TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your most annoying ride song

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ a close second to me is the EuroMir song.

I am now hiding as some of you throw tomatoes.

Nothing tops "It's a Small World After All" when it comes to being annoying. Then again, there are those tunes they play in the queues for Eejanaika and Dodonpa at Fuji Q. They cease their ability to amuse after the first hour or so.

^Nothing is more annoying, but a close second to me is the EuroMir song.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Do spiels count? I so I vote California Screamin'. The actual onboard audio is great but the constant NPH station narration is awful.

As a former ride-op, I can confirm that 12 consecutive hours of just about anything can annoy you. However the king was Kotkot at Linnanmäki (yes, the egg ride). It has a theme that drills into your head around 500 times per day, but it's specialty is that it clearly has a beginning and an end. Every time it ends you silently wish it somehow didn't start again...

It's not so much a song, but the station spiel on Great America's X-Flight makes me happy that B&M's eat people- thusly abbreviating the time spent waiting in the station listening to said horrible spiel. There would be a sizable increase of people stabbing themselves in the ear at Great America if X-Flight had the PPH of Deja Vu (for example). What an awful spiel.

While Small World is the obvious choice, I'm really not a fan of the song on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Also, I don't know if it's changed since I was there about 5 years ago, but Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit's queue had some of the dumbest, most annoying videos and songs (maybe it was just videos) in its queue that I've ever endured.

While calling out Universal Orlando resort, I've got to say they're home to some of my favorites: Jurassic Park and Harry Potter. Of course, those were original scores for movie soundtracks...so that's not too fair.

I'll go ahead and throw in that I don't care much for Disney songs from their cartoons, so Under the Sea (Little Mermaid) is up there. Splash Mountain, while not a Disney cartoon, has some great music though.

I remember queuing for The Smiler for 3 hours and listening to that "wah wah wah, wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wahhh" over and over and almost going mad. I don't think i'll ever forget that tune. Not sure it will be back when it re-opens next year. Definitely the most annoying in my opinion. The ride more than makes up for it though.

It's not really a ride song but, the new ride safety procedure announcement on rides at Dorney Park is annoying. It sounded like a really bad rap to me! What was wrong with the old automated voices that I heard in videos from previous years? During my two day visit for the first time at Dorney Park back in June, the "ride safety rap" kind of got annoying but, other than that, the park had an amazing collection of rides and roller coasters!

As much as I love Top Thrill Dragster, hearing "From the roof top shout it out.... BABY I'M READY TO GO..." What seems like every 30 seconds gets really old, and really annoying... really fast.

Meh... I love me some Republica.... But I liked the song long before I ever cared what TTD was, ha ha.... Stadium Anthems FTW!

I would never willingly subject myself or others I know and love to the "its a small world" theme song divorced from the ride. Ever. Ever. I would be honestly surprised if it hadn't been used as psychological warfare either at Waco or in Guantanamo Bay.

I would never willingly subject myself or others I know and love to the "its a small world" theme song divorced from the ride. Ever. Ever. I would be honestly surprised if it hadn't been used as psychological warfare either at Waco or in Guantanamo Bay.

It was waterboarding before waterboarding was even a thing

Although we did get this as a result:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

One thing I learnt during my trip to WDW earlier this year is that if Robb asks if you have been on "It's a small world", just say yes, even if you haven't been on it. I made the grave mistake of saying no, and from that point I had no choice, I was immediately forced to go on it.

At least I managed to avoid Hall of Presidents...

As much as I love Top Thrill Dragster, hearing "From the roof top shout it out.... BABY I'M READY TO GO..." What seems like every 30 seconds gets really old, and really annoying... really fast.

When I first heard it it seemed pretty cool but yeah, after a while it got really really annoying (especially as every second you spend in TTD'd station is in fear the ride will go down )