TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Frontier City 2016

The park has announced that Rodeo Round Up will be removed and replaced. On 1/13/16, the park announced a hint of the old gun that used to be on Swinging Six Guns saying, "Remember when this was in the park, get ready to reach for the sky!". The park will be announcing more hints soon. What could Frontier City be adding?

Paul D.

CPCC Owner

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when the removed the Swinging Six Guns they looked at putting it back in the park somewhere else but never got around to making space for it. I'm guessing they are simply going to replace the Rodeo Roundup with it now.

Not much to be excited for as the Swinging Six Guns were pretty mild even by Waveswinger standards, but they were cool to look at with the big gun decorations, and at least it's something.

Back when the removed the Swinging Six Guns they looked at putting it back in the park somewhere else but never got around to making space for it. I'm guessing they are simply going to replace the Rodeo Roundup with it now.

Not much to be excited for as the Swinging Six Guns were pretty mild even by Waveswinger standards, but they were cool to look at with the big gun decorations, and at least it's something.

Actually, the park won't be putting in the Swinging Six Guns at all. The ride was deemed to poor of condition to rebuild, but sits on the property, most likely, to add value. I have been getting hints from many different people and staff, and from what I have learned through my club is interesting. My club has come to the conclusion that a Zamperla Endeavor will be installed at the park this season with the name Gunslinger!

Paul Davis

CPCC Owner

www.centralplainscoasterclub.com

The park has announced that Rodeo Round Up will be removed and replaced. On 1/13/16, the park announced a hint of the old gun that used to be on Swinging Six Guns saying, "Remember when this was in the park, get ready to reach for the sky!". The park will be announcing more hints soon. What could Frontier City be adding?

Paul D.

CPCC Owner

From that, it does sound like they're adding a Starflyer. Hey, I found Frontier City to be a fun little park and a Starflyer would be great for them.

I'd be pretty excited for either, but a starflyer would be a much bigger deal IMO. I'm honestly just glad that they are doing anything. I thought this was going to be another off year. I'm used to not expecting much from FC, but things continue to improve at this park. This will actually be the third new flat ride to be added to the park recently, after years and years of doing practically nothing until the SF sale.

Nice. Not really what I was expecting, but it is certainly something this park needs. There really isn't a lot here you can point to as a true high intensity thrill ride other than the Silver Bullet and the new superloop. This is something I've been hoping that they were working up to.

Hopefully it's a new model and not an old fair ride that they'll build a deck around. I also hope they'll be able to do something with the paneling so it can match the decor a little bit at least.

With the recent new rides and Splash pad being big hits, and this sure to be the same, a new coaster can't be too far off...

...The one at Magic Springs is a high quality ride...

Maybe it's just me, but every time I've been to Magic Springs their Power Surge Ride has been closed "waiting on parts to come in."

Hopefully Frontier City has better luck with this ride than Magic Springs has had with theirs!!! These are one of the few spinning flat rides I can actually ride, and I love them!!

Doesn't Knoebel's have a lot of trouble with theirs as well? It does seem like I've heard about a lot of the power surge installations having trouble. Another reason why I hope it's a new model.

Also, anyone been watching CNL much? Weren't they supposed to liquidate their amusement park holdings by the end of 2015? I'm wondering how close Premier is to buying the park outright.

I got in touch with the park and they told me it is not a trailer model. It is a new park model. That's a good thing to hear. I just wonder how they will theme it to fit in with the parks theme. The colors aren't the best fitting for the park. Anyways, I personally am very excited for this ride!

Doesn't Knoebel's have a lot of trouble with theirs as well? It does seem like I've heard about a lot of the power surge installations having trouble. Another reason why I hope it's a new model.

Also, anyone been watching CNL much? Weren't they supposed to liquidate their amusement park holdings by the end of 2015? I'm wondering how close Premier is to buying the park outright.

I've heard more bad than good when it comes to the Power Surges. They seem to have a lot of problems and Knoebels still hasn't been able to set theirs back up despite trying to get parts all year.

As for CNL, they were supposed to sell off many parks but nobody has heard any news regarding any buyers or a sale. This is true for all of their properties, and I think that nobody has made an offer yet that will please CNL.

According to Screamscape, this will actually be the "Wild Thang" ride from Magic Springs, which is also operated by Premier. I don't know how well the ride operated there, but seeing that this is a relocation there is potential for even more issues.

Too bad the park doesn't have too much room to expand on the water park. Their play structure seems to be a hit with all ages.

^ If it really is the one from Magic Springs, I feel bad for the park. The one at MS seems to be a nightmare. Not sure if it's just that ride itself, or the Power Surge rides as a whole, but almost every time I've been to the park it's been closed. When I've asked different ride operators (not that I really trust their ride operators to know much about what's going on outside their own little social media world) about it I get responses like "Oh, it's almost never open." -or- "Oh that hasn't been open since the park opened this year." (Even though it was the end of July when we were there that time.)

Maybe it's just me and I just have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to these rides, but I've never really heard of them being reliable, epically the one at Magic Springs, and it almost makes me sad that the park is getting it. Only because I would want something more reliable for them.