TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: SFMM on Columbus Day

I got up and took Diana to school, then headed up to the Honda dealer to get new wiper blades for my car. Then it was off to SFMM---on a whim, actually. I wasn't planning to go out there today.

When I arrived, just before 10, there were hardly any cars in the lot. No tram service, either. The gates opened promptly at 10, and in I went. Revolution and X were closed (there was a crane next to X, no doubt to do something about the train still valleyed over there). I hadn't ridden Viper since 2001, so I decided to give it a courtesy ride. I have to admit that it wasn't bad. Only one train running, the orange striped one, and I sat in the front row.

Next, I walked all the way through Rapids Camp Crossing, down through Cyclone Bay, and up to Samuari Summit to ride Ninja. It wasn't open, but since I didn't feel like going all the way back down and coming back up, I waited about 40 minutes for it to open. I was on the first train of the day and had a good ride.

Over at Superman---The Escape, they were giving double rides. Just before it was my turn to get on, they let some FastLane people in right in front of me. When I did get on, we only got one ride. The ride op said that she had to stop doing that because the line was getting longer. That was not cool!

I went down to ride Gold Rusher, but it was closed. So, I ate lunch instead at the Wharf. Done, I headed to Riddler's Revenge. One train running, but someone was kind enough to barf on it, so they had to clean it up and run it several cycles to dry off. I guess a mop or towels didn't cross their mind. I rode in back and it was a good ride.

Next, I rode Batman---The Ride in the front row. Two trains running, so I waited all of about five minutes. A very intense ride this time.

Completing a 1-2-3 SFMM B&M punch, I headed to Scream! After about a ten-minute wait, I got on in front and had a good ride.

I wanted to ride Colossus backwards, and the Psyclone trains were waiting, but they didn't have that side open. For whatever reason, I decided to skip it.

My day was topped off with a ride on Goliath. It took about 15 minutes to get to the second row with a one-train operation. Wonderful ride as always.

Just for kicks, I rode Buccaneer on my way out.

Nothing new construction-wise, but I did see all the markers by the Revolution waterfall and the new ride parts out beyond the parking lot.

Eric

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic