TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shame!

Squeezing into a small kiddycoaster being the whore I am only to realize the operator was a beautif girl my age eyeing me, giggeling and shaking her head. Those things go more than one lap so everytime I passed her I made a forced smile dying a bit inside.

lol >tfw

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squeezing into a small kiddycoaster being the whore I am only to realize the operator was a beautif girl my age eyeing me, giggeling and shaking her head. Those things go more than one lap so everytime I passed her I made a forced smile dying a bit inside.

lol >tfw

• 1 month later...

At Tibidabo yesterday trying to find the best place to take a picture of the closed roller coaster. I ended up in the middle of a kids playground. Oh dear! Also I went down some paths that were supposed to be closed off, and got told off by staff. Not great.

I went to Valleyfair by myself over the weekend and rode Mad Mouse since the line was not too long. I was next in line, and as I was by myself, I sat down by myself in the front, thinking two people would be put in the back, and then was promptly joined by three little children that I had no relation to, one of whom was sat next to me. I could see the looks of shame from the people in line as the car sat on the brake run and I silently cursed the ride ops for putting me in that position.

Edited by ImmelMatt

At Six Flags, I got a soda with no lid, but I put a straw in it.

I started to sip through the straw but, without thinking, I tilted the cup too and spilled my Mello Yello all over my lap.

Life lesson: always get a lid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBaTYBOiRcs

Kids are so dumb.... Glad I never did anything on that level

• 1 month later...

Here's another entry into The Amusement Park Hall of Shame:

I was at Kennywood ready to ride THE VOLCANO. There was a mother with two kids and she was concern whether or not they could on that ride by themselves or if they each needed an adult. She asked for any single riders and I raised my hand ( The #1 rule of being a single rider - ensure that you get on the ride, even if you have to partner up with someone else ). So imagine my chagrin when those two kids rode in one car and the mother and I rode in the second car. It turns out that the two kids could ride together in one car without the need of any adults, so I'm riding with their mother due to her misunderstanding ( She and I could have ridden by ourselves in separate cars). Despite all that, we all had a great ride on THE VOLCANO!!!

Well technically not “Coaster” shame—

In 2002, I was at Cliff’s Amusement park in Albuquerque on a summer trip with my High School Youth Group. Decided to ride their vintage Chance Yo-Yo. I had just chatted up two cute girls from New Orleans in line when we all boarded. I sit in the seat—This is my first time riding a yo-yo. I go to put the tiny "lap bar" down and find, to my naive horror that

THE BAR WON’T LOCK!

I frantically move the tiny, thin steel restraint bar up and down, shouting “HEY, IT’S NOT LOCKING!!” “HEY, IT’S NOT LOCKING!!!”

The ride begins and I spend the entire time in white-knuckle terror. “this is it”, I thought. “A budding coaster enthusiast like me is gonna be one of those gruesome teenage ride accident victims like in the news. I’m gonna die, thousands of miles from home, on a Yo-Yo!!”

Turns out the bars on Yo-Yos aren’t supposed to lock.

Back in the day, when I was a chunky teenager, I went to Darien Lake without my swimsuit. I didn't think I would be going into the water park, but it was too hot and I just had to get wet. So I went in my shorts. For some reason I was into free-balling back in the day as well, never again after this incident.

Anyway, I got to the top of the slide where this attractive lifeguard was posted. Wanting to be all macho, I did a jump/plop onto the tube so she could send me down the slide, and the front of my shorts completely ripped open, exposing my whole "package". She screamed and I tried to cover up and push myself down the slide to get the heck out of there. The slide was not enclosed, and I could hear her yelling "oh my god" and other descriptive comments to her fellow lifeguards.

I had no other clothes, so I stole a towel that was lying around and sat around the park for the rest of the day (I wasn't old enough to drive and had to wait for my family to leave).

I have not been back to a water park since then, which was nearly two decades ago. And I never free-ball either.

There are times that I wish I would have said "care to join me?" or "hop on!" to the lifeguard. But I'm just glad I can laugh about it and share it as a funny moment in my life.

THIS COMMENT IS FUNNIER THAN THE STORY ITSELF!

Well technically not “Coaster” shame—

In 2002, I was at Cliff’s Amusement park in Albuquerque on a summer trip with my High School Youth Group. Decided to ride their vintage Chance Yo-Yo. I had just chatted up two cute girls from New Orleans in line when we all boarded. I sit in the seat—This is my first time riding a yo-yo. I go to put the tiny "lap bar" down and find, to my naive horror that

THE BAR WON’T LOCK!

I frantically move the tiny, thin steel restraint bar up and down, shouting “HEY, IT’S NOT LOCKING!!” “HEY, IT’S NOT LOCKING!!!”

The ride begins and I spend the entire time in white-knuckle terror. “this is it”, I thought. “A budding coaster enthusiast like me is gonna be one of those gruesome teenage ride accident victims like in the news. I’m gonna die, thousands of miles from home, on a Yo-Yo!!”

Turns out the bars on Yo-Yos aren’t supposed to lock.

Don't worry. A very similar scenario happened to me about 3 weeks ago at Six Flags Over Georgia on a Titl-A-Wirl. You'd think I'd know one of my favorite flat rides doesn't lock seeing as I've been riding them for years. Alas, whiteknuckle terror..... on a ride that only throws you further into the seat...

I was at Disney's California Adventure a couple years ago and had realized that I had ridden every ride in the park but Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em buggies. Shamefully, I got in line tried avoiding eye contact. I got into the car and touched the lap bar and it started to tip towards me. I thought it was one where you find the lowest click you can, but it turned out that its just a big blob that falls as low as it can. I didn't catch it in time and smashed into my crotch... hard. I wanted to scream, but I didn't want to cause a scene, so I rode the ride in extreme pain. Good thing that its a long ride, because by the end, I felt good enough to get off. I never ever told anyone this story until now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered an event when I was 6

My family and I was visiting WDW sometime in 2007 when my older brother tried to get me to ride Haunted Mansion. I was very scared and refused to go on it. I eventually agreed to go on it when my bro said he would pay me 5$ (he wasn't going to). My dad was carrying me on his back in the Haunted Mansion line. When we got to the room (with the painting that turns into a skeleton), I got so scared that I jumped off of my dad's back and bolted out the emergency exit. My whole family came after me trying to catch me, but I was FAST back then. I ran non-stop to Splash Mountain where my brother finally caught me.

I don't remember what happened next, but I tried Haunted Mansion again (my mom had a tight grip on my hand) and I loved it.

Looking back at this, it's kinda funny.