TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favorite B&M?

Apocalypse SFA without a doubt.

It is one of the worst coasters that I have ever ridden, not sure why people are complaining about Scream......come ride this and think about that again.

Same, it blows my mind that anyone would answer this question with anything other than a stand-up. Even if you find another coaster boring, I'd rather be bored for 2 minutes than in pain for 2 minutes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apocalypse SFA without a doubt.

It is one of the worst coasters that I have ever ridden, not sure why people are complaining about Scream......come ride this and think about that again.

Same, it blows my mind that anyone would answer this question with anything other than a stand-up. Even if you find another coaster boring, I'd rather be bored for 2 minutes than in pain for 2 minutes.

Off the top of my head, there are probably a dozen other B&M coasters (of those that I've been on) that make the cut before I get to the first Stand Up.

Vortex @ CGA & Iron Wolf/Apocalypse. I don't hate these rides, but they are rough, not that good, and easily B&Ms worst.

An honorable mention goes to the Superman: Ultimate Flight clones for being complete snorefests after the pretzel loop.

Gatekeeper

The more I think about it the more I realize this site is really very diverse. The way opinions and viewpoints differ from varying tastes and different exposure to bad rides continues to amaze me.

For me at least, Gatekeeper is a very "fun" ride. I wouldn't disagree with an argument for putting this is the "most fun coaster" thread. No, it's not very intense, and it's I wouldn't choose it for one final night ride, but there is nothing inherently negative about Gatekeeper. It's fast, smooth, fairly unique, and one of those place-making "wow, that's impressive" coasters.

Then you take my vote, Apocalypse, and it is none of those. There is nothing redeeming or enjoyable. It's rough and slow and painful. That's it.

To the original poster, not calling you it for your opinion at all. If you really hate Gatekeeper (especially if you've ridden one of the original standups), I'd love to hear why it's so unbearable to you.

I didn't mind Vortex at Carowinds, but Vortex at CGA is meh. When looking at Vortex vs looking at Gatekeeper, Gatekeeper was my biggest disapointment. The restraints were horrible and ride was lackluster. Its a shame because the ride is beautiful. I like the vest, but dont like the way it crushes my man area. I find Vekomas new vest system to be more comfortable.

Vortex at Carowinds. The strange part is, I like the coaster. I think it has a strong, forceful layout. Good inversions and nice twisty helices...The coaster is damn good as a matter of fact. Only one problem though, it's a standing coaster.

People always love it, but I honestly really dislike Riddlers Revenge at SFMM. It hurts, it's slow, and it's boring to me. I've ridden other stand up coasters... None have ever really been enjoyable to me except I did like the old batman stand up at six flags astroworld. I was younger then so maybe it was easier to handle being smaller, but I remember loving that coaster lol.

Green Lantern at SFGA isnt to bad.

I didn't find GL comfortable at all. I mean, the layout is great, the color scheme is nice as well, but the incredibly clear weakness that makes this one of the worst B&Ms: Smoothness. Let me tell you, from a person who has ridden it about 15 times, that ride HURTS. In fact, it's so rough that every single time I've been on it, I've gotten a headache.

And I don't know if I'm the only one that gets this when they ride GL, but after first vertical loop, do your feet start to really hurt? Like I know it's a stand up and all but I've heard from many people that their feet "weren't numb" or "didn't hurt" after they got off.

Green Lantern at SFGA isnt to bad.

See? Sometimes its just the perfect response. LOLz

Least favorite: Any standup ever. (I feel like these should be excluded)

Least favorite not considering standups: Maybe Patriot or Silver Bullet, just because you expect so much from inverts. Aside from that, I feel like Scream (SFMM) was pretty underwhelming.

Most disappointing: Apollo's Chariot. I'm not sure what I expected from this coaster. I suppose I've just been spoiled by too many rides on Diamonback. That and we did ride I305 the day before, which although we didn't love, it did build up our G sensitivity a bit.