TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Home Park Lines

In this thread, you can talk about the coaster lines at your home park!

Which ones are efficient, which ones you hate, which are the longest...

You don't have to do it exactly how I do it, but this is how I'm doing it.

Six Flags Great America (My Home Park)

The 1st number is how many minutes the wait is at the beginning of the day, the 2nd number is the wait in minutes a little after lunch, and the 3rd number is the wait in minutes in the evening.

-Vertical Velocity - 15, 45, 60 (Average)

-Raging Bull - 20, 35, 30 (Efficient, Line Post over exaggerates)

-Goliath - 60, 75, 75 (It's almost always about 1 hour, I'm used to it)

-X-Flight - 30, 75, 60 (Long & slow, but not the worst ever)

-Dark Knight - 30, 75, 75 (They let a group of people on every 30 minutes, WTH)

-Superman - 45, 90, 75 (Slowest at the park, breaks down so much)

-Batman - 15, 75, 45 (Good in the morning, exhausting later in the day, but breakdowns are fixed really quickly)

-American Eagle - 20, 15, 30 (Really short and nice)

-Demon - 30, 45, 40 (Average)

-Viper - 45, 45, 60 (Feels longer in line)

-Whizzer - 45, 45, 35 (Slow operation, average line)

So how are your home parks?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six Flags America

Batwing: 0 mins, 30 mins, 0 mins

Everything else: 0 mins, 2 mins, 0 mins

There's usually about a two train wait for Batwing midday, hence the spike.

(By the way this thread is somewhat flawed. What time of year is it? Does this exclude holidays? Are these averages are just what you've seen?)

Dorney

Every coaster is usually a walk on or few train wait at the most except Wild Mouse which is usually around 15 - 20 minutes on a slower day, up to around 45 minutes on a moderate crowd day.

Great Adventure

Skull Mountain, The Dark Knight, Runaway Mine Train, Bizarro, Batman and Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train usually have short lines except on crowded days.

Green Lantern, El Toro and Nitro have moderate waits most days (they can still be walk ons on low crowd days)

Superman and Kingda Ka usually have long lines even on slower days, this year Superman had somewhat shorter lines than past years though.

I shall use your format.

Wild Thing - 0, 5, 0 - lots of people but: giant trains, great operations, never breaks down, but they stop it a lot for people having their cell phones on the lift hill.

Renegade - 30, 45, 20 - slow operations and lots of crowds

Mad Mouse - 10, 15, 30 slow operations and moderate crowds

Steel Venom - 10, 40, 10 - bad capacity but not too popular and operations are good

Excalibur - 0, 0, 0 - walk on always

High Roller - 5, 30, 5 - not too bad at first but it gets some long lines but then they mellow out later again.

Corkscrew - 20, 10, 5 - near the front so people hit it first but no one really comes back too it, you know why.

If 30 minutes isn't long to you it's what i'm used to at Valleyfair for being long.

Holiday World (There was a giant increase in waits as of this summer because of Thunderbird. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and include mammoth and wildebeest since they get arguably some of the longest lines. Note that I've also gotten really good at timing, since I've had a season pass for 5 years now. So if you go, you may or may not see higher wait times than this.

Raven: 25, 5, 5 (Feels extremely slow. Yes, even in the 5 minute waits. They tend to also run one train after the first rush of the day comes through).

Legend: 20, 5, 5 (This season was almost always 2 trains. Just an average moving line. Not bad, not great).

Voyage: 20, 20, 5 (This line goes surprisingly fast! The longest part of the wait is definitely in the station. Probably because there's no grouper and it's just a giant body pile trying to get into a train.

Thunderbird: 40, 40, 5 (Second quickest moving line that I've been in, next to Banshee. Extremely efficient crews as well. They would almost always get the train dispatched before the other would stop behind it on the brakes).

Wildebeest: 20, 45, 10 (Another quick moving line, probably because of the constant boarding).

Mammoth: 45, 60, 10 (Although it's constant boarding, it's painfully long. Probably because all the line has is very wide switchbacks).

Valleyfair (I'm just doing the smallest and largest wait times, because I don't pay enough attention to the time of day I'm riding stuff).

