TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shame!

The day after marathoning Expedition Everest with them, I dragged 4 teenagers I was chaperoning on the Barnstormer so that we could say we rode all 5 MK coasters in one day. As they pointed out, we were the only group without a small child.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my teenage years I made the mistake of going on a carnival "spinny" type ride (the evil ones that spin for the sake of spinning and then some more just to prove that they can).

Had eaten supper earlier...was trying to impress the nice young teenage lady who I was also with that day...went on the ride, when I really didn't want to...however as she asked so nicely!! Throwing up in the same car as the person you are trying to impress......not my finest hour!!!

Don't go on many of those evil spinny type rides now, and I certainly don't eat large meals if and when I do!!!

• 2 months later...

During my recent trip to Adventure Island, my (geek out Helix) hat flying off on a small air time hill on a small rollercoaster. Luckily it landed on the ride area not the sea, but I then asked to retrieve my hat politely. Little did I know they called over a massive security guard who gave me the most dirty looks ever. I may have lost my dignity (again) but more importantly, I found my hat!

P9243455.thumb.JPG.116cdf25ef0fbca97f28299749d88e93.JPG

Reunited. Note, this was not the ride I lost my hat on, I took it off after the picture.

i made a most embarrassing amusement park moment thread not reallizing there was this one sorry about that anyways ill just copy and paste my post i made here.

For me it was back in the summer of 2004 when i was at Indiana Beach for a girl scout trip. We decided to go on the bumper boats. Despite being 14,this was the first time i went on bumper boats. Before even getting on the boats i couldnt help but stop worrying if the boats will automatically go back to the "dock" or will we have to drive them there ourselves.

See I sadly didnt know how to steer them! Instead of actual steering wheels it was those awkward handles. During our cycle i was pretty much getting little to nowhere,barely moving,and just spinning in circles the whole time. I just played it off as just dont go that fast and far in the first place.

When it was time to drive the boats back i realized my worst "nightmare" was true i had to drive it back myself and i was in the middle of the bumper boat pool. So i try to head back but instead of going forward it mostly....just spun....and spun...and spun...it would finally move a little more forward then start a-spinning again and still not close enough to the dock. I started panicing of course. I was almost about to just paddle with my arms...and the ride OP was clearly getting impatient too. She just eventually helped reel me in a little bit and i finally got back to the dock

After all of that the whole groups of people waiting in line started to clap for me in unison which came off as very condescending....i never felt so embarrassed in my life! after i got off the ride i ran off as quick as possible to just get away from that area. Hours later while me and a friend were walking towards the Cornball Express these two guys,two who were in that bumper boat line,again clapped for me and had the biggest smirks on their face...after that i never wanted to ride bumper boats again. Still to this day i dont plan on riding them anytime soon...that put me off them:P Thats the only ride im "scared" to go on...not because the super tame ride is even remotely scary but because of the embarrassment of not being able to operate a simple bumper boat

The first time I rode Riddler's Revenge at MM I was twelve and it was the first time I had ever been on a standup coaster. As I got on that awkward bicycle seat it was stuck at the top position which meant that I was left hanging on the seat with my feet dangling in the air. I got off and told one of the ride operators. She could have said "If you get on the seat I'll lower it manually", but instead she just barked: "Get on the seat! Get on the seat!"

I was certain that she meant that I would have to ride with my feet dangling in that stupid position which would also mean that I would not be strapped in securely meaning i would inevitably fall to my death at the highest point (12-year old logic) so i just stood there. Eventually she said "Ok, whatever", pulled down the harness of my empty seat and the train was sent off with all my friends except me, who was just left standing there alone on the exit side with everyone in line on the other side laughing at me.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this as I was reminded of Jaguar at KBF in another thread and my latest attempt at riding it.

Long story short, at the end of the ride I couldn't get out of the seat for a few seconds due to the small size of the car. I'm average size, maybe a few extra pounds, but not very large by any means. So there I was stuck in the seat and I had to get my friend to pull me up which on top of everything caused my pants to slide down somewhat meaning that until I got up and was able to pull up my pants there was prominent crack in full view.

Back in the day, when I was a chunky teenager, I went to Darien Lake without my swimsuit. I didn't think I would be going into the water park, but it was too hot and I just had to get wet. So I went in my shorts. For some reason I was into free-balling back in the day as well, never again after this incident.

Anyway, I got to the top of the slide where this attractive lifeguard was posted. Wanting to be all macho, I did a jump/plop onto the tube so she could send me down the slide, and the front of my shorts completely ripped open, exposing my whole "package". She screamed and I tried to cover up and push myself down the slide to get the heck out of there. The slide was not enclosed, and I could hear her yelling "oh my god" and other descriptive comments to her fellow lifeguards.

