TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who ever puked during or because of a ride?

Well, the question speaks for itself. Please be specific about the rides or any disgusting funny situations you've created when emptying your breakfast during or right after a ride.

Me first I only puked once right after a ride. After an ERT on Goliath in Walibi Holland, early morning, I puked in the bushes. I did about then rounds when I convinced myself to do one more, the last one. Well, bad idea. I think the bunny hops killed me. Gladly almost no-one saw it because I yelled to the group 'Move on, I will catch up!' before it happened.

Who's next

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I endured the technicolor yawn on a Frisbee I rode in Germany. I had drunk a lot, it was a crazy-intense ride, and all the strobe lights didn't help and I projectile vomited all over myself, my ex (hmm, I wonder why he's my ex) and my friends. The ride was also full, so one of my most embarrassing moments was witnessed by 31 other people.

^ Germany + crazy flat rides + copius amounts of alcohol...yeah, I can see how & why that happened.

I think that the only rides we rode at Oktoberfest after drinking in the beer halls were Alpina Bahn and Olympia Looping. I steered well clear of all the crazy spinning flats because I had a bad feeling about trying those out after 5 or 6 Maß of beer!

And to date, I have never gotten sick from a ride .

Edited by Philrad71

I personally have never thrown up on a ride, however while I was riding bizzaro at great adventure (which I have no clue how it could even be nauseating) someone threw up on the train in front of us (and they were actually running 3 trains with literally 5 minute lines) so the train I was on and the train behind us had to wait on the brake run for 15 minutes to wait for them to clean it up. It was a fun 15 minutes

Thankfully I have never thrown up ON a ride... *Knock on wood.* However, MaxAir has made me throw-up AFTER riding it. Thankfully I was able to make it to the bathroom first. But ugh. To. Much. Spinning. Also, I have throw-up when leaving an amusement park because of dehydration. But that wasn't really ride related.

I've already puked twice, but the first one was only a little bit of puke a few years ago on the Fun Fair. I think the ride was called Playball. And I was able to hold it till I've left the ride!

The second one happend in 2013 at SFMM after riding Tatsu! And the worst thing was that because of that, I've could only ride 4 of all 18 coasters!

^ Germany + crazy flat rides + copius amounts of alcohol...yeah, I can see how & why that happened. .

Throw in not enough sleep as well. That will totally do it. Good thing is when you get wasted you may (hopefully) not remember it, unless someone was nice enough to record it

So far I've had an iron stomach. Aside from being very ill with a fever and all the other fun stuff, I've never had to return my lunch to the ground from whence it came.

That being said, I'm getting older and things may change.

Who's next

I don't think I have ever puked due to a ride, but during this summer I was at a park and suddenly the line stopped moving for one of their woodies. After about 10 minutes with 0 movement, I excused myself up past people in line to the station to see what was going on. I think I just asked, "What's going on?" and I don't remember what the ride op said exactly, but it was made clear that they were in the middle of cleaning someone's lunch out of one of the cars.

I made sure to sincerely thank them when I eventually made it up to the station.

I haven't ever puked because of a ride yet thankfully, but I've come close on a few rides. I've got a stomach of steel when it comes to roller coasters, but spinning flats definitely push it. The worst offender was Holiday World's Turkey Twirl (tilt-a-whirl), and others are MaXair at Cedar Point and Delirium at Kings Island, but to a lesser extent.

The only roller coaster that makes me queasy (but only slightly) is Invertigo at Kings Island. Going through 3 loops backwards is what does it.

Closest I've ever gotten to puking was on the Typhoon at the Kentucky State Fair. I'm usually okay on spinning type rides, but this one was way too disorienting and had a ride cycle just a tad too long for my tastes (or my stomach).

edit: Oops I didn't look at your link, wrong typhoon...

But you did remind me, that ride is probably the closest I have come to puking as well. We had one at the "Fun Forest" at Seattle Center, and I went on it with a friend when we were on a school field trip. I got off and felt very bad for the rest of the day, it was like I got the fly immediately from riding this thing.

My main weaknesses are the inflatables and trampolines.

I started feeling sick on the inflatables after I slid down an inflatable slide in the rain and ended up crashing off the slide, on the grass and eventually hitting my head on that pointless metal railing thing, chipping a bit off my teeth.

I was once sick on a trampoline. This was immediately after a ~5 minute ride on a Waltzer (only one other person was on) and then on the trampoline, BOOM.

And when I do go on the inflatables, I can only do two or three slides, or about three minutes in the castle.

The Frisbee at SFFT almost did me in. A long night of Shiner Bock followed by and early morning ride on the Frisbee, I felt like I was going to lose it but composed myself by the end of the ride only to see someone across from me getting sick as the ride was stopping. Not sure how I didn't get sick at that point, watching/smelling someone else puking usually pushes me over the edge.

New York State Fair this year. It was pushing 100F the day I was there. I will conclude this story with a photojournal and leave the rest to your imagination.

DSC_0388.jpg.c31e13efe81bd7e9dc1a9c1fdc15f0e9.jpg

Mondial ... you &^%$# *&^^%%$ @!$$&* !!!!!!!!!

DSC_0427.jpg.4c7133d60d4bd4d1901e4ef0cf504f45.jpg

This is... also a thing.

DSC_0428.jpg.7ac8172c94ee5ede067c86b774c55d27.jpg

This is a thing.

DSC_0435.jpg.a145e5db3587e63ae0bef4431099610e.jpg

Let's get started.

^^ The Frisbee is also what did my partner in at Banshee Bash. Not that we stayed up late drinking, but we did have our usual 2-3 Manhattan's at the Hampton Inn once we got checked into our room.

I think that combined with the early ERT in the morning on Banshee/Delerium did him in for the day. The only rides that he went on after morning ERT was Windseeker (much later in the day) and the Lazy River and wave pool at the water park.

^ I could see where that would make one ill! We did the World Food Showcase when we were there a couple of years ago...had some German food and a couple of beers, but stayed away from the crazy flat rides.