Corkscrew: 0-15 minutes

High Roller: 0-30 minutes

Renegade: 5-40 minutes

Excalibur: 0-5 minutes

Mad Mouse: 10-30 minutes

Wild Thing: 0-20 minutes

Steel Venom: 5-15 minutes

I typically avoid crowded days, and the only time I've been there during Haunt nights is with a Fast Lane, so this is not a good list for Saturdays and Haunt nights).

I like this park, because I rarely have to wait longer than 20 minutes for anything.

Edited by GCI Wooden

These times are for June because 8 out of my 11 trips this year were in June when crowds are light.

Voyage- 10, 5, 5. Not a bad wait.

Thunderbird- 10, 10, 5. Not a bad line at all. Operators were fast in its opening year and could dispatch in 70 seconds.

Raven- 20, 0, 5. This and Legend are only busy in the morning because they are near the entrance.

Legend- 30, 10, 10. Only ran one train this year causing the longest lines of any coaster.

Mammoth- 5, 90, 60. Get here as soon as the ropes for the water park drop to save a lot of time.

Wildebeest- 5, 60, 40. Go here second after Mammoth as Mammoths line is 90 minutes long 10 minutes after the water park opens. This line gradually becomes long so the riding window is larger.

The long lines at HW are always in the water park. In the dry park you shouldn't have a problem with lines if you visit before July or after August.

Valleyfair

-Renegade: 0-15 on slow days, 30-60 on busy days. The operations are little slow, and for some reason, they usually don't add on the second train until noon when the line is already fairly long.

-Wild Thing: 0-10 on slow days, 20-40 on busy days. Despite being the most popular ride in the park, the lines don't usually get to outrageous lengths since it's a high-capacity ride that almost always runs two trains.

-Steel Venom: 0-10 on slow days, 15-30 on busy days. I have never seen the Steel Venom line reach ridiculous lengths despite being a shuttle coaster. My guess is that it intimidates a lot of the GP.

-Excalibur: 0-5 minutes every day. Most people don't like this ride, and being the farthest thing from the entrance doesn't help either.

-Mad Mouse: 10-20 on slow days, 20-40 on busy days. Low capacity and one of the most popular rides in the park amongst families.

-Corkscrew: 0-10 on slow days, 15-30 on slow days.

-High Roller: 5-15 on slow days, 20-45 on busy days.

Kings Island, these are average wait times on a summer weekday. During Haunt and on weekends the waits are exceptionally longer than these.

Banshee: 30, 15, 20

Invertigo: 30, 45, 15

Drop Tower: 5, 30, 20

Delirium: 15, 35, 20

Bat: 0, 15, 0

Adventure Express: 0, 10, 5

Racer: 5, 20, 10

Flight of Fear: 10, 45, 30

Firehawk: 20, 60, 45

Windseeker: 5, 20, 25

Vortex: 5, 15, 20

Backlot: 10, 30, 25

Beast: 10, 45, 60

Diamondback: 20, 40, 30

Planet Snoopy: everything is long waits from open until around 7:00 p.m.

Tivoli Gardens:

(Any summer day or weekends during off-season)

Rutschebanen - Always has a line since it's popular with families and lies very close to one of the park entrances (the one facing the train station), but thanks to a good throughput you'll rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes unless the park is especially crowded.

Deamonen - Can go up to 20-25 minutes, depends on the day.

Odinexpressen - If you get to the park early hit that one first, since the line will fill up quickly (by Tivoli standards, which is up to half an hour) and low capacity will keep it that way almost all day.

Vertigo - Can go longer than 30 minutes if only one side operates (which I hear is more common in the off-season). Not that I'd want to go anywhere near that thing no matter the line.

Hansa Park

(Late-July/early August weekday)

Nessie - Opens with the park and where most guests not heading straight for either Fluch or Kärnan would go first. Rarely gets more than a ten minute wait all day and that's with one train operation.

Wildwasserbahn - 20-30 minutes in good weather, walk-on in bad weather.

Rasender Roland - 15-20 minutes almost all day.

Rio Dorado - 10-15 minutes before noon, up to 35 minutes after.

Crazy Mine - Similarly to Rio Dorado although lets up around 5 P.M (one hour before closing).

Schlange Von Midgard - At least 20 and up to 40 minutes all day due to low capacity.

Fluch Von Novgorod - Opens around 9:30 A.M, although the queue line opens with the park so a line around 30 minutes has been built up by first dispatch. Maintains a 40-60 minute line all day up until closing.

