TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the most "Forceless" coaster?

I have heard forceless reviews of every B&M wing coaster. The only one I have ridden myself is Wild Eagle, and this is considered to be the best one. If that is true, then I can confirm that the others are pretty forceless.

I don't think Thunderbird is forceless. You pull some strong G's at the bottom of the loop and the bottom of the horseshoe turns. I have actually greyed out on it. It isn't as intense as Kumba but it is more intense than most B&Ms.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Thunderbird is most definitely not forceless. I mean it might feel a little forceless if you're just coming off of the Voyage, but honestly in terms of excitement I'd put it up there with the best of the B&Ms, at least in the outer seats at the extreme ends of the train.

I typically love most B&Ms, even the more 'forceless' ones. But X-flight comes off as one of the most nondescript layouts out there. I've ridden it a handful of times and can't remember it at all.

Also, Batman the Dark Knight at SFNE, and a handful of the morgan/arrow hypers. Some of the reeeeaaally old woodies ride pretty forceless as well, like the ones with the raised turn around and no airtime (unless you consider general discomfort as a force).

Mine trains usually fall into this category for me too. Even the Intamin mine trains.

I was surprised to see that their most forceful ride was the used Vekoma shuttle coaster.

I disagree, Posessed is pretty forceful. That being said the most forceful and awesome ride in the park is probably Demon Drop.

I actually thought stinger was the most forceful. There are very few coasters that did make me think (during an element): "God this has strong Gs!" and this was one. Talon also has some decent Gs in the helix and turn after corkscrew.

But since this is a "forceless" thread, I'd say steel force has (ironically) not a lot of forces although I found it very fun (especially those last hills)

The two RCCA woodies in Spain, Coaster Express and Magnus Colossus, are both very forceless rides. The first one has some fairly strong positive G-forces at the bottom of the first drop/helix, but other than that both these rides do a whole lot of nothing. Unfortunately that whole lot of nothing is combined with a lot of pain...

Edited by viking86

^Oh, yeah, I forgot coaster express. It really is very weak (in terms of forces). Not one bit of air and the positives,... well .... nothing special. That + the unbearable roughness is what makes it my lest favorite coaster.

• 3 years later...

Trailblazer at Hersheypark. I know mine trains are typically not the most exciting rides, but Trailblazer in particular did absolutely nothing for me. The ride feels like sitting in a chair, so anyone that’s watched a POV of it has basically already ridden it.

The B&M answers are just people trying too hard. Trailblazer, Bandit @ Movie World Germany, Coaster Express, PGA Grizzly, a litany of japanese jet coasters, I mean there's a ton of real answers to this that aren't rides where the other complaint is that there's too much vibration from all the positive Gs.

Hurler is probably the most force less large coaster I've been on, sans the vibrations.

Hurler at Carowinds made my man boobs bounce violently and I don't have man boobs. It was the weirdest sh*t.

Yeah, good luck getting that out of your head now.

Edited by coasterbill

Probably the most forceless coaster (outside of some family coasters and mine trains) is one that is, thankfully, no longer with us. That would be Psychlone at SFMM. All I remember it being was slow, dull and rough....The first drop was so sluggish that it made many of those milder mine trains and smaller family coasters feel like high thrill rides. The rest of the ride was like traveling over a pothole laden road in an old pickup truck. Almost no laterals, and very little on the negative (or positive) G's.

Another that comes to mind (and yes, also no longer with us) is Shockwave at KD. Only the loop had any real force, and it was rather mild compared to most other coasters I've ridden with vertical loops. The rest of the ride was not unlike a steel version of Psychlone - rough and devoid of much force. The bunny hops at the end gave very little in the way of negative G's, and felt like riding over that same pothole infested road, but this time while on a bicycle.

Big Thunder Mountain at Tokyo Disney. Front, back, middle.. it didn't matter there was no airtime or anything. Don't get me wrong it was fun but it's nothing like the Big Thunder in California or Florida. The train just seemed like it was too big for the ride. Lagging in the front and back.

Sorry Japanese Big Thunder..

Big Thunder Mountain at Tokyo Disney. Front, back, middle.. it didn't matter there was no airtime or anything. Don't get me wrong it was fun but it's nothing like the Big Thunder in California or Florida. The train just seemed like it was too big for the ride. Lagging in the front and back.

Sorry Japanese Big Thunder..

I thought the same thing! Glad I'm not the only one.

I also don't expect anyone to agree on what constitutes a "major roller coaster". Slinky Dog Dash has 2 launches and goes 40 mph. Is that major? What defines major?

The same thing that defines "World Class."