TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which coasters are the "most fun" to ride?

I could go on with list:

Kumba

Scorpion

Alpengeist

Loch Ness Monster

Verbolten

Apollo's Chariot

Thunderbird

Raven

Voyage

Flight Of Fear

Avalanche

Great Bear

SooperDooperLooper

Trailblaezer

Lighting Racer

Comet

Fahrenheit

Storm Runner

Manta (SWO)

Kraken

Dragon Challenge

Batman The Dark Knight (SFNE)

Wild One

Superman Ride Of Steel

Batwing

I'm sure there's more but these are these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another, and I agree with Chuck, the Grizzly Gulch Runaway Mine Train at Hong Kong Disneyland is really a fun experience.

It starts easy enough for a family style coaster; then up the hill and then_____________________; and rolling back to the bears; and BAM!

out of the tunnel and everybody's screaming including me! And the momentum doesn't stop till right at the end, rolling back into the station.

Good fun coaster.

200032374_Resizeof0016_9.jpg.06643dcfca1ac1ac5c5092661a4bcf62.jpg

One of my GG Mine Train shots, on the TPR 2012 China Tour.

I have to say I'm with Coasterbill on this one. The rides I rank the highest are the ones I find the most fun. I've had more fun on Outlaw Run than on any other coaster. Hence, it's my #1. I come back to the station laughing and applauding still, after 3 full seasons and dozens of rides.

Really, there are few roller coasters I don't find fun, and usually for some major flaw. Ninja at SFStL is a good example; it's rough to the point of being painful, and that removes the fun factor for me. So I don't ride it; I go on Batman next door instead, and have fun. If you're not having fun in this hobby, then find one you do find fun. There are so many things we have to do, so many obligations of work, and family, and society. When you get a chance to do something you find fun, enjoy it.

Most fun I have had on a coaster so far is Timber Terror backward this year @ Scarywood. Best thing at the event by far, though Tremors in the dark was a close second.

So far in my limited coaster experience, each coaster I rode last is the "most fun"!! That's what I love about coasters, even the bad ones I have been on were still a lot of fun despite their downsides

Orkanen @ Farup Sommerland. It's just a small little family coaster, but it's just so much fun. I love the atmosphere of the ride, it has some fun forces, though it's not intense at all, it's just a ton of fun to marathon.

Wicked @ Lagoon - Again, not the most intense coaster ever, but a lot of fun. The launch and drop is great, the Zero G Roll is fun, and even the 2nd half with all the turns, it's just a lot of fun.

Euro Mir @ Europa Park - Just the lifthill alone is a ton of fun. Get a great group of friends, that catchy song, and you have a dance party. The mirrors at the top, also just a ton of fun, and the actual roller coaster portion is really good too.

For me it's definitely Verbolten. I can get my entire family on the ride and we all love it. The German themeing is great and I love the added intensity of the black forest. No one sees the free-fall coming either just adding to it. This might also have to do with BBW being one of my first coasters too.... (Oh the memories)

Great thread! Lotta good ones.

My personal "funnest" coaster is Space Mountain at Disneyland in Anaheim. I just really dig that music along with the ride. I even have the song on my iPhone! Of course it was down for the changeover to "Hyperspace Mountain" during our last visit. How is that? No reviews have dropped into my lap yet.

For me it's definitely Verbolten. I can get my entire family on the ride and we all love it. The German themeing is great and I love the added intensity of the black forest. No one sees the free-fall coming either just adding to it. This might also have to do with BBW being one of my first coasters too.... (Oh the memories)

If I'm with a first-time rider on Verbolten, I never tell them about the free-fall drop.

Euro-Mir wins it for me! It will forever be one of my favorite coasters in the world, even if it isn't a 'top 10' kind of ride. It was the coaster I rode the most during my 3 day Europa-Park trip back in August. It never stops being fun!

Honorable mentions go to: Rutschebanen @ Tivoli Gardens, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad @ Disneyland Paris and Ninja @ Six Flags Magic Mountain

Firehawk. Absolutely Firehawk. First time I rode it, earlier this year, I got off with tears running down my face from laughing so hard. Same several rides later, too... I don't think it will ever stop having that effect on me. Something about it just turns me into a giggling six year old. Never gonna get tired of it.