Schwur Des Kärnan (as of 2015) - Opens at 10 A.M but guests gather outside the entrance as soon as the park opens. Should be hit no later than 10 as lines above an hour start forming almost immediately after, then maintains 60 minutes plus all day.

These times are for June because 8 out of my 11 trips this year were in June when crowds are light.

Voyage- 10, 5, 5. Not a bad wait.

Thunderbird- 10, 10, 5. Not a bad line at all. Operators were fast in its opening year and could dispatch in 70 seconds.

Raven- 20, 0, 5. This and Legend are only busy in the morning because they are near the entrance.

Legend- 30, 10, 10. Only ran one train this year causing the longest lines of any coaster.

Mammoth- 5, 90, 60. Get here as soon as the ropes for the water park drop to save a lot of time.

Wildebeest- 5, 60, 40. Go here second after Mammoth as Mammoths line is 90 minutes long 10 minutes after the water park opens. This line gradually becomes long so the riding window is larger.

The long lines at HW are always in the water park. In the dry park you shouldn't have a problem with lines if you visit before July or after August.

Crazy how we got such different times. I agree that I saw these times at the very beginning of summer. Only until about early-mid June and then the lines got crazy long all the way up until September or so.

Crazy how we got such different times. I agree that I saw these times at the very beginning of summer. Only until about early-mid June and then the lines got crazy long all the way up until September or so.

(By the way this thread is somewhat flawed. What time of year is it? Does this exclude holidays? Are these averages are just what you've seen?)

I will go further and say that this thread is useless.

Here is mine for Six Flags Great Adventure! The lines are really exhausting...

Kingda Ka - 30, 60, 60: The morning is okay, but it get feel really long later in the day.

Nitro - 30, 25, 20: It's half an hour in the morning, but keeps on getting shorter.

El Toro - 30, 60, 90: Go there in the morning, it saves you time for other coasters.

Bizarro - 0, 5, 5: Come any time, I love Bizarro's lines

Green Lantern - 15, 45, 75: Another one you want to get here in the morning for, it makes a big jump in the early afternoon.

Superman - 15, 45, 60: Same thing as Green Lantern but not quite as long as Green Lantern can get.

Batman - 10, 25, 40: It gets longer as the day goes by, but the lines aren't too bad in the early afternoon and morning. Later afternoon/evening is when it gets really long.

Runaway Mine Train - 0, 15, 20: If you want to ride it at all with barely/no line, go in the morning.

Zumanjaro - 0, 60, 90 - This should be one of the first things to get to, if you want no wait for it.

Skull Mountain, Dark Knight, and all the kiddie coasters are basically always short.

^Weird, I've had completely a different experience than that on pretty much every single visit (about 2x/year for me). Most notably...

Kingda Ka--45 just after opening, then 90+ until evening

El Toro--walk on until 11:30, 45-60 until evening

Bizarro--Usually a walk on, with the random 20 minute queue mid-afternoon

Green Lantern and Superman--30 in the morning, 45-60 midday, less in the evening

Zumanjaro--I've actually never seen more than 15 minutes for this outside of its first couple months.

Never went to my home park, Six Flags America, for obvious reasons. The closest major park nearby to me besides SFA is Kings Dominion. Lines can range from nonexistent to packed in, depending on what day you visit and what ride it is. In the three times I went this summer, I saw Flight of Fear have a full queue once in the afternoon, I305 a quarter of the queue full, and Volcano extremely close to spilling out on the walkways. Avalanche get get big lines too because it is right next to Volcano. Dominator can get long lines, but I have yet to see a line longer than 15 minutes. I'm sure it happens though. On my trip there on August 9th, the day Shockwave closed, I went to Shockwave once it opened and rode that a couple times. Later in the day, the lines were absolutely horrific and probably approached about an hour or more. The rest of the lines were pretty evenly crowded, with Volcano of course taking the lead.

Canobie Lake Park

Canobie Corkscrew- 5, 15, 0

Dragon Coaster- 5, 10, 5

Untamed- 10, 20, 5

Yankee Cannonball- 20, 30, 15

Six Flags New England

Batman- 10, 15-30, 10-20

Bizarro- 30, 60-90, 45-60

Catwoman's Whip- 0, 5-10, 0

Flashback- 0, 10-20, 0

Goliath- 30-45, 45-60, 45

Great Chase- 0, 0, 0