TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Planning

Sorry if this has been discussed (didn't feel like reading through the king pages of rants).

Pretty pissed how the TPR trips got canceled. I get that Robb wanted/need a break (planning trips that caliber must take an unimaginable ammount of planning). But if the trips were cancelled due to people being total d^cks, then all I have to say to those particular people is "f*** you"... You ruined a great opportunity for the rest of us.

And that is the type of selfish attitude of people that Robb is trying to avoid. Instead of you thinking about what is best for Robb and Elissa you complain about "your" wasted opportunity.

That was a similar attitude that many of the total "d^cks" shared.

Well said, Larry. Well said...

I agree that the original poster was lacking in tact and probably falls into that category of selfish people that Robb and Elissa would like to avoid, no question. But, to be honest, I think there's a small part of his message (and others have touched upon this as well) that I don't disagree with. It IS a shame that too many "entitled"-type people actually complained about these fantastic and fun journeys (instead of kicking back, relaxing, and HAVING FUN!), meaning that some folks on here who would be respectful and appreciative of all the effort that you guys tirelessly poured into these trips will seemingly not get a chance to maybe experience them at some point in our coastering lives. To be clear, I 100% understand Robb's decision, and I totally respect that he and Elissa need (and deserve!) a break....plus, I can't even imagine how frustrating that had to be seeing/hearing the complaints when you're having to worry about planning everything and coordinating everything. It's still a bummer though. Just my 2 cents.

And for the record, Thank You for all the work you guys do with not just the content (website, Facebook, etc.), but with organizing the fun events that you do. My only real TPR experience for an event was Banshee Bash, and I was blown away with how much FUN it was. It was one of the coolest days I've ever had at a theme park, and that was largely due to the experience you guys put together! Maybe another bash will be in my future someday, especially once our little pumpkin gets a bit older.

Merry Christmas to you, Robb, Elissa, & Kristen!! (And to all of TPR!) Hope Santa treats you well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many of us would love to go on a TPR tour. However, I think Robb can barely make any money out of it besides getting not so nice responses from some people. Especially if you look at the time he needs to plan a trip, taking care of administration and being on the trips I guess it doesn't ad up. If everybody would be thankful, maybe... however I just do not understand one thing. You say some were complaining about the hotels. Regardless if it is a cheap or expensive hotel: when making your deposit you agree with the information there is at that moment. Also if you take the trouble to read some TPR Tours Tripreports you could get some information on what hotels are regular chosen around some parks. You get what you pay for: if the trip costs are slightly more you are more likely to get a better hotel. Or the area is expensive and the hotel is just ok for that price. What I mean is that you got to have some trust in the fact that Robb and Elissa will make sure you get as much for your money as possible. Being a cry baby about it during or after a trip is well just ... rude. If something is not good after all they will detect that themselves and simply will not take that hotel anymore in the future. Once in a while you hit a hotel that is not as good as the reviews want you to believe. Instead of having a bad mood about it you might as well try to have fun with the group.

I totally understand that you stick to Bashes and private trips for now, or forever. You do not own us any explanation. Something with privacy. TPR is big, but the past is sometimes the past until told different. They have their family, their own lifes: they are not owned by those bitchie members. Don't like it? Well, nobody is telling you that you can't leave, right

Sorry, just wanted to say that.