TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shame!

Haven't had a shame moment on a coaster yet.

But have you ever ventured to a family raft water slide by yourself on a low-crowd day to see if you could get a solo ride? I have. Twice. Both times on ZOOMbabwe at Holiday World. Got away with it the first time (WEIRD experience, and definitely not as fun with not as much weight in the raft and having to sit in the center...). Second time later in the day, I was randomly paired with a father and his son for an awkward trip down the flume.

I don't take that chance at water parks anymore, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone either.

----

The only reason I keep track of coaster count is for my own personal benefit. Mainly because I'm a forgetful person (at 21 years old) and sometimes can't remember if I had ridden a certain coaster at a certain park or not. I don't boast or do milestones. It's a bit too egocentric for me, plus a waste of trees to print it out.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are dozens of mini roller coasters in Brazil made for small children. Those coasters are built by several companies in Brazil and cost around USD20k each. They can be found at private birthday party places (like a FEC, with the exception that they only open for private parties), so unless you are invited to one of those parties, it's almost impossible to get those credits. And even if you are invited, they usually don't allow adults to ride due to weight restrictions and size restrictions. After insistently contacting those places, some of them let me ride the coasters, early in the morning during maintenance hours. Still, it was pretty embarassing 1)explaning why I wanted to ride those coasters 2) Trying to fit into some of those

230677_10151371292129243_543600868_n.jpg.821e48bd828ea77576454251cf29e3f8.jpg

With me it was the opposite. I used to not give a damn about credits. I used to visit the most famous parks around the world, ride he best rides at each one of them and simply ignore smaller parks. But the more I got into the hobby, the more i realized ANYTHING can be fun, from a record breaker coaster to a wacky worm. I've had more fun at smaller parks with just a kiddie coaster than at some major amusement parks in the US !

• 3 weeks later...

I think my most recent moment of shame comes from taking a front row ride on Iron Dragon (at Cedar Point for those of you who might live under a rock) away from two kids about 7-8 years old.... Part of a family of 4 who had perfectly planed out how many people in were in each "row que" so they could all ride together.

If looks could kill... the look that mother would have gave me would have killed us both.

(I know I am NOT suppose to say "VIP Tour" on here because some people get butt hurt. But this was because on our VIP Tour, the timing just happened to line up poorly to make this happen.)

Got a great one for this thread...

Not as much shame for me as the people I was riding with.

I was at Worlds of Fun around age 9 or 10 riding Fury of the Nile (WOF's Intamin rapid ride) alone, because at the time I was too scared to ride bigger things at the park, while the rest of my family would the huge thrill rides. So I step inside a boat with 5 random strangers, all of which happen to be drunk. And by drunk, I mean DRUNK to the point where they could not walk in a straight line if their lives depended on it. Once the ride takes off, they of course break every rule their is to be broken. We have people standing, yelling, throwing things off the boat, etc. But of course every time we pass an employee of the ride, these clever bastards act sober to the point where you can't tell they have drank in the first place. Once we hit the tunnel (aka, the finale of the ride), this 250-ish pound muscle man decides to stand up during the most intense part of the ride, and shortly after falls and crushes my small pre-teen body, only to become drenched shortly after from a near-by waterfall.

Being this irresponsible in a public setting, especially at around 2 PM, is worthy of shaming.

This was a long while back but me and my friends were probably like 12 and we rode the Wild Thing at VF. Some frat boys were spitting and it hit us! We screamed and yelled and when we got off the ride a bunch of teenage girls stood up for us and yelled at them and then things got violent and we all were kicked out of the park! I didn't go back to VF for a while after that but it's way in my past now.

I rode this boring, sickly and repetitive flat ride on my birthday. I was the only rider on at the time, because the park was literally two days before closing for the off-season. The real shame is that I felt so sick I had to tell the ride op to stop the ride. They asked if I was okay. I said "yes" for some reason, even though I was about to explode with vomit. Yes, I was nearly sick. And I was the only rider.

