but you have to understand that I cannot reveal their names on public forums. But I know that a lot of you guys don't know me. I don't blame you. It is not easy to trust someone these days....

So the ride is a Mondial Roll Over, manufactured in the mid 90's, and completely refurbished. The ride should sit at the former OVNI spot,or somewhere between that spot and the former Twister spot. The soccer game is going to be either removed or sent somewhere else in the park.