TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Coaster Could You Ride Without Restraints?

Zierer Flitzer, Miler Wild Mouse and Schwarzkopf City Jet . I have ridden all 3 coaster types without any restraints back in the 90s when they didn't have any at the parks in Ocean City, NJ. After the Wild Wonder (Zamperla Mouse) accident in 1999, all the coasters had seatbelts added.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Hurlers (KD & Carowinds)

And I did ride Nitro many times in a row on 12/30, and as a matter of fact, I did feel my restraint popping up a lot, mostly on the first airtime hill. I've always had a scary thought in mind of the Nitro restraint popping up all the way, come to think of it.

Just one thing I'm not sure about: are we supposed to mention a ride where we could just sit and do nothing and still be in your seat once it's over or one where we'd be able to hold ourselves in place (if we had handlebars or something to grab to)? For example, while I'm sure a ride like steel force would make me fly out of my seat if I just sat there I'm pretty sure I'd be able to keep myself from lifting off the seat if there were something I could grab.

La Vibrator at SFOT, might as well not even have restraints. You could easily stand up, and get out of the bobsled at anytime. So I guess this is one coaster you could ride without restraints... because you kind of already do.

La Vibrator

I thought he was talking about the back seat on Wicked Cyclone.

Don't get me wrong, the coaster was absolutely amazing, but I know that I have ever experienced that much butt tingle on a coaster before.

Just one thing I'm not sure about: are we supposed to mention a ride where we could just sit and do nothing and still be in your seat once it's over or one where we'd be able to hold ourselves in place (if we had handlebars or something to grab to)? For example, while I'm sure a ride like steel force would make me fly out of my seat if I just sat there I'm pretty sure I'd be able to keep myself from lifting off the seat if there were something I could grab.

You can take this topic either way. You can have a boring coaster ride with no restraints or a crazy ride of your life without restraints! It's up to you!

I rode this coaster, a medium Pinfari, and it has absolutely no restraints, seatbelts, or wraparound car body. It was just a couch on wheels! (kinda like that wooden at Blackpool, but I haven't rode that one)

Luna Park Argeles, France

--

Now if I could ride one ride without restraints, a stand-up could be fun! Just a grab bar in front of you but nothing else.

Millennium Force or Nitro (or any not super intense non-inverting hyper coaster) with just a seat and a handle on either side would automatically make that ride so terrifying and exhilarating but still theoretically safe. I think that would be the most pure sensation of floater airtime possible.

Silver Bullet: The last few times I've ridden the coaster, I've held on to the bottom part of the seat (near my butt) and didn't touch the restraint for the whole duration of the coaster. The restraint remained latched down a few inches above my thighs and chest. There was no point on that coaster where my body touched the restraint, not on the inversions, not on the brake run. The whole coaster experiences only positives, no laterals no hangtime and no negatives, you're only ever pressed into your seat. I firmly believe that it is entirely possible to survive that coaster without any restraint at all (Although it would be extremely terrifying!)

I would bet that many inverting B&M's share this ability (Inverts, Floorless, Sitting). The generally feel like they're designed to minimize any non-positive force on your body