I had no other clothes, so I stole a towel that was lying around and sat around the park for the rest of the day (I wasn't old enough to drive and had to wait for my family to leave).

I have not been back to a water park since then, which was nearly two decades ago. And I never free-ball either.

Holy Sh**! That's classic!

My family and I just happened to be at Disneyland on the day of the world premiere of the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie, they had the "black carpet" rolled out and everything. We were planning to do both DL and DCA, and we were walking down Main Street after doing everything at Disneyland, and the stars started to arrive. My parents wanted to stop and watch, so we did. What felt like two hours later, we had yet to see any major stars and I was getting bored. I really wanted to go to California Adventure so I started to whine (I was about 10). My dad gave me a look of "shut-up" but I continued to be a brat. We eventually left and headed over to the other park. Once inside, my dad gave me a stern talk and I began to cry. I felt so bad for ruining my family's day, I refused to talk the rest of the day. That's Disney magic for you folks!

Around a month ago, I went with my mother to Walt Disney World and go to all of the parks. On the final day at Animal Kingdom, we were walking towards Expedition Everest to use our FastPasses, and while we were heading over there, I decided to stop for a little and pass some gas, which was actually a small lump of gas. Luckily, there was a restroom just a few feet away and I was stuck there for about 5 minutes. Then there was more walking and I was stuck in another restroom for about an hour, and worst of all, I didn't bring any spare clothes with me. After all that was done, I decided to skip my FastPass and let my mother ride Everest alone. Later on, I used the single rider line to finally get onto the ride without having to crap myself. Long story short, I'm still figuring out what I have eaten the previous day at Epcot so I won't have a Haribo Sugar-Free experience again.

Well . . . the walk of shame has happened to me once. Last year (when I was much heavier), I was unable to buckle the seat belt on Superman: Ride of Steel at SFA.

Once in line for the Wild One this year, I ripped a loud belch . . . . and I was like "oops!"

Another time, after I rode Apocalypse, I had to make a mad dash for the restroom before I whizzed in my pants (note to self: never guzzle water before riding a stand up coaster)

• 6 months later...

Oh ho, do I have another shameful coaster story to add to this thread to keep it alive . . .

A few years ago, at Six Flags Great Adventure when they used to have a kick coaster called "THE CHILLER!" I was a single rider who waited a long, long time so I could ride BATMAN side. The park attendants took a long time between launches, and I thought I should team with another single rider to help the line go quicker and to get on and off the ride quicker. I see someone by himself in a train so I asked him if I could ride with him. He looked at me and said, "Sure thing." Delighted, I thanked him and got into the seat. When I turned around to thank him again, he was gone! I don't know why he got off the ride, but if he didn't want me to ride with him all he had to do was to reply "No" and I would understand. He made me feel guilty and I couldn't enjoy the ride after that.

It's bad when you want to credit-whore a ride. It's worse when the said ride is themed to Sesame Street. End of story.

There is nothing wrong with riding Air Grover to get a credit. I would have ridden it if one of my nephews or nieces was with me, so what's the difference? LOL I mean I wouldn't have made a trip there (or any other place) just for a kiddie coaster, so I'm not that much of a whore. But if there's one at some park I'm already visiting, why not if I'm allowed? lol

I rode the Flying Unicorn (before Potter obviously), Shamu Express, Sea Serpent (Fun Spot O) and Ant Farm Express (Wild Adventures) without an accompanying child too. I plan on riding Tasmanian Tiger next time I'm at the zoo (if it's open as it was closed last time...lol) and Kiddie Coaster at Fun Spot Kissimmee when I go to ride Mine Blower. The only other whoring credits I've missed at parks I've been to are Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster @ SFOG (last time I went the park was over crowded and wasn't waiting), Pteranodon Flyers at IOA (didn't have a child and they are pretty strict...or were) and Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster at USF. Not sure why I skipped the latter since I rode the one next door.

#NOSHAMEHERE

-Rode Dorney's Woodstock Express alone...the embarrassment is slightly mitigated because I was 13 at the time, but still bad.

-Got stung by a bee while riding Comet at Hershey and spent the rest of the ride swatting it away/grabbing my neck/panicking as though I had just been shot

-Rode Dorney's Woodstock Express alone...the embarrassment is slightly mitigated because I was 13 at the time, but still bad.

Woodstock Express is one of the best coasters at Dorney.

great Jr. Coaster, with tons of airtime.