TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Defunct Roller Coaster/Ride

Favorite Defunct Coasters: DejaVu & Lazer.

Favorite Defunt Coaster (Not counting relocated coasters): Speed the Ride

Favorite Defunct Ride: Perilous Plunge

Rides I was most glad to see go: Son of Beast and Psyclone

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite relocated coaster: Deja Vu (AKA the only relocated coaster I've ever been on)

Favorite defunct coaster: Disaster Transport (I for one loved this thing to bits. It felt out of control in all of the best ways and gave a fantastic sense of speed.)

Favorite defunct ride: Log Jammer (SFMM) (Probably my favorite log flume)

Least favorite defunct ride: Cedar Point's Wildcat. (I didn't enjoy this one as much as I though I would, but maybe I just caught it on a bad week. I wish I could re-ride it.)

Then i miss this one ride they removed and made defunct in another fair in finland. It was a Fabbri Skateboard (they don't make those anymore) and i only could ride it once.

That looks like its got some intense laterals being banked like that!

It was quite intense.

A few defunct coasters come to mind for me.

BGT's Python which is probably my # 2 Arrow behind Tornado at Dollywood.

KI's King Cobra

KI's Son of Beast. While the overall ride experience was a bit painful, it had one of the best drops of all the coasters I have been on.

USF's Jaws. It was my all time favorite flat ride. I literally sobbed when I found out it was closing. Universal Orlando will never be the same.

As much as I like Big Thunder Mountain, I have to admit a fondness for the old Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland at Disneyland (particularly the Rainbow Caverns and the eerie music they used to play inside them).

From Kings Dominion I miss The Lost World, The Galaxi, and Hypersonic XLC.

From Busch Gardens I miss the Big Bad Wolf.

From Kennywood I miss Noah's Ark and how it ran during my first visit in 1994.

And from Six Flags America I miss how much a great park it use to be.

KIngs Dominion - 35 years of visiting that park and growing!!!

Batman and Robin: The Chiller formerly at Six Flags Great Adventure is probably my favorite ride that is now gone. I know it suffered from many issues and it never really worked with any consistency, but for whatever reason it is special to me as an interesting ride that I wish was still around. I think I read somewhere that the ride has been sold and is going somewhere else though, so perhaps it isn't gone for good?

As to the ride that I am most happy to see gone, I would say Son of Beast. That ride really never amounted to anything good and despite having several world records, the ride just wasn't good.

^As I recall, it's now at Beto Carrero World in Brazil, but I don't know if they've done anything other than store it (at least according to rcdb.com).

We have a thread devoted to it.

Edited by cfc

I miss when Dueling Dragon's, I mean Dragon Challenge, actually dueled.

I liked Great American Scream Machine and Batman and Robin: The Chiller. Never got to ride The Chiller, but it looked really interesting and fun. GASM was a rough son of a b*tch, but I liked it.

What was so great about that ride?

Eagle's Fortress at Everland just so happens to be the greatest terrain coaster ever built in addition to being the greatest suspended coaster ever built. The ride, at its highest point was never more than 25 feet or so above the ground, but delivered a great ride that would envy Cedar Fair and Six Flags. As the lift of Eagle's Fortress was on a hillside, most of the major parks in America could not duplicate this ride experience.

• 2 months later...

Shockwave at SFGAm, and the Scream Machine at SFGAdv- since Shockwave was at my home park I liked it better than GASM but I miss both a lot! I miss Deja Vu at SFGAm too, when it ran, anyway. Hopefully I can get to Silverwood some day and ride it again! Lastly, I actually liked Son Of Beast, and wish it was still around.

I also miss the Steel Phantom a lot, but that's tough to put on the list because I love Phantom's Revenge, too.

After looking at my list, I must be a glutton for punishment!!

I can't believe I didn't post in this thread.

As for defunct rides:

Kong at USO. Cheesy but cool. Luckily the Movie ride at Phantasialand is still alive.

Wooden Coasters:

I had some great rides on the Texas Giant in the rain. Haven't ridden NTAG yet.

No doubt though - OzCat was an awesome ride. Greatly Missed.

Steel - They come and go. Some bad, some good. Most are mediocre.

Then there was Eagles Fortress. Would probably still rank #1 with me if it was still open.

I'll never forget the first ride (at night) during ERT that Everland had given us. We figured one or two courtesy rides (to show our gratitude to the park) and we'd be done. After the first ride, we came back into the station and Elissa was holding a very small KT. She couldn't believe how we were RAVING about it. She thought we were BS'ing her. When NO ONE got off and rerode, she thought we were taking the joke a little too far. When we came back again, I got off to hold KT while Elissa rode.

The rest is history. Best ERT ever!!

The ride was supposed to be torn down later that year, as T-Express would be opening. Due to the subsequent ranking in Mitch's poll (Which the parks management really noticed), the ride remained open another year or two. Fortunately, we went back the following year to prove to others how great it truly was.

Awesome ride, but tearing it down was inevitable. It was literally tearing itself apart. But it was one incredible ride!!