TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favorite B&M?

Apolalypse at SFA. Personally, I find GL pretty enjoyable. As long as you make sure there is some space between your junk and the seat, and don't let your head bobble on every little turn, it is actually a forceful ride with good layout. This year I didn't even find it to be the roughest B&M in the park...that title went to Namtab towards the back of the train. IMO, Athat had the most headbanging of any B&M I've ever ridden.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apolalypse at SFA. Personally, I find GL pretty enjoyable. As long as you make sure there is some space between your junk and the seat, and don't let your head bobble on every little turn, it is actually a forceful ride with good layout. This year I didn't even find it to be the roughest B&M in the park...that title went to Namtab towards the back of the train. IMO, Athat had the most headbanging of any B&M I've ever ridden.

Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great America. While the pretzel loop is one of the best coaster elements I've experienced, the ride doesn't do much after that.

My thought exactly. The ride itself is pretty lackluster other than the pretzel loop, but add to this that it was the only roller coaster I've ever been stuck on, and I was stuck in the flying position for about 15 minutes. It was without a doubt and by far the worst coaster experience I've ever had.

Although, props to SFGAm to this, for my suffering I was given a front of the line pass for Goliath!

I've never had a problem with Stand Up Coasters...

Neither have I, I mean, at least because of the fact that they're standups as what makes me not enjoy the ones I've ridden (Green L and Mantis) as much as I could is the level of smoothness (which is still much better on GL). Mantis is/was probably the roughest B&M I've ridden so that's the one I'd pick.

• 1 year later...

Green Lantern

That's the only coaster of theirs I've had a real issue with. It was fine as Chang at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom but is awful now. Floorless would probably be amazing. Too bad SIx Flags Great Adventure already has one.

• 11 months later...

Rougarou at Cedar Point.

The first half is great - quick, straight drop, smooth first loop and dive loop, decent speed. Once it hits the MCBR, it's hammer time. It shakes, rattles, and rolls through the corkscrew and around a few uneventful turns. The crew was dispatching empty trains during Coastermania ERT. I almost felt sorry for it.

Rougarou at Cedar Point.

The first half is great - quick, straight drop, smooth first loop and dive loop, decent speed. Once it hits the MCBR, it's hammer time. It shakes, rattles, and rolls through the corkscrew and around a few uneventful turns.

This was pretty much my experience as well.

I'd also have to go with Apocalypse at SFA also. When I went to SF Great America a few years ago I missed Iron Wolf. At the time I was disappointed, but once I rode it in its current form, I was so glad I didn't waste time on trying to ride it at SFGA! Also not fond of Green Lantern and what used to be the Vortex at CGA. I didn't mind Riddler and Georgia Scorcher, but I regard stand-ups (B&M or other types) as I do other bad fads of the past - I have no interest in them whatsoever and I doubt I'll ever ride another.

[twitter][/twitter]

Would be tough to choose between Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle

tenor.gif?itemid=10595703

I have ridden all 4 north american wing riders and I can easily say those 2 coasters were some of the worst rides I have had on coasters. How 2 huge coasters can be force less confuses me. How 2 super smooth coasters can manage to kill me with the vest restraints also confuses me. There beautiful coasters that are super smooth. But they are not enjoyable at all. The lack luster rides blended with tightening vests makes them tied for my least favorite B&Ms

...How 2 super smooth coasters can manage to kill me with the vest restraints also confuses me.

I can agree with you on that.The vest restraints are by far my least favorite restraint. The amount of discomfort they cause greatly destroys the ride for me.