TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Least Favorite Intamin?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ See, I can't even fault Intamin on Green Lantern since I've ridden an exact clone of it at another park and it rode GREAT and SFMM have even admitted they've made modifications to it after Intamin handed it over to them.

I'd have to say mine is a tie between Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril at Disneyland Paris and Flashback at SFMM.

Edited by robbalvey

My list of ridden Intamins is rather short, but of those I have been on I have to say Colossus @ Thorpe Park. Keep in mind though, I rode it all the way back in 2005 so memory is a bit faded, but I remember quite clearly bashing my ears into those horrible hard restraints.

I would say Green Lantern or Revolution, but both of these are a result of modifications the park made. (And one of them is getting fixed as we speak). Other than that, I have yet to ride an Intamin that I dislike. They may have issues with reliability, but Intamin can make a damn good ride experience.

That being said, my best answers are Possessed and Kingda Ka. Possessed is for that awful holding brake. (I honestly felt like I would never be able to have kids after that) and Kingda Ka for its awful rattle. (For whatever reason, TTD is totally fine, but KK gave me a bad headache). Neither of these are 'bad' rides, but their flaws do cause me to say that they are my least favorite designs from the best company.

I would say Green Lantern or Revolution, but both of these are a result of modifications the park made. (And one of them is getting fixed as we speak). Other than that, I have yet to ride an Intamin that I dislike. They may have issues with reliability, but Intamin can make a damn good ride experience.

That being said, my best answers are Possessed and Kingda Ka. Possessed is for that awful holding brake. (I honestly felt like I would never be able to have kids after that) and Kingda Ka for its awful rattle. (For whatever reason, TTD is totally fine, but KK gave me a bad headache). Neither of these are 'bad' rides, but their flaws do cause me to say that they are my least favorite designs from the best company.

Revolution is a Schwarzkoph.

^ See, I can't even fault Intamin on Green Lantern since I've ridden an exact clone of it at another park and it rode GREAT and SFMM have even admitted they've made modifications to it after Intamin handed it over to them.

I completely agree. I feel like if they were to just open up the cars and let them spin freely like every other ZacSpin, the ride would be so much more tolerable and fun.

If I were to strictly say may least favorite coaster I've ridden by Intamin, it would be Green Lantern, but because the fault is on SFMM and not Intamin, that's not fair. So I would have to say Superman (SFMM). It's not a bad or rough ride, it's just very short and uneventful, and I will admit that I was disappointed after riding it for the first time.

And while I haven't been on any of the Intamin inversion coasters, I've heard those are pretty bad (at least the older ones like Colossus and 10 Inversion Coaster).

Agree with all of this except everything you said about Possessed and that glorious holding brake. God I love that thing, probably way more than most around here.

My answer is Ka. I hate the restraint, its a 'must do' ride but there is a such thing as too much/intense imo and Ka is it. The shoulder harness just kills me, literally I've had bruises. TTD is not as bad for me, it felt smoother and the lapbar makes an enormous difference for a tall rider like me.

Also, doesn't this thread exist already (somewhere)? Because I'm having deja vu.

Agree with all of this except everything you said about Possessed and that glorious holding brake. God I love that thing, probably way more than most around here.

My answer is Ka. I hate the restraint, its a 'must do' ride but there is a such thing as too much/intense imo and Ka is it. The shoulder harness just kills me, literally I've had bruises. TTD is not as bad for me, it felt smoother and the lapbar makes an enormous difference for a tall rider like me.

Also, doesn't this thread exist already (somewhere)? Because I'm having deja vu.

Similar ones do exist.

I just hope the mods don't shut this down.

Oh. God. No... Not Deja Vu. That ride was AWFUL!

I think the thread you are think of is the "worst roller coaster" thread. Or something like that.

Personally I like this thread because it focuses on Intamin, which is a company that we all LOVE, but never really take the time to think about some of the not so perfect rides they have made.

I completely agree. I feel like if they were to just open up the cars and let them spin freely like every other ZacSpin, the ride would be so much more tolerable and fun.

If I were to strictly say may least favorite coaster I've ridden by Intamin, it would be Green Lantern, but because the fault is on SFMM and not Intamin, that's not fair. So I would have to say Superman (SFMM). It's not a bad or rough ride, it's just very short and uneventful, and I will admit that I was disappointed after riding it for the first time.

And while I haven't been on any of the Intamin inversion coasters, I've heard those are pretty bad (at least the older ones like Colossus and 10 Inversion Coaster).

Were there other modifications besides the free-spin situation? I ask because the single ride I had on it seemed to spin quite a lot. That being said, that large drop that skims the station roof did me in, as I was sort of upside down through the whole thing. I got off of it thinking I could probably qualify for disability now.

American Eagle at Six Flags Great America. It's pretty easy to forget that this ride is an Intamin because it doesn't fit any of their stereotypes. There were a few okay moments, but for the most part, it's rough and uninteresting.

One of my least favorite Intamin rides is their drop towers and Gyro-Drops. I hate being slowly lifted hundreds of feet into the air, to just sit there.... and then drop straight back down. No thank you. The anxiety that it causes me is not worth it. One of the few rides I'll actually skip at parks.