TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with a inversion?

My recollection is a little fuzzy on this topic, but I believe it was the Screamer at Boblo Island. I still remember that first ride I was brave enough to ride it, and the terror/excitement of the ride. It's still one of my most visceral memories from my younger years. It was a night ride too, FWIW...

There's a chance it was Corkscrew at Deer Park Funland (MiA) as well, but I do think Screamer came first. Corkscrew at Cedar Point would have been my third coaster with an inversion...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was Tsunami at M&D's in Scotland. Took me ages to build up the courage for it and then I finally went on it. I loved it but then I got scared of it again for some reason and didn't go it on for another couple of years. And it's so small...

Rock "n" Roller Coaster way back in 2000. That was also my first launched coaster.

The ironic part is that I had no problem riding that, but was scared to death by Honey I Shrunk the Audience (didn't want to be shrunk as I thought that I actually would) or Tower of Terror (didn't want to become a real ghost).

The first ever with inversions Corkscrew at Michigan's Adventure. The first with vertical loops ironically enough was also an Arrow: Dragon Mountain at Marine Land in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.