ON A KID'S RIDE.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, new shame, I was at Adventure Island, and I did not get a wrist band because I only wanted to go on Rage. But I sort of became a little addicted to my semi ERT, so much so that I ended up spending £32 in total of tickets, when a wrist band was only £25. Ah!

I rode the Woodstock Express at Cedar Point for the credit.

Alone.

Eh could be worse. When I was really into drop towers I rode Frog Hopper at MI Adventure just because it was the only drop tower there. I was the oldest person on it and mid-ride I was like, "Why did I do this?!"

I rode the Fiesta Express when it was still at Wild Adventures with a bunch of small children.

It was so slow and parents were definitely giving me the look of disapproval.

To be fair, if that ride was on the side of a cliff face, then it would be one of the scariest rides on the planet!

When ever we go to a park, my family always rides every coaster that the park will allow us to. My wife and I are in our 40's and our kids are grown, but it still doesn't bother us to all squeeze into Shamu Express at SeaWorld or Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie at Carowinds for example. It might seem strange to people looking at us riding a little kiddie coaster full of a bunch of kids but we don't care. I'm probably without shame when it comes to theme parks, I've begged Kings Island several times to let me ride The Great Pumpkin Coaster but they still haven't let me...So I'm still seeking that credit. Yes, I count credits. And I have an excel spreed sheet of my credits. But I don't do it for anybody except me. I don't show it to anyone. I just think it's fun. Something for my own personal pleasure and most certainly not to boast about it. But one thing is for sure, you'll never see me in a patch jacket. lol

Last year I was marathoning wicked cyclone at SFNE, but trying to time it to get over to Bizzaro/superman before the park closed. It ended up with me sprinting across the park with 1 or 2 minutes to get there. I ended up there at 9:01 covered in sweat with the line closed. The workers found out where I ran from and said " your one of those" and ended up letting me in line. Once I got to the line it felt like everyone was looking at me judging me, also the people I ran past, it was worth it though

This was really embarrassing for me:

I was at SFSTL on a hot day 2 years ago. I was on the splash zone bridge of the Tidal Wave and when the splash came, it almost blew my shirt off. But my head caught my shirt and I couldn't see so I was trying to get my shirt off my head and I slipped. Someone helped me afterwards and when I got my shirt down, I saw that everyone on the bridge was laughing at me.

• 3 weeks later...
This was really embarrassing for me:

I was at SFSTL on a hot day 2 years ago. I was on the splash zone bridge of the Tidal Wave and when the splash came, it almost blew my shirt off. But my head caught my shirt and I couldn't see so I was trying to get my shirt off my head and I slipped. Someone helped me afterwards and when I got my shirt down, I saw that everyone on the bridge was laughing at me.

Classic slapstick comedy for real. To be honest I probably would have stared laughing if I saw it.

Squeezing into a small kiddycoaster being the whore I am only to realize the operator was a beautif girl my age eyeing me, giggeling and shaking her head. Those things go more than one lap so everytime I passed her I made a forced smile dying a bit inside.

Squeezing into a small kiddycoaster being the whore I am only to realize the operator was a beautif girl my age eyeing me, giggeling and shaking her head. Those things go more than one lap so everytime I passed her I made a forced smile dying a bit inside.

Damn, that is annoying for you!

Back in 2011, I was at Jolly Rogers Park located in Ocean City, Maryland and I decided to ride Wacky Worm (why not, there was nothing on the ride information sign that didn't say I couldn't go on it ). There were two mothers who had their daughters ride that coaster while they watched, so I got up to the station and waited. After the ride was over, the attendant asked the girls if they wanted to ride the coaster again and they all said yes. They did this for about three more times. Finally, after the third time, I asked the attendant when can I get on. The ride attendant looked surprised and replied that he thought I was the father of one of the girls. No, I don't have any kids and besides - "I was standing in line, wasn't I?" I snorted back. He replied that he was sorry because he thought only kids rode this coaster and never had a grown-up on before, even thought it was permitted. So I got on and rode that coaster.

I'll still ride a kiddie coaster if I'm permitted, but the next attendant that belittles me is going to . . .YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!